Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would like to hear more about the Sukkot. What options are you aware of for the celebration this year? What meaning do you bring to and get out of the celebration? What are your best memories, maybe your worst memories? What can you tell someone who wasn't raised with the concept?

The Messianic synagogue I sometimes go to will have a community celebration, I will likely not participate as I am not really a member of the community. I am hoping to build a Sukkah this year for my families use at home.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Messianic synagogue I sometimes go to will have a community celebration, I will likely not participate as I am not really a member of the community. I am hoping to build a Sukkah this year for my families use at home.
Have you considered building a sukkot in fellowship with likeminded friends here on this forum.

When seeking a branch(s) to shade family.
Remember to count the leaves like feathers to wings.

Blessings Always

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I wonder how many here come from a school of thought that teaches not only to lean on The Lord in the spirit of knowledge and understanding.
But to seek The Kingdom where what's unspoken is shared with others in spirit .

A place where it is not so much about was is said, but was isn t..

Noble thoughts with a helmet of....

Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you considered building a sukkot in fellowship with likeminded friends here on this forum.

Blessings Always
This I am doing, my esoteric Friend. But in the meantime, I wondered what it would look like to my eyes in the light of the sunshine with the gentle breeze in October.

• Friendly
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Member of the community. Hit the nail on the head. Together with Him in the wilderness, a year after year remembering. My heart pulls me to this annual celebration, knowing that it foreshadows something more wonderful. I hope it goes well for you and your family, Steve. Your name makes me think you are associated with Tampa, Florida. I was "almost" there last Sukkot - long but amazing story with, at this point, a happy ending.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This I am doing, my esoteric Friend. But in the meantime, I wondered what it would look like to my eyes in the light of the sunshine with the gentle breeze in October.
A Shabbat full Moon received will be a reward worthy of patience.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are places around the US where they do have a week long get together, and 'camp out'. But it can be done even in the city, even in an apartment.

Take a look at some of these pictures.

1.5621709.1018316866.jpg
This is in Israel

This is NYC

Sukkot_williamsburg_brooklyn-53f11c.jpg

Then there are these

71%2BJkwhFaiL._SL1050_.jpg
found on Amazon

I think one of the rules is that you have to have a space separate from your regular dwelling that is big enough to pray in and eat a meal.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Blessings Always

Yes and no. As can be read over the years here, my beliefs and desire to fellowship in community with other MJ waxes and wanes. I tent to participate from the sidelines now. But in this I am speaking of a physical Sukkah, not simply spiritual.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes and no. As can be read over the years here, my beliefs and desire to fellowship in community with other MJ waxes and wanes. I tent to participate from the sidelines now. But in this I am speaking of a physical Sukkah, not simply spiritual.
Sounds like you are in a place similar to ole sh'aul.
Even while away in the physical sense of waning, you are waxing in the spiritual sense of fellowship.

The next full moon will be a wonderful reminder of the love of brethren(sons and daughters) of the inheritance. With noble thoughts of likemindess upon The Holy One.

Blessings Always

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

I have appreciated your candidness on this subject. Its helped me to make sense of what I felt. Especially when I didn’t hear the same from others. I don’t know if I’d liken my position to the sidelines. I prefer to view it as the place He designed. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have appreciated your candidness on this subject. Its helped me to make sense of what I felt. Especially when I didn’t hear the same from others. I don’t know if I’d liken my position to the sidelines. I prefer to view it as the place He designed. :)

Thank you for the kind words. :)

You are probably right, I am feeling more connected and "in the right place" now. The Messianic path alone just does not work here where I live or for me as a Christian. However, taken together with other modalities it works better. I am a person that likes order, certainty, and routine, so this path of putting together the different parts has been difficult, but I think it is bearing fruit for me.

• Optimistic
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are probably right, I am feeling more connected and "in the right place" now. The Messianic path alone just does not work here where I live or for me as a Christian.

You’re welcome Steve. :)

Sometimes the unrest is meant to force us to dig deeper and ask difficult questions. I’m happy to hear you’ve found your place.

However, taken together with other modalities it works better. I am a person that likes order, certainty, and routine, so this path of putting together the different parts has been difficult, but I think it is bearing fruit for me.

Call it simple or barebones. The pruning has brought me to this point:

For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

I’m not encumbered. The freedom and simplicity are priceless. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You’re welcome Steve. :)

Sometimes the unrest is meant to force us to dig deeper and ask difficult questions. I’m happy to hear you’ve found your place.

Call it simple or barebones. The pruning has brought me to this point:

For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

I’m not encumbered. The freedom and simplicity are priceless. :)
Pruning reminds me of preening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for this post. My sister wants to observe Sukkot, and I said I would help. So do you have to build the Sukkah, or can one use a tent? I don't know much about this, so please forgive any obvious missteps. Are there foods, in particular, most eat? I believe she has a calendar and what various parts of the time period represent. What online resources might you suggest?

This is the sukkah frame I built for my sister, yesterday. She's going to use sheets for the walls and decorate it. It's 6x6x6. In hindsight, I would have made it 8x8x8. I think it's a bit more sturdy than it's supposed to be. But, I was able to use what little carpentry skills I have. Plus, this wandering Hebrew likes a sturdy shelter. ;) At any rate, my job is done. Now, I just wait for food, haha. :)

Attachments

• Sukkah 2019.jpg
    Sukkah 2019.jpg
    881.4 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0