• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feeling a bit Anxious today and need advice.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

one 4 Christ

True happiness is serving The Lord!
Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if it is the switch in the time that I take my medication or if it is that "fake" looking girl, but when she came I started to sweat a little and when she was in the room I bumped in to things. Is it just me or what. I just know that I can not stand this anxiousness again. I am not NEARLY as anxious as I once was. The only thing that I can think of is that when this "Fake" looking girl went back to her old ways I guess that it has triggered me to get upset. Does anyone have any lodgic on this matter. If you want to read more about this girl please check out this link (it is the last 2 entries):
http://www.christianforums.com/t1454121-a-sensitive-christian-jotting-down-her-thoughts-and-feelings.html

:) Thank you for your time and God Bless!!

twosteppin

They didn't have you where I come from
Dec 24, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio
✟18,232.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
its seems like you are not too fond of this woman.
Here is what I think, starting praying for this girl and your boss, and try to "get over it" What I mean is, having all this disgust for another person will not do any good. its probably why you get anxious when she is around you.
am I wrong here?
You mentioned your medication? do you suffer from an anxiety disorder?
keeping you in my prayers :)

Reactions: SeekAnd
Upvote 0

one 4 Christ

True happiness is serving The Lord!
Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
twosteppin said:
its seems like you are not too fond of this woman.
Here is what I think, starting praying for this girl and your boss, and try to "get over it" What I mean is, having all this disgust for another person will not do any good. its probably why you get anxious when she is around you.
am I wrong here?
You mentioned your medication? do you suffer from an anxiety disorder?
keeping you in my prayers :)

Yeah, the medication is for anxiety and a bit of diepression (especially durning PMS:sigh: ). Listen, I have worried (according to my mother) ever since I was a child. Heck, I even started to get gray hair at the age of 18:eek:
God Bless you for your prayers and Peace!:)

Upvote 0

SeekAnd

HIS STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN MY WEAKNESS!
Apr 14, 2005
The State of Confusion
✟5,075.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
twosteppin said:
its seems like you are not too fond of this woman.Here is what I think, starting praying for this girl and your boss, and try to "get over it" What I mean is, having all this disgust for another person will not do any good. its probably why you get anxious when she is around you

twosteppin is on the right track. If you start to be genuinely concerned for someone who bothers you and look for the problems they have in their life they can't get to you any more. Pray for this girl. try to understand why seh might feel she can only be accepted by doing things you dont agree with. Nobody's life is free from hardship. Maybe her problems arent as bad as yours but she does have them. I bet she doesnt intentionally want you to feel uncomfortable. If she does she has problems that will always lead to her disadvantage.

Try this. Every time you get mad at her pray for her. Every time she does something you dont like pray for her. Pick a time every day just to pray for her. Ask God to soften your heart toward her.

Remember Jesus died for her too. God loves her too.

If you look at her as somebody who needs prayer she wont bother you anymore.

They say its impossible to hold two opposing thoughts at the same.

Substitute your dislike with fear.

I challenge you to be her friend without letting her know.

It will be hard work but you can do it with God's help.

Just try to remember that she has no power over you that you dont give her.

Matt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.