Federal Reserve Chair says raise taxes and cut retirement

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
The United States is taking on too much debt right now, a problem that is will only worsen moving forward, former Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said Tuesday.

"If I had a magic wand, I would raise taxes and cut retirement spending," Yellen told CNBC's Steve Liesman at the Charles Schwab Impact conference in Washington, D.C., who characterized the U.S. debt path as "unsustainable."

Yellen says rising deficit is unsustainable: 'If I had a magic wand, I would raise taxes'

Meanwhile I did a search on her net worth and she is worth 13.2 million.

I am glad that President Trump has given her the boot. Typical Democrat liberal hypocrite .

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The economy has already done a massive turnaround under Trump's leadership. I'm no fan of debt at all, but what most of these analyses fail to factor in, afaics, is what effect his restructuring of our trade agreements will have going forward. And stopping the perennial bleeding of trade imbalance, while bringing jobs back to the US, will have a massive effect indeed. I'm also not sure if Yellen is taking into account the stimulative effect of the tax cuts. And Trump has promised more middle class tax cuts are on the way.

• Agree
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yellen says rising deficit is unsustainable: 'If I had a magic wand, I would raise taxes'

Meanwhile I did a search on her net worth and she is worth 13.2 million.

I am glad that President Trump has given her the boot. Typical Democrat liberal hypocrite .
How would raising taxes help her? And cutting retirement spending has never been a part of the Dem's platform, that's a Republican thing.

Big debt has always been the Dems, now the Reps think it is OK? I'm a fiscal conservative, debt is not OK.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
By keeping interest rates extremely low for so long, Yellen herself, contributed to the debt by enabling Congress to spend more and more. With that said, even Trump is expanding the growth of government. No one seems to want to cut spending. Debts will likely continue until the whole financial system collapses. Japan, I believe should be first among the major economies as they have the greatest dept per GDP ratio.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
How would raising taxes help her? And cutting retirement spending has never been a part of the Dem's platform, that's a Republican thing.

Big debt has always been the Dems, now the Reps think it is OK? I'm a fiscal conservative, debt is not OK.

I didn't say I agree with her but in her mind raising taxes brings in more revenue for the feds and cutting the poor senior citizens will save .

• Friendly
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0