Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
In the first book of the covenant at Horeb, three annual feasts were required.
Exodus 23:
14 Three times you shall keep a feast to Me in the year:
15 You shall keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread, you shall eat unleavened bread seven days,
as I commanded you, at the time appointed in the month of Abib, for in it you came out of Egypt; none shall appear before Me empty);
16 and the Feast of Harvest, the firstfruits of your labors which you have sown in the field;
and the Feast of Ingathering at the end of the year, when you have gathered in the fruit of your labors from the field.

One other requirement was to be kept at these times.
17 Three times in the year all your males shall appear before the Lord God.
This required faith.
Exodus 34:

23 Three times in the year all your men shall appear before the Lord, the Lord God of Israel.
24 For I will cast out the nations before you and enlarge your borders; neither will any man
covet your land when you go up to appear before the Lord your God three times in the year.

Exodus 23:
10 Six years you shall sow your land and gather in its produce,
11 but the seventh year you shall let it rest and lie fallow, that the poor of your people
may eat; and what they leave, the beasts of the field may eat. In like manner you shall
do with your vineyard and your olive grove.

Leviticus 25:
10 And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land
to all its inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee for you; and each of you shall return to his possession, and each of you shall return to his family.
11 That fiftieth year shall be a Jubilee to you; in it you shall neither sow nor reap what
grows of its own accord, nor gather the grapes of your untended vine.
12 For it is the Jubilee; it shall be holy to you; you shall eat its produce from the field.

This required even more Faith, more than most have today.
Romans 9:
30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have
attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith;
but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness.
Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law.
For they stumbled at that stumbling stone.
33 As it is written:
Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense,
And whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.

Reactions: GospelS

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread has been moved from Messianic Judaism to General Theology at the request of the member.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0