Federal Judge Timothy Batten Issues Order to Freeze All Dominion Machines in Georgia!

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Kraken" files: Federal Judge Timothy Batten Issues Order to Freeze All Dominion Machines in Georgia!

Via Attorney Linn Wood: “Defendants are ordered to maintain the statue quo & are temporarily enjoined from wiping or resetting any voting machines in the State of Georgia until further order of the Court.”

This order seems to be the first fruit of Sidney Powell's lawsuit in federal court.

It's not in federal court, and neither is Batten.

ETA: Looks like I was completely wrong on both counts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Kraken" files: Federal Judge Timothy Batten Issues Order to Freeze All Dominion Machines in Georgia!

Via Attorney Linn Wood: “Defendants are ordered to maintain the statue quo & are temporarily enjoined from wiping or resetting any voting machines in the State of Georgia until further order of the Court.”

This order seems to be the first fruit of Sidney Powell's lawsuit in federal court.

From the Wins measured in milliseconds files

Looks like it's already been reversed.

Lin Wood Reports GA Judge Batten Just Issued Emergency Order "Freezing" All Dominion Voting System Machines - WayneDupree.com

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

And here's the reversal

Dropbox - SECOND ORDER - PEARSON v. KEMP 11.29.2020.pdf - Simplify your life

Humorously, which is a word I think I'll be using alot in the Powell cases, because Powell didn't name any election officials in the complaint the judge is unable to enact the freeze because "plantiffs have not demonstrated that the county election officials are within their [the defendant's] control"

Anyhoo, defendants reply by Wednesday, plaintiffs respond to that on Thursday, hearing starts Friday.

Reactions: sesquiterpene
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So not only was the order merely a normal procedural order to tell the state not to keep the machines as is until the court could look at the case in it's entirety (defendants have until later this week to respond and then there's a couple other things that need to be done until the court can do so). The order has been rescinded because it was pointed out that that state do not control the machines. The counties do, and the counties are not named in the lawsuit, so the court can't order them to do anything with the machines. Basically, they sued the wrong people.

Edit:
Darn it! Tanj beat me this time!

• Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Optimistic
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
So not only was the order merely a normal procedural order to tell the state not to keep the machines as is until the court could look at the case in it's entirety (defendants have until later this week to respond and then there's a couple other things that need to be done until the court can do so). The order has been rescinded because it was pointed out that that state do not control the machines. The counties do, and the counties are not named in the lawsuit, so the court can't order them to do anything with the machines. Basically, they sued the wrong people.

So... Par for the course given the quality of the suit to date?

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I think technically they sued even the wronger people, from what I have read (on twitter somewhere) there's some technicality around suing Kemp as an individual and Kemp as governor, and they got the wrong one.

So it's wronger.
Edit:
Darn it! Tanj beat me this time!

Thus the natural order is restored.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And here's the reversal

Dropbox - SECOND ORDER - PEARSON v. KEMP 11.29.2020.pdf - Simplify your life

Humorously, which is a word I think I'll be using alot in the Powell cases, because Powell didn't name any election officials in the complaint the judge is unable to enact the freeze because "plantiffs have not demonstrated that the county election officials are within their [the defendant's] control"

Anyhoo, defendants reply by Wednesday, plaintiffs respond to that on Thursday, hearing starts Friday.
From your link:
Plaintiffs’ request fails because the voting equipment that they seek to impound is in the possession of county election officials. Any injunction the Court issues would extend only to Defendants and those within their control, and Plaintiffs have not demonstrated that county election officials are within Defendants’ control. Defendants cannot serve as a proxy for local election officials against whom the relief should be sought.
With respect to these issues, the Court sets the following schedule: Defendants’ response to Plaintiffs’ motionwill be due on Wednesday, December 2,by 3:00 p.m., EST. Any reply brief will be due Thursday, December 3,by 3:00 p.m., EST. The Court will hold an in-person hearing on Plaintiffs’ motion on Friday, December 4, at 10:00 a.m., EST
...​

Curiously, the county officials have decided to reset the machines to zero on Monday, Nov. 30. How convenient.

Hearing to be held on Friday, Dec 4.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Though it was apparently a federal court case and judge. NH just injected the word Federal correctly. I guess it was bound to happen...

Weird then, I thought Powell filed in state court. For this misunderstanding I blame twitter...no the internet...basically anyone except me.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Curiously, the county officials have decided to reset the machines to zero on Monday, Nov. 30. How convenient.

I think they have another election to prepare for.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Weird then, I thought Powell filed in state court. For this misunderstanding I blame twitter...no the internet...basically anyone except me.
It is federal court.

BTW, here is Lin Woods response: Lin Wood @LLinWood

What??? Judge reversed order based on Defendants’ claim that GA Counties control voting machines.
Machines are owned by State & @GaSecofState administers state laws on elections.
Why are GA officials determined to wipe these machines clean be resetting them?
Guess any excuse is now good enough for the justice system. :doh:

• Informative
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is federal court.

What??? Judge reversed order based on Defendants’ claim that GA Counties control voting machines.
Machines are owned by State & @GaSecofState administers state laws on elections.

The state laws say that the counties are in charge, and the GeSecOfState does indeed administer those laws, the ones which say the counties are in charge.

Guess following the law is not good enough for Lin Wood. :doh:

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The state laws say that the counties are in charge, and the GeSecOfState does indeed administer those laws, the ones which say the counties are in charge.

Guess following the law is not good enough for Lin Wood. :doh:
It would seem that a simple order from the Secretary of State to the counties to preserve the state of the Dominion voting machines would be sufficient.

Not surprising really. Apparently, the Secretary of State didn't have any ability to implement a fair election either. You know, an election which had observers to ensure its integrity.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bill-russell-bored-at-game-7.gif

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It would seem that a simple order from the Secretary of State to the counties to preserve the state of the Dominion voting machines would be sufficient.

TO break the law, well yes, yes it would.

Not surprising really. Apparently, the Secretary of State didn't have any ability to implement a fair election either. You know, an election which had observers to ensure its integrity.

I'll take "Things that never happened for 100" Alex

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It is federal court.

Let me guess, the machines were scheduled to be wiped on a fixed date in advance, Powell then sues the wrong people deliberately so that afterwards they can do the ‘ITS A CONSPIRACY!!’ dance and make the rubes think the election was stolen?

Wow, she actually is smarter than I gave her credit for.

Or alternately she just sued the wrong people because she’s really not very good at being a lawyer.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0