• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Feast of Tabernacles - Sukkot 2019

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Greengardener, Aug 31, 2019.

1. pinacled

pinacled walking with the Shekinah

+641
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    If only a sukkah were built upon a well..perhaps if such wisdom being freely given from above were to be seen with keen eyes.
    Ah,
    But what do I know..

2. tampasteve

tampasteve Lutheran Messianic Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,677
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The Messianic synagogue I sometimes go to will have a community celebration, I will likely not participate as I am not really a member of the community. I am hoping to build a Sukkah this year for my families use at home.

3. pinacled

+641
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Have you considered building a sukkot in fellowship with likeminded friends here on this forum.

When seeking a branch(s) to shade family.
    Remember to count the leaves like feathers to wings.

Blessings Always

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. pinacled

+641
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I wonder how many here come from a school of thought that teaches not only to lean on The Lord in the spirit of knowledge and understanding.
    But to seek The Kingdom where what's unspoken is shared with others in spirit .

A place where it is not so much about was is said, but was isn t..

Noble thoughts with a helmet of....

5. Greengardener

Greengardener for love is of God Supporter

+336
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    This I am doing, my esoteric Friend. But in the meantime, I wondered what it would look like to my eyes in the light of the sunshine with the gentle breeze in October.

6. Greengardener

Greengardener for love is of God Supporter

+336
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Member of the community. Hit the nail on the head. Together with Him in the wilderness, a year after year remembering. My heart pulls me to this annual celebration, knowing that it foreshadows something more wonderful. I hope it goes well for you and your family, Steve. Your name makes me think you are associated with Tampa, Florida. I was "almost" there last Sukkot - long but amazing story with, at this point, a happy ending.

7. pinacled

+641
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    A Shabbat full Moon received will be a reward worthy of patience.

8. Lulav

Lulav Older than ZIP Codes Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+6,425
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    There are places around the US where they do have a week long get together, and 'camp out'. But it can be done even in the city, even in an apartment.

Take a look at some of these pictures.

[​IMG] This is in Israel

This is NYC

[​IMG]

Then there are these

[​IMG] found on Amazon

I think one of the rules is that you have to have a space separate from your regular dwelling that is big enough to pray in and eat a meal.

9. tampasteve

+2,677
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Yes and no. As can be read over the years here, my beliefs and desire to fellowship in community with other MJ waxes and wanes. I tent to participate from the sidelines now. But in this I am speaking of a physical Sukkah, not simply spiritual.

10. pinacled

+641
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Sounds like you are in a place similar to ole sh'aul.
    Even while away in the physical sense of waning, you are waxing in the spiritual sense of fellowship.

The next full moon will be a wonderful reminder of the love of brethren(sons and daughters) of the inheritance. With noble thoughts of likemindess upon The Holy One.

Blessings Always

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  11. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+5,819
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I have appreciated your candidness on this subject. Its helped me to make sense of what I felt. Especially when I didn’t hear the same from others. I don’t know if I’d liken my position to the sidelines. I prefer to view it as the place He designed. :)

12. tampasteve

+2,677
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Thank you for the kind words. :)

You are probably right, I am feeling more connected and "in the right place" now. The Messianic path alone just does not work here where I live or for me as a Christian. However, taken together with other modalities it works better. I am a person that likes order, certainty, and routine, so this path of putting together the different parts has been difficult, but I think it is bearing fruit for me.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+5,819
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    You’re welcome Steve. :)

Sometimes the unrest is meant to force us to dig deeper and ask difficult questions. I’m happy to hear you’ve found your place.

Call it simple or barebones. The pruning has brought me to this point:

For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

I’m not encumbered. The freedom and simplicity are priceless. :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  14. pinacled

+641
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Pruning reminds me of preening.

15. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+5,819
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Pruning beautifies us inside out for the Lord’s service.

16. public hermit

public hermit Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,843
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    This is the sukkah frame I built for my sister, yesterday. She's going to use sheets for the walls and decorate it. It's 6x6x6. In hindsight, I would have made it 8x8x8. I think it's a bit more sturdy than it's supposed to be. But, I was able to use what little carpentry skills I have. Plus, this wandering Hebrew likes a sturdy shelter. ;) At any rate, my job is done. Now, I just wait for food, haha. :)

Attached Files:

17. TreWalker

TreWalker Walking Tree

+74
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
  18. Lulav

Lulav Older than ZIP Codes Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+6,425
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
  19. pinacled

+641
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    ?
    What then of the other 11 manner of fruits.

20. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,042
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    My daughter sent some pics from their congregational sukkah in Albuquerque NM.
    upload_2019-10-15_7-29-2.png

upload_2019-10-15_7-29-25.png

upload_2019-10-15_7-29-47.png

upload_2019-10-15_7-30-5.png