Feeling depressed about a problem with the covid vaccine

123flower

Apr 22, 2012
✟25,520.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am feeling depressed of a problem I don’t know how to solve it. The problem is, in the beginning my husband hesitated about the covid vaccine. But he has heard good stories about it of other people and has now decided to get the vaccine. I have OCD and anxiety and I have read a lot of things on the internet about how bad the vaccine is. From normal things like being tested too short to crazy conspiracy things like dna altering. I sure definitely don’t want the vaccine, because I don’t trust it, just in case those internet stories are right. I don’t want my husband to take it either. We are in our 30’s en 40’s, young and healthy. I also feel lonely about this matter, because I think I am the only one in my group of family and friends that don’t want the vaccine. I have no one to talk about this and I’m feeling lonely and scared. Can someone help me and give me advice?

• Prayers
Reactions: Mayflower1

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am feeling depressed of a problem I don’t know how to solve it. The problem is, in the beginning my husband hesitated about the covid vaccine. But he has heard good stories about it of other people and has now decided to get the vaccine. I have OCD and anxiety and I have read a lot of things on the internet about how bad the vaccine is. From normal things like being tested too short to crazy conspiracy things like dna altering. I sure definitely don’t want the vaccine, because I don’t trust it, just in case those internet stories are right. I don’t want my husband to take it either. We are in our 30’s en 40’s, young and healthy. I also feel lonely about this matter, because I think I am the only one in my group of family and friends that don’t want the vaccine. I have no one to talk about this and I’m feeling lonely and scared. Can someone help me and give me advice?
I think that you could simply plead, ... "I have anxiety about the vaccine. Until God eases that anxiety, ... I am choosing not to take it."

Your friends and family should respect that. But you should also respect their decision to get the vaccine if they so choose ...

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Let people make their own decisions (including you and your husband) whether to or not get the vaccine .... and let it go.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am in the same place about the vaccine. There is just too much on both sides right now that I want to just watch it and see how it goes for a bit. I am more concerned with long term effects. I can understand those older wanting the vaccine, but my husband and I are also in our thirties. I'd just share with your husband your concerns if you want and just keep in prayer about it. Jehovah Rapha, who heals us, is more then capable of protecting us with or without a vaccine. But it is good to still have wisdom in decisions we make. If you weighed out everything, I would say to stick to your gut.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can someone help me and give me advice?
  1. My family is passing on Pfizer & Moderna. No one knows their long-term effects, yet. They are otherwise good vaccines (so far), if limited in scope of protection.
  2. My family has had a long-term, bad reaction to vaccines that use the same process as Johnson & Johnson's entry (B-list cell bases). So that is a pass, too.
  3. We are waiting for Valneva or one like it (A-list cell bases). It is an old-school style vaccine. My family tolerates those well. If successful, it will protect against more variants of covid than group #1.
With OCD, though, you need more than just advice.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had a minor reaction to the 2nd injection but I got over it. If I got Covid I would have very little chance of getting over it.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
For a while there everything death was getting tagged covid ( I know people in hospital work). Even so, with false elevated numbers of deaths the survival rate is right around 98%. High numbers of deaths scares people but you got to roll that in an earth population of what, nearly 8 billion people.This thing was highly political.

That said, the longer term effect is going to be how governments handle people who have not had the vaccine. There is a reason you receive a "vaccinated card" when you get the shot. I don't trust it or them ! I also don't make any accusations to those I know who have taken it, most with very little side effects thus far. It's a personal choice.

Finally, of three vaccines we have thus far, in every case aborted baby stem cells were used someplace along the process if not in the vaccine itself ( though in one it's synthetic duplication , the Johnson I believe). So if you outright speak out against abortion, taking the vaccine you then support abortion. I'm 71 and male,if pushed I might consider that Johnson because there is no direct link.

I saw this morning I think it was Pfizer who is working on a pill.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am hesitant as well. I also had Covid twice. I am scared of shots. My sister contracted Guillion Barre syndrom in the 70's from a vaccine and almost died,my kids and both my sisters are anti vaxers and several people I know had mild to severe reactions to the vaccine. So I am surrounded with reasons not to get it however , I am getting it anyway for the simple reason that I dont want to wear a mask the rest of my life.
Be blessed.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
For what it's worth, my age group got called up and I'm booking my appointment today - which MEANS, I'll be getting my jab before my father, who is still waiting for 'the right time'.

My outlook is that in a few years time, I'll be considered middle aged; and I've got so many more countries to explore (I was actually travelling just before the lockdowns) and a life to live while I'm young (and still able to push my physical limits) that the idea of sitting in the house talking to conspiracy theorists online about 'scamdemics', Klaus Schwab and Bill Gates is actually a fate WORSE than any potential long term side effects (what, after the sun has set on my summer?). Or even death.

I lived a full life before this pandemic, and I'm determined to get right back to it. I'm not going to put any further delays on it. "12 weeks to flatten the curve" was already a big ask. Let alone 18 months.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whoever goes to the LORD for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty, can say to him, “You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust.” He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly diseases. He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you. You need not fear any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day or the plagues that strike in the dark or the evils that kill in daylight.
Psalms 91:1‭-‬6 GNB

Praise the Lord! His Word is Truth!

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have read a lot of things on the internet about how bad the vaccine is. From normal things like being tested too short to crazy conspiracy things like dna altering.
It helps to remind yourself that there is a lot of inaccurate information from both sides of the debate, from the authorities and media suppressing real problems and honest questions to extremists making it worse than it is. It's hard to sort it out, but the first thing I do is discount both extreme ends of the spectrum.

Doing so, there's enough to be legitimately concerned about. The state of vaccinations before this - with some six dozen shots given to kids, beginning right at birth, and stratospheric rates of autism and immune problems, was enough to give me pause even before these rushed-to-market Covid vaccines.

I personally know of two people who have been radically affected by vaccines. One was a very healthy and active 50 yo who got a flu shot. Within days his health began to fail. Two years later he was confined to a bed, immobile, and sinking. That was years ago, but I lost touch.

The second had very successfully undergone radiation for some kind of chest cancer, and was doing great. The doctor wanted him to take the flu shot. Friends begged him not to, with his compromised immune system. But to him the doctors were always right. Three days later his health began to decline. The doctor put him back in the hospital, but curiously, chose a different hospital, inconveniently further away, where the case history would not be known and his peers would not see the results of his handiwork. Within two weeks Walter was dead.

I personally have no intention to get the vaccine. I will begin with an ongoing Ivermectin regimen next week.

But everyone has to make the decision for themselves. There's a lot of pressure on people to get the shot, or they can lose their job, schooling, or be confined to non-vax sections. That last tactic makes little sense to me, if those who have been vaxed are actually protected as is claimed. Which brings me back to the politics, which have played such a large role in our response to this disease.

So examine the facts and don't let malignant fears guide your response. Act one way or the other in faith, and be at peace.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my husband hesitated about the covid vaccine. But he has heard good stories about it of other people and has now decided to get the vaccine. I have OCD and anxiety and I have read a lot of things on the internet about how bad the vaccine is.
You can pray with your husband until you are in God's peace and do what He has you do in His peace.

And do not trust what is in fear and worry.

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟40,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
@123flower,

Until recently, I was somewhat in your shoes--I had trouble making up my mind which way to go regarding the COVID vaccine. I see one side pushing for it pretty hard, and I see the other side saying it could be dangerous...we just don't know.

So here's what I decided to do and how I decided to do it. I did get both shots of the Pfizer vaccine. I did as much research as I could with an open mind, whilst also trying to use wisdom to winnow the hype on both sides (so if I thought something was just too crazy, I decided to acknowledge it was based on emotion, not necessarily on facts). My husband volunteered to be a test subject in the Pfizer testing, so I saw first hand what he went through. I spoke with him about it and asked for his thoughts and reasoning. I decided to NOT focus on fear, but rather on trust in the strength of the body God made for me. I spoke with my doctor, bearing in mind they are kind of influences to push the shots. Since that's a medical professional who knows me and whom I know and trust--got a lot of good info. Then, I made a decision that was right for me, because I am 59yo and in EXCELLENT health--if anyone was ever going to be a good test subject for the possible effects it would be me. I have an immune system that can take care of viruses and illnesses, so I have some faith that I've been built to work with this shot. But if it goes bad, and it might, I am not a young person with a whole life ahead of me. I've had children and grandchildren, loved and been loved. I'd like to live a long time, but if that's not what God has in store for me, I'm okay with that.

So I would suggest that you do the same. Do some research and don't listen to the ones that are just to "conspiracy" on either side. Ask your doctor. Talk to your husband. Look at your own age and health. And then decide what is best for you. It's okay to wait and see what happens long term. It's also okay to have courage and not live in fear.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums