• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Feeling bad

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Bipolargirl, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Bipolargirl

Bipolargirl Wondering many things

+262
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    So, I didn’t go to church today.
    I didn’t feel very well (I didn’t sleep well) and I just needed a break from my godmother(I’m her ride to church). I feel horrible for saying that. She’s very extroverted while I am terribly introverted. Sometimes I find being around her exhausting. She made me feel guilty for not going and not telling her sooner but I didn’t know until this morning I wasn’t going to go. I feel awful about not going and needing a break from her. I love her very much but sometimes I have a hard time being around her because of various superficial things. It makes me feel terrible about myself.
    Next time I see her I’ll apologize. I just don’t want to hurt her feelings.

edit: I should also include that she’s my neighbor and I see her multiple times a week

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. AppleCider

AppleCider New Member

+36
    Holy See (vatican City State)
    Christian
    Single

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  3. Bipolargirl

Bipolargirl Wondering many things

+262
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    No, she’s also my neighbor so I see her multiple times a week

4. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,235
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Sometimes you have to step back for a little quiet. Spend that time reading your Bible and in prayer with God, bask in His love for you.

You can apologise to your Auntie again if you feel you need to, as you said, you see her all through the week.
    She should understand you and be good with it, (some people find it hard to deal with other peoples problems)
    You have done your best so don't beat yourself up about it.
    God bless you dear one:rose:

5. OrthodoxWanderer

OrthodoxWanderer Member

+159
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'm terribly introverted as well, and various times I've felt guilty about backing off from extroverted people when I couldn't handle them. So, I'd force myself to be around them anyway....and let me tell you, they know instantly that we're not in the mood for them and it makes it worse sometimes than excusing myself from the situation would have been. I get it, but don't feel too bad...if you needed a break, it's probably better that you took it than to force yourself and have her wonder about the subliminal vibes you would have given her.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+14,281
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I would not worry too much. sometimes we need a break.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List