Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Agents say the tunnel is 3 feet wide and 4 feet high and is highly sophisticated. It's equipped with a fully-developed ventilation system, water lines, electrical wiring, a rail system and extensive reinforcement."

Feds discover highly sophisticated cross-border tunnel outside Yuma

tunel.jpg

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
and they will just dig more tunnels ....

Most walls penetrate into the ground for support. Why do you want us to be overrun with foreign criminals, murders, and rapists? Didn’t you guys leave the EU to protect the UK from being overrun by foreigners? The last time I was there in the UK I had to know Polish if I wanted my car washed and had to know Romanian to shop at the Tesco.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most walls penetrate into the ground for support. Why do you want us to be overrun with foreign criminals, murders, and rapists? Didn’t you guys leave the EU to protect the UK from being overrun by foreigners? The last time I was there in the UK I had to know Polish if I wanted my car washed and had to know Romanian to shop at the Tesco.

they can drill through them or tunnel under them easily ....

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The wall stopped the tunnel how?

It was border patrol policing, of the surrounding area of the wall that found the tunnel. It takes much more effort to dig under a physical barrier than to walk across an invisible line unimpeded. More likely to get caught. In this case, the tunnel was never even completed.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It was border patrol policing, of the surrounding area of the wall that found the tunnel. It takes much more effort to dig under a physical barrier than to walk across an invisible line unimpeded. More likely to get caught. In this case, the tunnel was never even completed.

True, but the cartels have been using tunnels under the border since long before the wall was an idea... same with airdrops and even submarines.

The border patrol finds a tunnel, good for them. But wall or no wall, the border patrol is going to patrol the border.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The border patrol finds a tunnel, good for them. But wall or no wall, the border patrol is going to patrol the border.

And the wall is a tool that is going to help mitigate. The wall catches what it catches. I will agree more needs to be done about tunneling.

It is nothing more than measure, and counter measure my friend. There will always be a struggle, as long as there are conflicting interests. And both sides will endeavor to defeat the other. That is the nature of things.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And the wall is a tool that is going to help mitigate. The wall catches what it catches.

The wall catches nothing. It's a wall, and not even a particularly good one.

Smugglers are reportedly cutting holes in Trump’s newly constructed border wall with saws and power tools

Trump’s US-Mexico border wall falls down in high winds

but I'm sure for an extra $50-$100 billion, Donald can figure something out...

I will agree more needs to be done about tunneling.

Too bad Donald disagrees... he's still dead set on building a wall to hide behind.

It is nothing more than measure, and counter measure my friend. There will always be a struggle, as long as there are conflicting interests. And both sides will endeavor to defeat the other. That is the nature of things.

Except, my friend, you're proposing doing it all backwards. You're willing to give every last cent of your money to build a measure when the bad guys have been using the countermeasure for decades.

But I suppose it's a fair price to avoid admitting that Donald's idea was always a stupid one.

• Winner
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But I suppose it's a fair price to avoid admitting that Donald's idea was always a stupid one.

I don't believe it to be any more stupid than any other wall that protects something.

Except, my friend, you're proposing doing it all backwards. You're willing to give every last cent of your money to build a measure when the bad guys have been using the countermeasure for decades.

Well, I'm one of those fools that believe in reinforced concrete bank vaults for the safe to be placed in as well. Not to mention armored cars. There is always going to be measure and countermeasure.

There is always going to be a new vest that stops the bullet, and a new bullet that defeats the vest. Unto perpetuity....

Last edited:
Upvote 0