✟854.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The Bible said:
Ezekiel 4:12-13 12 And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight.

13 And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them.

Wow this and saying that homosexuals should be killed are some of the worst things i found. I hope some of you don't fully believe in the bible.

Other sources: II Kings 18:27,(II Kings 6:25),(II Kings 6:28-29).

mmccaskill

Jul 23, 2005
in front of you
✟15,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AtheistPerson said:
Wow this and saying that homosexuals should be killed are some of the worst things i found. I hope some of you don't fully believe in the bible.

Other sources: II Kings 18:27,(II Kings 6:25),(II Kings 6:28-29).
I'm sure someone will come around and say: "It doesn't really say eat feces. You're interpreting it wrong."

Upvote 0

AtheistPerson

Oct 1, 2005
✟854.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
mmccaskill said:
I'm sure someone will come around and say: "It doesn't really say eat feces. You're interpreting it wrong."

a guy on the website satan2000.com said interpretation is either you choose the one you want. For example: Homosexuality is ok or it is wrong depending on the scripture your getting it from. Since its written by different men thats why there are contradictions and no evidence of god.

Upvote 0

knightlight72

Soldier of Christ
Dec 11, 2003
Canada
✟1,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
mmccaskill said:
Actually, it doesn't refer to baking the dung into the bread. If you go back and check out the history of this time, you will find that dung is used for fuel in cooking, heating, etc. Anywhere they can use it up as a resource.

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~nmiller0/dung.html#heat
There's a quick reference to people who have tried, or studied this use of dung.

But it's important why the fuel used in this case was the dung of humans. It is to show how unclean they were. They were being judged.

I will step forward as one who believes God, and His word. I understand many here will try and knock me for my faith, and that's ok. My faith is based on what I know, and not what someone else may know.

Let me give you an example that many people may understand a bit easier. When a child learns that a parent is always there to help them, and take care of them, they feel confident in accepting that the parent will be there. Ever see a three year old leap into the arms of his father, even though the father wasn't even ready? The father reacts with desperate speed to get his arms up to catch his son who trusts his father to be able to catch him no matter what. The three year old has complete trust in this father. There is no other possibilities in his mind.

The boy has learned that he can trust his father no matter what. If another child came over and played, he wouldn't just leap suddenly, he would watch his friend jump into his father's arms, and be sure he will be caught before jumping. He takes some time to watch and build that trust. The friend has not had the experience yet. He will not just trust the other boy's father without seeing something.

So again, my faith is based on what I have lived and experienced. It's not based on what you have experienced. We all have our paths to walk, and your experiences are different than mine. I feel confident, without question that God is real, and has left His word for us.

Likely you will ask numerous questions or challenges, and eventually, I will not know an answer.

So back to the question, yes, some people make the wrong interpretation. Thinking the dung was inside the bread, does not match what actually happened in an every day situation back then.

Upvote 0

AtheistPerson

Oct 1, 2005
✟854.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
that explains why it says "defiled bread". When its cooked with dung is it defiled or when it is mixed?
Heres another verse i found.. this quote is straight off the finder on this website so don't get mad for the profanity.

TheBible [b said:
2 Kings 18:27 [/b]But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own **** with you?

Upvote 0

FadingWhispers3

Senior Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
✟19,344.00
Faith
Humanist
Politics
US-Others
Wow this and saying that homosexuals should be killed are some of the worst things i found.

I'll grant you the killing of homosexuals is evil, but I don't think you can really object to the feces.

Sure, food smoked with burning feces is pretty nasty, but then that is the point. The bible is not a record of all things good and nothing bad. On the contrary, lots of disturbing things are recorded (whether happened or not) in the bible.

Here's a bit more of the passage for your enjoyment and edification:

"'Eat the food as you would a barley cake; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel'...The Lord said, 'In this way the people of Isreael will eat defiled food among the nations where I will drive them... They will be appalled at the sight of each other and will waste away because of their sin.'" Ezekiel 4:12

The Lord tells Ezekiel to eat them. This is not a command for anyone else to eat them.

Give me the reason why I should eat feces with bread when feces has no nutritional value and can cause cholera.

You are in error. You assume that the passage tells you to eat it or should eat it. But this is a case of foreshadowing.

There is no indication that people found it any less disgusting back then. In fact, the whole point would be lost if it was not disgusting. Much like instances in war when cannibalism is described because the lack of food was so widespread is not an endorsement of cannibalism, neither is this an endorsement of eating food baked with burning feces.

:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

psychedelicist

aka the Akhashic Record Player
Aug 9, 2004
McKinney, Texas
✟18,251.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
hmm... dung used for fuel, you say? I'll get right on testing that theory, I'm running a bit low on charcoal for the barbecue anyways. They say that charcoal cooking tastes better than cooking with gas, I wonder how meat that has been cooked using crapfuel tastes?

Upvote 0

FadingWhispers3

Senior Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
✟19,344.00
Faith
Humanist
Politics
US-Others
Right, it becomes defiled because it is being cooked with human dung, not just any old dung which they would normally have used.

Ah... but Ezekiel objected to cooking with human dung and so the Lord relented and told him to use cow manure instead. (See verse 15 of chap 4)

Upvote 0

knightlight72

Soldier of Christ
Dec 11, 2003
Canada
✟1,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
FadingWhispers3 said:
Right, it becomes defiled because it is being cooked with human dung, not just any old dung which they would normally have used.

Ah... but Ezekiel objected to cooking with human dung and so the Lord relented and told him to use cow manure instead. (See verse 15 of chap 4)
You're right. It wasn't an actual action that happened, but what was spoken of that should happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AtheistPerson

Oct 1, 2005
✟854.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
i guess i'll post my edit here

II Kings 6:28-29

But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own **** with you?

Note: Read my References on the first page before posting anything.
(cannibals seem to be ok according to the bible in 2 Kings 6:28-29)

Upvote 0

FadingWhispers3

Senior Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
✟19,344.00
Faith
Humanist
Politics
US-Others
2 Kings 18:27 But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own **** with you?

The story behind this quote is another seige. This time from the Assyrians. Basically, the field commander came over and was trying to intimidate the Isrealites to give up without a fight. Part of this is appealing to the presumed result if they do not comply: a seige in which food will become depleted and people will be left with nothing to eat.

Upvote 0

psychedelicist

aka the Akhashic Record Player
Aug 9, 2004
McKinney, Texas
✟18,251.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actually you can't get on to the **** part. I hear that it's actually a good idea to drink your **** in emergency survival situations, it is sterile and clean for one, but I can't imagine it would make you live longer, just like eating your own body to keep from starving will actually make you die quicker, even if it's not from loss of blood. But hey, I'm no doctor or biologist, so I don't know. :)

Upvote 0

FadingWhispers3

Senior Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
✟19,344.00
Faith
Humanist
Politics
US-Others
Christians want to filter out violence and strong language and yet they have it in the bible! thats laughable.

1. I do not approve of censorship in any form except that which you apply by your own will to yourself.

2. Having something in a book is not the same as endorsing it.

Upvote 0