Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought to share this little study a friend and I put together on works. We worked with handicapped, together, for many years and would pick them up and bring them to a Church we started for them. It still is going with about two hundred members with several handicapped buses and vans with lifts. We were interested in seeing what God says about the poor and handicapped and set out to obey Him. There is some verses from the Living Bible mixed in with KJV, but no changing of meaning that I'm aware of.

FEED THE POOR - KNOWING GOD​

JOHN 17:3 And this is the way to have eternal life--by KNOWING you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth!

Jeremiah 22:16 He defended the cause of the POOR & NEEDY, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to KNOW me! declares the Lord.

I JOHN 4:7-3 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and KNOWS God. Whoever does not love does not KNOW God, because God is love.

I JOHN 3:16-19 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can. the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with ACTIONS and TRUTH. This then is how we KNOW that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us.

Ezekiel 16:49 NOW THIS WAS THE SIN OF YOUR SISTER SODOM: SHE AND HER DAUGHTERS WERE ARROGANT, OVERFED AND UNCONCERNED: THEY DID NOT HELP THE POOR AND THE NEEDY. THEY WERE HAUGHTY AND DID DETESTABLE THINGS BEFORE ME. THEREFORE I DID AWAY WITH THEM, AS YOU HAVE SEEN.

JAMES 2:1-4-19 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "go I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is DEAD. But someone will say. "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I Do. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - and shudder.

LUKE 6:31 If you love those who love you, what thanks can you expect? For even sinners do that Much. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what thanks can you expect? Even sinners lend to sinners to get back the same amount. INSTEAD ... love your enemies & do good, & lend without any hope of return.

LUKE 14:12-14 Then Jesus said to his host, "When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do. they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the POOR, the CRIPPLED. the LAME the BLIND, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."

Isaiah 58 (selected) Declare to my people their rebellion and to the house of Jacob their sins. For day after day they seek me out; the SEEM eager to Know my ways, AS IF they were a nation that does what is right and has not FORSAKEN THE COMMANDS OF ITS GOD. You cannot fast as you do today and expect your voice to be heard on high. Is not THIS the kind of fasting I have chosen: TO LOOSE THE CHAINS OF INJUSTICE AND UNTIE THE CORDS OF THE YOKE, TO SET THE OPPRESSED FREE AND BREAK EVERY YOKE, IS IT NOT TO SHARE YOUR FOOD WITH THE HUNGRY AND TO PROVIDE THE POOR WANDERER WITH SHELTER WHEN YOU SEE THE NAKED, TO CLOTHE HIM, AND NOT TO TURN AWAY FROM YOUR OWN FLESH... If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the HUNGRY and satisfy the NEEDS OF THE OPPRESSED, then you will find your light will rise in the darkness ............

Proverbs 31:8-9 Speak up for those who cannot speak up for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitue. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

1 Peter 2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

OBEY GODS COMMANDS AND BE DOERS OF HIS WORD​

Ezekial 33: 30-32 As For you, son of man, your people who talk of you by the walls and in the doors of the houses, say one to another, every one to his brother, "come, and hear what the word is that comes forth from the Lord. And they come to you as people come, and they sit before you as MY PEOPLE, and they hear the words you say, but they WILL NOT DO THEM. For with their mouth they show much love, but their heart goes after and is set on their (idolatrous greed for) gain. Lo you are to them as a very lovely (love) song of one who has a pleasant votce and can play well on an instrument, for they hear your words, BUT DO NOT DO THEM.

LUKE 6:46 Why do you call me "Lord, Lord" and not do what I say?

MATT. 7:21 It is NOT those who say to me "Lord, Lord" who will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the person who DOES the will of my Father in heaven.

MATT. 25:31-45 When the Son of Man comes in his glory....He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.....Then he will say to those on his left,'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil & his angels. FOR I WAS HUNGRY & YOU GAVE ME NOTHING TO EAT, I WAS THIRSTY & YOU GAVE ME NOTHING TO DRINK, I WAS A STRANGER & YOU DID NOT INVITE ME IN, I NEEDED CLOTHES AND YOU DID NOT CLOTHE ME, I WAS SICK AND IN PRISON, AND YOU DID-- NOT LOOK AFTER ME.". "Whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

I JOHN 2:3-6 We know that we have come to KNOW him if we OBEY his commands. The man who SAYS "I know God", but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: WHOEVER CLAIMS TO LIVE IN HIM MUST WALK AS JESUS DID.

I JOHN 3:24 Those who OBEY his commands live in him, and he in them.

I JOHN 5:3 For this is the love of God, to OBEY his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.

ACTS 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit whom God gives to those who OBEY him.

HEBREWS 5:9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who OBEY Him the source of salvation.

I PETER 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

II THESSALONIANS 1:8 He will punish those who do not KNOW God and Do not OBEY the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power .......

JOHN 14:23 Jesus replied, " If anyone loves me, he will OBEY my teaching.
21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.

WHAT ARE THE COMMANDS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO OBEY?​

#1​
I JOHN 3:23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to LOVE one another as he commanded us.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN "TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER"?​

I JOHN 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children let us not love in words or tongue but with ACTIONS and truth.

#2​

I JOHN 2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all these worldly things, these evil desires-the craze for sex, the ambition to buy everything that appeals to you, and the pride that comes from wealth and importance- these are not from God. They are from the evil world itself.

JAMES 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and TO KEEP ONESELF FROM BEING POLLUTED BY THE WORLD.

MARK 4:18 Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word' but the worries of this life the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word.

JOHN 12:25 The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal 'life.

JAMES 4:4 You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? An yone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

#3​

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

ACTS 26:19 I preached first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and through Judea, and also to the Gentiles that all must forsake their sins and turn to God and prove their repentence by doing good deeds

II TlMOTHY 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, SO THAT the man of Good may be thoroughly equipped for every GOOD WORK.

EPHESIANS 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to DO GOOD WORKS, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

TITUS 2:14 Christ Jesus; who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, ZEALOUS FOR GOOD DEEDS.

TITUS 3:8 I want you to speak confidently concerning these things, so that those who have believe. God may be careful to engage in GOOD DEEDS.

HEBREWS 10:24 And let us consider one another how to stimulate and provoke one another to love an, GOOD DEEDS and noble activities. 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

HEBREWS 13:16 Don't forget or neglect to do kindness and good, to be generous and distribute to the needy, for such sacrifices are well pleasing to God.

#4​

LUKE 14:21 Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the CRIPPLED, the BLIND and the LAME.

LUKE 14:12-14 When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the POOR, THE CRIPPLED, THE LAME, THE BLIND, AND YOU WILL BE BLESSED.

Micah 4:6-7 In that day, " declares the Lord, "I will assemble the LAME, AND GATHER THE OUTCASTS, EVEN THOSE WHOM I HAVE AFFLICTED, I will make the LAME A remnant and the Outcast a strong nation, and the Lord will reign over them in Mount Zion from now on and forever.

Jeremiah 31:8 Behold, I am bringing them from the north country, And I will gather them from the remote parts of the earth, Among them the BLIND AND THE LAME .......

LUKE 4:18-19 "the Spirit of the Lord. is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the POOR. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the BLIND-to release the oppressed .....

#5​

MATTHEW 28:1.9-20 Therefore go and make DISCIPLES of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit, and TEACHING THEM TO OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED YOU.

LUKE 14:33 In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my DISCIPLE

LUKE 14:26-27 If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother. his wife and children, his brothers and sisters-YES even his own life- he cannot be my DISCIPLE. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my DISCIPLE.

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord, ' will enter the kingdom of heaven but ONLY he who DOES the will of my Father who is in heaven.

REVELATIONS 2:23 All the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

REVELATIONS 20:12...And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. and the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; and they were judged every man according to their works.

Jun 25, 2003
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
✟9,288.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I will gladly volunteer to feed as many poor and even train them to use computers and even labor and driving and any other skills I have to share if someone has a position for me to do this. But there is one catch, I need to be provided a place to stay. I am tired of job hunting. Doesn't mean I quit looking, just that it is so difficult for me to find work that doesn't say "No Felonies" , "Must pass Background check", "Transportation Required", etc.
Also trying to find a place with NO JOB doesn't work at all. Who in their right mind, that is if they don't have a heart is going to let someone move in with NO JOB. Let alone, who that has a Heart of GOLD(In YHWH) would let someone move in that is in hard times? This world is getting so uncaring, yes even those who say they care. Very sad when one can't find Help when needed when they don't have hardly any friends. The Assembly I have been going to says to call them if I can't find a place by the 28th of this month, but I don't see what they can do. Maybe they know someone I haven't met yet. But you know, I am a doubter and I hate that in me so much.

I suppose you can see I am depressed as I write this. I apologize for going off topic.

Shalom,
Tag

Upvote 0