Visit site
✟60,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If it's the same stuff that they ship up here, you should be happy; it is very consistent for cheap ammo! I just bought another 975 rounds myself; ran about 300 through my Scorpio last Saturday sighting in and practicing. Shot one of the best groups of my life free hand with it and shot really well with my Norinco too.

One of these days I am going to buy one of those fancy sampler packs of really good target grade stuff to see just how much better it is, but I am waiting for our outdoor range to try at 50 or 100 yards.

I bought it from sgammo.com

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟824,061.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I havent shot any of it yet but I would use it in both a Marlin 60 & Ruger 10/22
Nice rifles! I really like the Marlins myself, but the new stocks don't fit me all that well. I also run this ammo through an 80 year old Winchester Pump and a High Standard Sport Kin Pistol; my wife through her Mossburg and Nylon 66 semi autos.

I used to think I wanted a 10/22; but so many have them that I can shoot one of those any time I want.

I get mine at Canadian Tire.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

I have been a fan of Federal Champion 525 bulk ammo in the blue box until this last batch. Up here in Canada, we had about three months where we could not find it anywhere; now it's back but... Terrably inconsistent power and accuracy wise. Old stuff with two rifles I could shoot 1/2 groups with it, now vertical strings about 2" high and 3/4 wide are the norm for both of those rifles. Also, undersized casings, that allow gasses and GSR to pass through the bolt of my Norinco CZ clone (about 1 shot in 20 or 30) and about 1 in 15 sounding weak.

The Federal Champion "Auto Match" (22AM) still is OK; shooting 10 shot, 3/8" holes in both of these rifles; and are much more consistent.

I'm finding that the blue box 525 are about on par with Remington Thunderbolt/Golden bullets/and the pail. Not great; and they are no cheaper to buy now than they were before the shortage either.
There were a lot of production lines and efforts thrown down to meet demand the last gun scare. Those poorly made, low quality bullets are in the lots now and there isn't a lot you can do about it except to shoot them up and store the better quality bullets you find. Even my CCI's are having bad quality problems and I used to get 99 of a 100 to shoot and the last one went bang when I rotated the rim and hit it again.

Upvote 0