Cross
Jan 4, 2012
USA
✟15,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whenever I workout, I put my earbuds in and start working out in my room every other night. But like halfway through, I feel like something is watching me from behind and then I get goosebumps and tingling going up my spine and neck. Is this a demonic force? because I'm very close to GOD and study the word often. And I get creeped out when this happens. Can anyone tell me what this is?

madetoworship

Who we were meant to be
Nov 19, 2006
California, United States
✟16,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anxiety rooted in your doubts of God's protection over you. You must remember, as God has always been faithful in your life and in history, so will He be faithful now and forever more - in being the God He always is, protecting and caring for His children!

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
"And I get creeped out when this happens."

*How often does it happen and do you recall when it started?

You rebuke it in Jesus' name and it left....are you meaning to
say it leaves every time you have rebuked it?

I'm curious since I read through some of your other threads...
there might be a connection with something else that's going
on in your life?

Upvote 0

asiyreh

God is salvation
Mar 14, 2012
Ireland
✟9,457.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One of my first endeavours as a baby Christian was to study the gnostic gospels. Before I gained a good basis in textual criticism I believed in many of these teachings I was studying, especially the "gospel of Thomas."

While I would ponder over the pages, I used to experience a feeling like someone was very softly lifting a few strands of my hair near the back of my head. It happened in many different rooms and can't remember it occurring at any other time. I remember thinking this must be a good thing, as if the Lord was stroking my head. Now that I think it might have been some demon... :sorry:

Upvote 0

The Fire Rises

Via, Veritas, Vita
Jul 19, 2012
United States
✟9,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of my first endeavours as a baby Christian was to study the gnostic gospels. Before I gained a good basis in textual criticism I believed in many of these teachings I was studying, especially the "gospel of Thomas."

While I would ponder over the pages, I used to experience a feeling like someone was very softly lifting a few strands of my hair near the back of my head. It happened in many different rooms and can't remember it occurring at any other time. I remember thinking this must be a good thing, as if the Lord was stroking my head. Now that I think it might have been some demon... :sorry:

That must have been a very gentle demon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whenever I workout, I put my earbuds in and start working out in my room every other night. But like halfway through, I feel like something is watching me from behind and then I get goosebumps and tingling going up my spine and neck. Is this a demonic force? because I'm very close to GOD and study the word often. And I get creeped out when this happens. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Things like that creep me out. If I cannot overcome, I simply plead with the Lord to make it go away. And until He does, I stay away from place or situation that promotes its occurence in my life.

In my experience, the battle starts in the mind. A simple idea put in the head, or watching horror movies, or people talking about things like that, or even just being reminded of past experience like it.

I try to avoid thinking about it, although I am now commenting about it on your post. Then I will try to move on in my mind.

Psalm 34:7-8 (KJV)
The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think we attribute a lot of imaginary or naturally-explained phenomena to spiritual causes. Just because you get the creeps or feel a waft of air doesn't mean a demon is slavering over you with dripping fangs.

Upvote 0

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think we attribute a lot of imaginary or naturally-explained phenomena to spiritual causes. Just because you get the creeps or feel a waft of air doesn't mean a demon is slavering over you with dripping fangs.

I agree. The imagination can run very wild. Then it goes downhill from there unless stopped. As they say, it is all in the head.

But I would say some people may have actual physical manifestations of the supernatural. I had a very few in my youth. I was not imagining because my other siblings were there too witnessing the same thing.

Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Have you considered neurological causes? Migraine with aura in the locker room: three case reports

Hyperventilation/increased pulse/increased rate of breaths can lead to different sensations and feelings. e.g. I used to feel slightly out-of-body experiences during heavy exercises (first stage of seizures *for me*.)

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Man, your post reminded me of what happened to me today.

Now I ritually go grocery shop on Fridays (today) but usually earlier then I did today, and mostly because I have this insane fear of bees. I suppose everyone has a fear of some creepy crawler. Well, anyway, they are waking up right now and this time of year I might put off grocery shopping till a little later (in the intrum).

So okay, I go to the grocery store and loaded the grocerys into the truck. I return the cart get myself in and buckle up. Then all the sudden I got this creepy feeling "something" was watching me from behind. So I looked up into my rearview mirror and "there it was"! The HUGEST bee in my truck with me!

I got the chills, and the screams too (all at the same time) ^_^

Thank God for the nice guy who chased the thing out of my truck lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Happy to help

Feb 19, 2013
United States-New Jersey
✟7,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you can open demonic doors just by thoughts. its important to exercise your mind to know and believe that god loves you.The more you are into god the more satan and his "friends" will try to bother you and make you think you are not saved or you are not safe. In reality you are as safe as you can be because god has you in his arms and nobody can strip you from god. Tribulations and testing does occur i believe in order to strengthen faith. Remember god doesn't just put you through things just because he wants to. Theres a good reason for everything. Sometimes you don't understand until weeks months even years later. Just remember god loves you and is always with you. Do not give demons any rights over you but give angels the right to protect you by believing that you are already protected. Glory to god.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Seems to me like a disembodied spirit of a lustful man checking you out. I've learned to trust my instincts on things like this over the years, and I'm usually right. Next time you feel something like that, confront it directly and show no fear. Command it to leave under no uncertain terms in Jesus' name. Tell him to "git the hell outta dodge!", if you know what I mean. Call for angelic assistance if you feel the need. The more forceful you are, the more success you'll have. That's been my experience.

When I come across these things, I confront them head-long and even invade their space. If it's in my home, then it's my space! They run and avoid me, usually leaving pretty quick. In fact, I just did that the other night. The dead are never stronger than the living. Especially those living in Christ.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing I have noticed with this is, our minds are very powerful things and they are good at presenting us with things we expect.

If someone was totally convinced a supernatural event would happen to them say like passing out at faith healing service or a demonic presence would appear at certain time of the night at the foot of the bed then it probably will happen. our minds are good at fabricating what we expect to see.

Dont worry about demons, jesus has that sorted and god is in control of everything so the bible says. Enjoy your workouts and dont worry anymore.

If sensations continue during rigorous exercise it might be worthwhile asking a doctor about it as you may be pinching a nerve or something.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
A lot you don't know. Explain to me please why this thing, a cat I think, is trying to rub its drool drenched fang against my leg? And it meows and purrs to cover its true intention. It wants to posess my bed, my heart, my lap. It want to drool me to death. Sorry, this is not just my impressionable addled mind, it's Deville Cat and he wants my heart, and a fresh bowl of designer h20.

Upvote 0