Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You mean when he's back to running campaign ads again? That's all he's had so far to get him the rating that he had before the debate. He might want to stick with that. However, it runs counter to the democrat message against "millionaires and billionaires" running the country, so the voters may not be swayed in his direction in November.

It also is one reason I doubt he is a Democrat. He does what Trump does.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You just told me the opposite of what I told you. If there were agreements, the female employees did not come out. They did. So Bloomberg can't be believed. He did not back down on his claim that they agreed to be silent (despite the proof they didn't by speaking publicly) while being attacked repeatedly.
If there aren't any NDAs as Warren claims then Bloomberg would have just said 'you're wrong there aren't any NDAs' and he would have been off the hook. Why in the world would he admit to something like that if they don't exist?
You can't believe everything you read.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You mean when he's back to running campaign ads again? That's all he's had so far to get him the rating that he had before the debate. He might want to stick with that. However, it runs counter to the democrat message against "millionaires and billionaires" running the country, so the voters may not be swayed in his direction in November.
Nonsense there are several Democratic millionaires in Congress. Here's a list of the 40 wealthiest Congressional members in 2018 and 15 of them are Democrats. Most Dems. are capitalist and don't have any problem with people being wealthy as long as they made their money honestly.

List of current members of the United States Congress by wealth - Wikipedia

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It also is one reason I doubt he is a Democrat. He does what Trump does.

I think voters are smart enough to understand that he is a former Republican running as a Democrat because that Republican party no longer exist.

He does what?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think voters are smart enough to understand that he is a former Republican running as a Democrat because that Republican party no longer exist.

He does what?
He was a Democrat all his life until he registered as a Republican when he ran for the Mayor of NYC in 2001, in 2007 he registered as an independent, then back to registered Democrat in 2018 in order to run on the Dem. ticket.
He's fiscally conservative and socially liberal. He was a Dem. for 59 years, was a Republican for 6 years.
He's a Democratic capitalist.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If there aren't any NDAs as Warren claims then Bloomberg would have just said 'you're wrong there aren't any NDAs' and he would have been off the hook. Why in the world would he admit to something like that if they don't exist?
You can't believe everything you read.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
He was a Democrat all his life until he registered as a Republican when he ran for the Mayor of NYC in 2001. In 2007 he registered as an independent, then back to registered Democrat in 2018 in order to run on the Democratic ticket.

He's fiscally conservative and socially liberal. He was a Democrat for 59 years, was a Republican for 6 years

So why wasn't Bloomberg a Democrat from 2001-2018?

Someone who changes his party just to run for a specific elected office belongs to the party in name only. He should stick with calling himself a Libertarian or independent.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Someone who changes his party just to run for a specific elected office belongs to the party in name only. He should stick with calling himself a Libertarian or independent.
He was never a Libertarian.
If you want to be elected President you have to run on one of the major tickets.

Bernie was an Independent until he wanted to run for President when he switched to a registered Democrat.
In the 70s he was registered with the Liberty Union party.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know. Bernie Sanders actually is a very liberal progressive on both economic and social issues though. I can't say the same thing about Michael Bloomberg.
Many Democrats are not very liberal progressives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Many Democrats are not very liberal progressives.

You missed the point.

Because Mike Bloomberg is economically conservative I don't think just being registered as a Democrat is proof he really is one. He is a centrist. Bernie Sanders OTOH is very much like the progressive liberals and only refused to join the Democratic Party several times because of his hatred of "the establishment."

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You missed the point.

Because Mike Bloomberg is economically conservative I don't think just being registered as a Democrat is proof he really is one. He is a centrist. Bernie Sanders OTOH is very much like the progressive liberals and only refused to join the Democratic Party several times because of his hatred of "the establishment."
Do you actually know that Bloomberg is fiscally conservative? Here's the link to his website maybe you would take a look and find a couple of issues that are important to you and see if he agrees with Democrats.
https://www.mikebloomberg.com/getting-it-done

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Please post in caps when you have been a Democrat for 50 years more than you've been a Republican

Let's put in another way. Have you been a Democrat for more than 20 years? If not, I trust Bloomberg as a Democrat much more than I do you. Why is that unreasonable?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know. Bernie Sanders actually is a very liberal progressive on both economic and social issues though. I can't say the same thing about Michael Bloomberg.

I certainly hope not, or Bloomberg would be as unelectable as Sanders.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Please post in caps when you have been a Democrat for 50 years more than you've been a Republican

Let's put in another way. Have you been a Democrat for more than 20 years? If not, I trust Bloomberg as a Democrat much more than I do you. Why is that unreasonable?

I turned 18 in 1995, which would make me a Democrat for 25 years. However, in Ohio there are no party registrations. Voters just tell poll workers they are Democrat or Republican. So I have been a registered Democrat for 8 years, since I got my first Florida state ID card.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I turned 18 in 1995, which would make me a Democrat for 25 years. However, in Ohio there are no party registrations. Voters just tell poll workers they are Democrat or Republican. So I have been a registered Democrat for 8 years, since I got my first Florida state ID card.
ty

• Friendly
Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He was a Democrat all his life until he registered as a Republican when he ran for the Mayor of NYC in 2001, in 2007 he registered as an independent, then back to registered Democrat in 2018 in order to run on the Dem. ticket.
He's fiscally conservative and socially liberal. He was a Dem. for 59 years, was a Republican for 6 years.

Thank you for the background.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sanders is beating everyone else head to head against Trump. I would say he is certainly electable.

I thought that you didn't believe polls were useful so early.

In any case, I checked a few states (PA, MI, WI and FL) comparing Sanders and Biden. All the polls were done over the last week. They are about the same against Trump, although Biden would win PA by 8 and with Sanders it is only 4. Sanders does 1 point better than Biden in MI. Biden does 1 point better than Sanders in FL.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Democratic candidate polls can be useful. The problem is when you look at several different polls with the same questions, no two produce identical results or have the same error margin. Only the actual votes on Election Day are objective. However, if all polls rank candidates in the same order, it is safe to predict the winner of the next election, given that nobody is within any poll's error margin.

Upvote 0