✟168,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
So, I didn’t go to church today.
I didn’t feel very well (I didn’t sleep well) and I just needed a break from my godmother(I’m her ride to church). I feel horrible for saying that. She’s very extroverted while I am terribly introverted. Sometimes I find being around her exhausting. She made me feel guilty for not going and not telling her sooner but I didn’t know until this morning I wasn’t going to go. I feel awful about not going and needing a break from her. I love her very much but sometimes I have a hard time being around her because of various superficial things. It makes me feel terrible about myself.
Next time I see her I’ll apologize. I just don’t want to hurt her feelings.

edit: I should also include that she’s my neighbor and I see her multiple times a week

Last edited:

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, I didn’t go to church today.
I didn’t feel very well (I didn’t sleep well) and I just needed a break from my godmother(I’m her ride to church). I feel horrible for saying that. She’s very extroverted while I am terribly introverted. Sometimes I find being around her exhausting. She made me feel guilty for not going and not telling her sooner but I didn’t know until this morning I wasn’t going to go. I feel awful about not going and needing a break from her. I love her very much but sometimes I have a hard time being around her because of various superficial things. It makes me feel terrible about myself.
Next time I see her I’ll apologize. I just don’t want to hurt her feelings.

edit: I should also include that she’s my neighbor and I see her multiple times a week

Sometimes you have to step back for a little quiet. Spend that time reading your Bible and in prayer with God, bask in His love for you.

You can apologise to your Auntie again if you feel you need to, as you said, you see her all through the week.
She should understand you and be good with it, (some people find it hard to deal with other peoples problems)
You have done your best so don't beat yourself up about it.
God bless you dear one:rose:

Upvote 0

OrthodoxWanderer

May 4, 2020
NSEW
✟85,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm terribly introverted as well, and various times I've felt guilty about backing off from extroverted people when I couldn't handle them. So, I'd force myself to be around them anyway....and let me tell you, they know instantly that we're not in the mood for them and it makes it worse sometimes than excusing myself from the situation would have been. I get it, but don't feel too bad...if you needed a break, it's probably better that you took it than to force yourself and have her wonder about the subliminal vibes you would have given her.

Upvote 0