✟827,925.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I have been a fan of Federal Champion 525 bulk ammo in the blue box until this last batch. Up here in Canada, we had about three months where we could not find it anywhere; now it's back but... Terrably inconsistent power and accuracy wise. Old stuff with two rifles I could shoot 1/2 groups with it, now vertical strings about 2" high and 3/4 wide are the norm for both of those rifles. Also, undersized casings, that allow gasses and GSR to pass through the bolt of my Norinco CZ clone (about 1 shot in 20 or 30) and about 1 in 15 sounding weak.

The Federal Champion "Auto Match" (22AM) still is OK; shooting 10 shot, 3/8" holes in both of these rifles; and are much more consistent.

I'm finding that the blue box 525 are about on par with Remington Thunderbolt/Golden bullets/and the pail. Not great; and they are no cheaper to buy now than they were before the shortage either.

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Other than Mini mags, I haven't purchased .22lr in a long time. I have a lifetime supply of it, and it hasn't caused me any issues. I have noticed it is everywhere now, stores are loaded with it. I was at Cabelas a couple of days ago and they had what seemed like hundreds of boxes of all varieties available.

• Agree
Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
True. But not too many boxes of chocolate have half the box being coconut maple quince cream surprise.
Yup, that coconut maple quince cream surprise tends to make a mess out of the barrel. Awful hard to get scrubbed out...

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Don’t load another round and try to shoot it out. I actually did that when I was 15. The actual power of a little .22 is more than people think.
Got my first squib in a 9mm.....missed putting powder in 1 casing.

Fortunately, it was the last round in the magazine, so there wasn't a "next" round.

I learned a lesson that day. Double check your powder drops. Glad I didn't learn it the hard way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
1rjpw3.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.