Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have been reading the recent book by Calvin Parker about the Pascagoula Abduction "The Closest Encounter"
Pascagoula Abduction - Wikipedia

Parker describes how he threw all his clothing including his shoes into a garbage bag the morning after his encounter. This is interesting to me, because in 2009 something traumatic happened to me apparently, and that is exactly how I reacted. I took all my clothing, my luggage, and everything inside my luggage including my wallet and the money - everything - and I cut it to shreds and put in the trash. Then I took a shower and began drinking glasses of water repeatedly in at attempt to decontaminate my body. In my case, I have no memory of what happened to upset me so much. As far as I know I just went to sleep in a hotel and woke up and showered and caught my flight home. Then when the airplane landed it was like I collapsed psychologically and realized that something terrible must have happened even though I had no memory of what happened - and I still have no memory.

As I recall, Betty and Barney Hill had a similar reaction after their experience. They put all their clothing in the trash and felt a need to bathe even though they initially only remembered having seen a UFO - they had no memory of an abduction.

Just wondering if others have experienced that feeling of being contaminated. It is an interesting clue. Maybe it is a commonality in the psychology of people in a mental breakdown, or maybe it is commonality in the possibly paranormal/spiritual/UFO experiences that trigger the trauma.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DennisTate

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The commonness is demonic intrusion in lives. i.e. not unidentified finally - known for thousands of years.

Calling on Jesus is the one Way to Freedom, to not being overcome and not remaining overcome by the darkness which leads to destruction continually and with finality if not stopped.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The commonness is demonic intrusion in lives. i.e. not unidentified finally - known for thousands of years.

Calling on Jesus is the one Way to Freedom, to not being overcome and not remaining overcome by the darkness which leads to destruction continually and with finality if not stopped.
Are you aware of people reacting to demonic encounters by throwing-away their clothing and taking baths afterwards?

I know of course of the popular Christian theory that UFOs are demons, but honestly that explanation seems to be only another form of ignoring UFOs. Project Blue Book dismissed UFOs as hoaxes and confabulations and the planet Venus and the Christians dismiss UFOs as demons. The result is the same - ignore the phenomena.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I may need to ignore this thread for awhile, because it is dredging-up a lot of memories and anxiety. I was tempted to see if the moderators could remove the thread after I created it, but maybe it will be beneficial or interesting to others. As for me, I need to focus on life today (at least for today :) )

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As far as I know I just went to sleep in a hotel and woke up and showered and caught my flight home. Then when the airplane landed it was like I collapsed psychologically and realized that something terrible must have happened even though I had no memory of what happened - and I still have no memory.

What the rich and powerful do behind closed doors - literally doing occult rituals, opening gateways for the devil.

Disturbingly, I didn't read it from the internet but from a friend who worked in the building in the neighorhood being used by very rich businessmen for the rituals.

The unseen hierarchy out there also known by Apostle Paul from the devil to the people who serve him, controlling and manipulating people through witchcraft, drugs, and money.

P.S. you did the right thing aboud "decontamination". In religious term, it's called, "consecration". Simply the process of disinfecting (literally) which means both cleaning (hygiene) and disposal of contaminated items.

Spirits can "imprint" on physical items. A process that may be known to the field of Quantum Mechanics like "entanglement". Even a person can imprint on physical objects, other people. So careful of the people you deal with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
when I was into the occult or esoteric and a working went awry, i could feel a little 'contaminated' for a lack of a better word. but that's the trap. i just chose to not feel like that and solidily 'remembered' that I was in control and that usually worked. took practice though. there is a reason why any occult system worth its salt focused on mind control (your own, not others) and meditation first, before one starts to practice any workings.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
A shower and a nice cup of your favorite tea is a great way to decontaminate yourself.

The best way to decontaminate your home of devils and/or aliens to play "It's A Small World After All" on repeat for about 8 hours with the volume cranked up. Also works on neighbors.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The best way to decontaminate your home of devils and/or aliens to play "It's A Small World After All"

haha!

The devils might love the song though. The devils love lies. Our world is technically not exactly small because it's both huge and small at the same time. It's not a metaphor. I'm actually being literal.

Maybe small in terms of space but incredibly massive in terms of data. Even that data is both huge and tiny at the same time.

A qualitative description of quantity is probably meaningless. So the world being small isn't true in every situation or scenario. Always another side to one thing so it's not truthful to sing only about the one side but not the other!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The best way to decontaminate your home of devils and/or aliens to play "It's A Small World After All" on repeat for about 8 hours with the volume cranked up. Also works on neighbors.

What's New, Pussycat works good too.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can't say I've had such experiences.

If you have not already, I'd suggest you go to mental health professionals. You'd probably do better to take a more secular view of the world.. that this "contamination" is all in your mind. Practice realizing this stuff isn't real.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I agree with MehGuy, I don't really give these things any consideration and lo and behold I'm not affected by them. Not that I'm suggesting "don't think about it" as an alternative for actual mental assistance but if it is a matter of adjusting mindset that's a place to start.

To anyone who is reading, stick with your medication. You are valid.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Just wondering if others have experienced that feeling of being contaminated. It is an interesting clue. Maybe it is a commonality in the psychology of people in a mental breakdown, or maybe it is commonality in the possibly paranormal/spiritual/UFO experiences that trigger the trauma.

I don't recall ever having such an experience but it doesn't sound like an unusual response to a traumatic experience; you want to purge the memory and remove anything that might remind you of it.

Suppressing a traumatic experience is probably not the ideal way to deal with it, though.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I know of course of the popular Christian theory that UFOs are demons, but honestly that explanation seems to be only another form of ignoring UFOs. Project Blue Book dismissed UFOs as hoaxes and confabulations and the planet Venus and the Christians dismiss UFOs as demons. The result is the same - ignore the phenomena.
I can accept that ETs exist out there. But as yet I've seen no physical evidence to convince me.

I don't think Christians are ignoring the phenomena: we do have a common answer for them and yes, they're activities of spirits that oppose God. That is, such encounters are not extra-terrestrial but extra-dimensional.

Are you aware of people reacting to demonic encounters by throwing-away their clothing and taking baths afterwards?
No. But I can understand it and sympathize with it.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't recall ever having such an experience but it doesn't sound like an unusual response to a traumatic experience; you want to purge the memory and remove anything that might remind you of it.

Suppressing a traumatic experience is probably not the ideal way to deal with it, though.
For me, there is no actual memory of a traumatic experience, so all I can do is imagine the worst, and that probably isn't very helpful LOL. I just thought it was interesting about the feeling of being contaminated. I had already showered when I woke up that morning, but I snapped when the airplane landed and we were all disembarking. I suddenly felt that something had happened even though I didn't have a memory of anything. Then when I got home I immediately took another shower and threw away everything I had brought on the trip except for things like my driver's license. I felt it was all contaminated.

Here is a quote from the Betty and Barnie Hill article:
Arriving home at about dawn, the Hills assert that they had some odd sensations and impulses they could not readily explain: Betty insisted their luggage be kept near the back door rather than in the main part of the house. Their watches would never work again. Barney said that the leather strap for the binoculars was torn, though he could not recall it tearing. The toes of his best dress shoes were scraped. Barney says he was compelled to examine his genitals in the bathroom, though he found nothing unusual. They took long showers to remove possible contamination and each drew a picture of what they had observed
Barney and Betty Hill - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Can't say I've had such experiences.

If you have not already, I'd suggest you go to mental health professionals. You'd probably do better to take a more secular view of the world.. that this "contamination" is all in your mind. Practice realizing this stuff isn't real.
I'm mostly recovered now from whatever it was. It's annoying that I don't know for certain what happened. I've mentioned this to several therapists over the years, but they prefer to focus on current issues such as depression, anxiety, etc. It seems to worry me more than it worries them. As long as I don't start trying to understand my memories from that time I am o.k. When I go back and think then I start feeling shaky. So it is best not to go back and think :)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have been reading the recent book by Calvin Parker about the Pascagoula Abduction "The Closest Encounter"
Pascagoula Abduction - Wikipedia

Parker describes how he threw all his clothing including his shoes into a garbage bag the morning after his encounter. This is interesting to me, because in 2009 something traumatic happened to me apparently, and that is exactly how I reacted. I took all my clothing, my luggage, and everything inside my luggage including my wallet and the money - everything - and I cut it to shreds and put in the trash. Then I took a shower and began drinking glasses of water repeatedly in at attempt to decontaminate my body. In my case, I have no memory of what happened to upset me so much. As far as I know I just went to sleep in a hotel and woke up and showered and caught my flight home. Then when the airplane landed it was like I collapsed psychologically and realized that something terrible must have happened even though I had no memory of what happened - and I still have no memory.

As I recall, Betty and Barney Hill had a similar reaction after their experience. They put all their clothing in the trash and felt a need to bathe even though they initially only remembered having seen a UFO - they had no memory of an abduction.

Matthew 4
may be useful to you?

If even Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus can be taken here and there by the "Tempter" then it is no shock if something similar might happen to one of us.

Matthew chapter four reminds me of the near death experience account of Rabbi Alon Anava in a lot of ways and Matthew 5
Matthew 6
and Matthew 7
remind me of his admonitions to all Jews and Gentile to do teshuva and show acts of kindness now that he is deeply spiritual and religious as well.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'm mostly recovered now from whatever it was. It's annoying that I don't know for certain what happened. I've mentioned this to several therapists over the years, but they prefer to focus on current issues such as depression, anxiety, etc. It seems to worry me more than it worries them. As long as I don't start trying to understand my memories from that time I am o.k. When I go back and think then I start feeling shaky. So it is best not to go back and think
As always, back to Scripture for stability, truth, healing, and light (understanding , revelation).
The Father in heaven knows all that happened, all that happens, and provides every good gift, ... ... ...

Upvote 0