""

Jul 8, 2005
✟27,472.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Lord Rebukes the UNFAITHUL Priests

(Mal 2:1-4) God threatens to severely rebuke a wicked priesthood.

“And now, O priests, this commandment is for you. If you will not hear, and if you will not take it to heart, to give glory to My name,” says the Lord of hosts, “I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have cursed them already, because you do not take it to heart. Behold, I will rebuke your descendants and spread refuse on your faces, the refuse of your solemn feasts; and one will take you away with it. Then you shall know that I have sent this commandment to you, that My covenant with Levi may continue,” says the Lord of hosts.

a. If you will not hear: If the priests will not hear and repent God promises to curse their blessings. This is either a reference to the “blessings” brought to the priests by the people, or the priestly blessings they gave to the people.

b. Because you do not take it to heart: Their sin all goes back to a hollow formalism. It is a religion of surface emotions and outward signs, but not of the heart.

c. Spread refuse on your faces: Sacrificed animals still had excrement in their systems, and God said this should be burned outside the sanctuary (Exodus 29:14). Here, God says He will “rub their noses in it,” so that they will have to be taken outside the sanctuary.

d. That My covenant with Levi may continue: This shows the motive for God’s discipline against these ungodly priests. The Lord hoped that this would warn the priests back to a proper respect of His covenant.

This passage is about unfaithful Jewish priests. So unless you're a Jewish priest, you need not worry about dung being spread on your face. If you don't know Jesus, you should worry about where your soul will spend eternity.

Thank you.
Come again. :wave:

A deeper explanation of this entire chapter can be found here.

Upvote 0

""

Jul 8, 2005
✟27,472.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
AtheistPerson said:
Give me some methods of "repent".. I never had to repent at any of the churches I went to as a christian...

The Bible says, "...the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death." (2 Corinthians 7:10).​

We should feel sorrow because of sin, but God's will is a repentance that is "without regret."

So we should feel sorry for what we did, and tell God that we're sorry for our sins, but then turn away from them without sorrow, and with the knowledge that we have been forgiven. No regrets after that. God has wiped those sins away. God doesn't want us to wallow in self-pity, feeling morose, and looking depressed aka "woah is me.. I am but a pitiful sinner." That's not what the bible says God wants. So don't believe it.

Tell God that you acknowledge that you are a sinner.

"Dear God, I know that I'm a sinner.......

Repent & Accept Jesus' sacrifice for your sins. Ask for God's help.

....please forgive me of my sins. I accept Jesus as my Savior, and I will try very hard not to fall into that same old habit again, but I definitely need your help....

Knowing that you can come back and ask for forgiveness when you do fall.

...I'm so thankful that I can come back to you when I slip up. In Jesus name, Amen."

Upvote 0

AtheistPerson

Oct 1, 2005
✟854.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Adiya said:
The Bible says, "...the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death." (2 Corinthians 7:10).​

We should feel sorrow because of sin, but God's will is a repentance that is "without regret."

repentance - Remorse or contrition for past conduct or sin.

Remorse - Moral anguish arising from repentance for past misdeeds; bitter regret.

So we should feel sorry for what we did, and tell God that we're sorry for our sins, but then turn away from them without sorrow, and with the knowledge that we have been forgiven. No regrets after that. God has wiped those sins away. God doesn't want us to wallow in self-pity, feeling morose, and looking depressed aka "woah is me.. I am but a pitiful sinner." That's not what the bible says God wants. So don't believe it.
Don't worry I wont.
Tell God that you acknowledge that you are a sinner.
Even though he is all knowing, he should have to hear it from us to know!

"Dear God, I know that I'm a sinner.......

Repent & Accept Jesus' sacrifice for your sins. Ask for God's help.

....please forgive me of my sins. I accept Jesus as my Savior, and I will try very hard not to fall into that same old habit again, but I definitely need your help....

Knowing that you can come back and ask for forgiveness when you do fall.

...I'm so thankful that I can come back to you when I slip up. In Jesus name, Amen."

Enough said...

Upvote 0