Feds discover highly sophisticated cross-border tunnel outside Yuma

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe it to be any more stupid than any other wall that protects something.

Then you haven't been paying attention -- not even to the links I posted.

Well, I'm one of those fools that believe in reinforced concrete bank vaults for the safe to be placed in as well. Not to mention armored cars. There is always going to be measure and countermeasure.

What? No white picket fence around the money? Why not?

There is always going to be a new vest that stops the bullet, and a new bullet that defeats the vest. Unto perpetuity....

Problem is you're sinking your money into an obsolete solution... the bad guys are already using the new bullet, while you're giving your last dime to Donald to buy the old vests.

...but that's okay; it's your duty as a loyal and obedient American to buy whatever Donald is selling.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It was border patrol policing, of the surrounding area of the wall that found the tunnel. It takes much more effort to dig under a physical barrier than to walk across an invisible line unimpeded. More likely to get caught. In this case, the tunnel was never even completed.

According to the article, they found it because it started collapsing and they noticed the hole.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Then you haven't been paying attention -- not even to the links I posted.

Not the first time you posted the exact same ones to me as a response. Don't feel like arguing a moot point yet again.

Problem is you're sinking your money into an obsolete solution.

This is fed money, not my money. Don't you pay taxes? Why do you think I am the only person putting money into this? It would be more apt to state I voted for other people to sink their money in the wall I wanted bult.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
According to the article, they found it because it started collapsing and they noticed the hole.

That is true. You are correct.

No wall, no need to even tunnel under anything now is there? The extra steps required to defeat this static barrier resulted in getting found out.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We need more wall it is working.
I doubt the wall is doing anything right now. People just don't want to come to America. Very few like Trump. And now COVID-19 is spreading out of control in the United States . It's best to stay put.

Last edited:
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not the first time you posted the exact same ones to me as a response. Don't feel like arguing a moot point yet again.

You didn't argue it before; perhaps you'd like to start?

This is fed money, not my money. Don't you pay taxes? Why do you think I am the only person putting money into this?

Why do you think a wall is effective?

It would be more apt to state I voted for other people to sink their money in the wall I wanted bult.

Sink your money, you mean -- you're not always going to have a crowd to hide behind.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I doubt the wall is doing anything right now. People just don't want to come to America. Very few like Trump. And now COVID-19 is spreading out of control in the United States . It's best to stay put.
Well that is a good thing because I understand that there is a substantial infection problem south of the border, while I feel for those people, we certainly do not need more Covid here.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The tunnel was built for a reason, the wall is working.

Depends on which way time is running... the cartels have been tunneling under the border since long before Donald pitched his magic wall.

Source: Wikipedia
As of September 30, 2015, 183 illicit cross-border tunnels have been discovered in the United States since Fiscal Year 1990.[7]

Don't worry if you didn't know that -- you weren't supposed to.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
New border wall blocks 90% of illegal crossings, up from just 10%

“There is return after return,” said Scott.

The wall is especially good at stopping trucks and cars, he said, because it takes too much time and effort to saw through several wall bollards needed to make an opening that is big enough to drive through.

“The border wall system all but stopped that completely,” he said.

As a result, drug cartels have changed tactics, building expensive tunnels and trying to sneak drugs in on vehicles passing through border entry points. But that isn’t effective, he said.

“It shut down that entire threat. Anywhere we built the border wall system, the first thing it does is shut off those drive-throughs. The second thing is, it shuts off massive amounts of people coming through at the same time. So, it’s forced the drug cartels, especially El Chapo’s group, Sinaloa, to shift tactics,” he said.

upload_2020-8-10_13-31-48.png

Border apprehensions to reach 13-year high in 2019: Report

upload_2020-8-10_13-42-5.png

Upvote 0