Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Church people are mostly exclusive, like all people. Except, in some churches people are more inclusive than others. But, there are still times when no one wants to invite me out to do anything.

And, the churches have been pretty forceful on me with their views. I can't keep my liberal theological views and get along with people in the conservative, evangelical churches that I tend to go to. :preach:

But, the liberal churches don't have a lot of young people, plus I am not sure if these churches are all that good for me. :liturgy:. However, I like the Eucharist that the Episcopals and Lutherans tend to have with all of their services. :). But, not that many young people here for me to befriend. :/

Anyways, feeling lonely, sad, and depressed. :(

The current church - Irving Bible Church, located in Irving, Texas - forced me out of a small group and they're taking a while to talk to me about my needing to see a counselor for my problems, when I know that those people don't usually work on me.

Anyways, with the actions taken by the Young Adults pastor who is a woman and the intern who is a guy, I am not having a lot of this --> :groupray:

Anyways, again, I am telling you people that I feel lonely, sad, and depressed. :(

C

christsoccer

Church people are mostly exclusive, like all people. Except, in some churches people are more inclusive than others. But, there are still times when no one wants to invite me out to do anything.

And, the churches have been pretty forceful on me with their views. I can't keep my liberal theological views and get along with people in the conservative, evangelical churches that I tend to go to. :preach:

But, the liberal churches don't have a lot of young people, plus I am not sure if these churches are all that good for me. :liturgy:. However, I like the Eucharist that the Episcopals and Lutherans tend to have with all of their services. :). But, not that many young people here for me to befriend. :/

The current church - Irving Bible Church, located in Irving, Texas - forced me out of a small group and they're taking a while to talk to me about my needing to see a counselor for my problems, when I know that those people don't usually work on me.

Anyways, with the actions taken by the Young Adults pastor who is a woman and the intern who is a guy, I am not having a lot of this --> :groupray:

Anyways, again, I am telling you people that I feel lonely, sad, and depressed. :(

Praying for you
:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
16.gif
Praying. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

nicedream

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
✟10,214.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
praying for you...we all have different purposes in our lives. praying for you to discover your purpose. also, if i lived in Texas, i would definitely be excluded for being too liberal. it is possible that you are struggling to find a group that believes what you believe, but Texas, like every part of the country, has it's own culture. anyway, i'm praying for you to get the help you need and to find your strength in God and Him alone, not in what others' think or say. just because *people* reject us, that doesn't mean Jesus rejects us. in fact, Jesus spent more time with rejected people than anyone else!! God still has a plan for you.

AND, in the future, God will bring you into a group of people so that you won't be lonely anymore. maybe that group is online? or in a support group for depression?

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

You may think about visiting new churches. When I was thinking about finding a new church because of diff. issues, I went to my current church every other sunday and tried a new church on the alternate sundays.

That allows you to still have your church community around you, yet to explore if there is another church that would better meet your needs. You may also find by visiting other churches that you really don't want to go anywhere else.

I have found that one good friend in Christ goes a long way. I don't try to 'fit in' when I have my one good friend who I can always talk to. Sometimes we tell people too much when we know it's going to be controversial. If people do not know you well, you will probably be judged, so guard your heart and share with those who are closest to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ValorWoman4Jesus

Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2013
USA
✟50,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry you feel this way! My husband and I too feel like outcasts even in the church. We have asked people out to lunch, and they normally oblige, but no one calls to invite us out. Only once did a person we would like as a friend invited my husband out. He was from Evergreen Community Church. We have been attending First Baptist Church of Woodbridge. Now we are looking to go to Calvary Hill Baptist. We want a place where matters of the heart are really dealth with. I love a church that really reaches out and helps the socially despised folks. I mean if we are all part of God's family and in tune with the holy spirit, why aren't my husband and I in deeper fellowship with other Christians. We are all supposed to be members of the body of Christ. Unfortunately, the church is dvided. We need unity among the brethren. Churches need to change people and cause them to thrive so that there will be no need for welfare programs. Does it look like everyone in America is thriving? No way! I won't even talk about other countries, because it is a whole other discussion. I'm with you brother!

Upvote 0

ValorWoman4Jesus

Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2013
USA
✟50,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aww, i feel the exact same way. Kinda the outcast and let down terribly by Christians. I realized that were human to but geeeeezzzzz, we are called to walk in Love, kindness, obedience- but mostly love. Heres a BIG HUG AND PRAYERS GOING TO THE ONE WITH DEEP COMPASSION FOR YOU.

Ditto sister! Let's chat!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.