Sep 18, 2010
✟885,445.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was born again in 2010. Since then I have gone through alot of things, and for a while lived a worldly life. Since a year back I have been trying to come back to the place of 2010, when I had deep peace, joy and meaning in my life. As I have moved closer to the Lord I am started to feel fear. I don't know why. Sometimes I think I'm no longer saved, but I don't know. It would be natural for the unsaved man to be afraid of the truth, right?

Advice would be appreciated.

God bless,
Peter

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Read Roman's chapter 8 and 9
humbles one
Holy Spirit did it all
we did nothing.

Obedience is important
do your best to finish the good race.

M-Bob

I've watched this many times.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I was born again in 2010. Since then I have gone through alot of things, and for a while lived a worldly life. Since a year back I have been trying to come back to the place of 2010, when I had deep peace, joy and meaning in my life. As I have moved closer to the Lord I am started to feel fear. I don't know why. Sometimes I think I'm no longer saved, but I don't know. It would be natural for the unsaved man to be afraid of the truth, right?

God bless,
Peter
Hi Peter, it's very encouraging to hear your testimony. The fact that you fear the Lord, shows that He is working in your heart and drawing you closer to Him.
Please don't believe the lie of the enemy, who whispers in your ear and tells you that you don't deserve to be forgiven because you went back into the world, after you were born again.
Every single Christian sins everyday, we will continue to sin until we die. That doesn't mean we have a licence to sin, because we have been forgiven for all of our past, present and future sins. It just means that we will wrestle against our flesh for the rest of our life.
Saint Paul described our sin problem, when he said that he would like to do good, but he noticed another force in him that was fighting against his will and making him do what he doesn't want to do.
Just trust in Christ with everything you have, and keep taking everyday as a new day. Don't look back at all the failures, put on the whole Armour of God every morning and go out into battle.
You will receive the reward, when you reach the finish line. You will receive a new perfect, sinless and eternal body.

Upvote 0

Hopeful37

Mar 20, 2020
Somewhere
✟49,318.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God bless,
Peter
I feel that way too. This morning i saw a photo from the day I was baptised in 2008 and wept. If I could only go back in time and change the things I did and do things differently. If I could, I would but I can't. Gotta keep moving forward as best as we can with His grace. Hopefully forgiving ourselves in the process as He has forgiven us.

• Friendly
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
When you recognize God's love for you, you won't be afraid. There is no fear in love; perfect love casts out fear. We love God and others.

1 John 4
7 Beloved, let u s love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

It's extremely important to read and reread your New Testament. Our salvation is a gift from God. He knows your life ftom beginning to end. He saves us knowing there will be times of bitter disappointment. But when you fall, He will pick you up!

Christian 1 Peter 2_24.jpg Christian Greater Love Cross.jpg
Christian He is Risen.jpg

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well lovey dovey Christianity isn't the whole story now is it ? No, there is fear and trembling before the Lord, it's called conviction. You're feeling conviction of the Holy Spirit ( the single most powerful entity in the world). What is needed is you agree with God and walk with Him. You need not return to what you once had only, because He can well take you beyond that. Confess your sins daily, agree with God and stand up to walk your walk with Him. Been there done that !! His kind of love is different than ours, He chastens in love too. You wouldn't be feeling this if you were not His.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Hopeful37

Mar 20, 2020
Somewhere
✟49,318.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When you recognize God's love for you, you won't be afraid. There is no fear in love; perfect love casts out fear. We love God and others.

1 John 4
7 Beloved, let u s love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

It's extremely important to read and reread your New Testament. Our salvation is a gift from God. He knows your life ftom beginning to end. He saves us knowing there will be times of bitter disappointment. But when you fall, He will pick you up!

View attachment 274662 View attachment 274663
View attachment 274664
I can only speak for myself and not Zoidar. I fear because I know I have done wrong in His sight and He alone can set me free from the fear.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I can only speak for myself and not Zoidar. I fear because I know I have done wrong in His sight and He alone can set me free from the fear.

I'm sad that I've failed God many times. I revere and love Him! I don't deserve His mercy, but I thank Him multiple times a day for His mercy and help.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Do in have the joy of your salvation?

My salvation is the greatest gift I've ever received and the source of my courage among the unbelievers and false judgments of others.

Do you live your life to encourage other believers?

The joy of the Lord is my strength. :clap: His rod and staff comfort me.

Reactions: Hopeful37
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Always a possibility?

Well brother it definitely wasn’t my purpose to cause division when the OP is reaching out for help. If this avenue within Christianity brings our brother solace then I bid him God’s speed. My offer to the OP was only an attempt to share what has helped me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel that way too. This morning i saw a photo from the day I was baptised in 2008 and wept. If I could only go back in time and change the things I did and do things differently. If I could, I would but I can't. Gotta keep moving forward as best as we can with His grace. Hopefully forgiving ourselves in the process as He has forgiven us.

@Hopeful37 :

Paul said of himself:

"....this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

(Philippians 3.13-14)

Upvote 0

Hopeful37

Mar 20, 2020
Somewhere
✟49,318.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Hopeful37 :

Paul said of himself:

"....this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

(Philippians 3.13-14)
This is what I've been telling myself. Not the scripture..must keep moving forward Trusting Him. Was now reading a thread on if one could thwart their destiny in God because of wrong choices.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Sometimes I think I'm no longer saved, but I don't know. It would be natural for the unsaved man to be afraid of the truth, right?

I don't think it is possible to eliminate all feelings of fear. The question is what we do when the feeling of fear happens. When Jesus was talking about how we cannot work for God and money at the same time without cheating on one or the other, he recognized that this teaching would cause some fear in people. He noted that we would worry about what to eat or what to drink or where we'd get clothing, but he said we should not let this kind of fear stop us from stepping out in faith. He referring to the people who indulge these fears as "ye of little faith", thus showing that our choice will be for fear, or for faith. One will lead us away from the other.

There is always a reason why we feel fearful. Sometimes that reason is hidden from us, either because we're just been lazy about self examination, or because we do not want to confront the source of that fear. When you start to feel fearful, it is important to think carefully as to why you feel fearful. It is not enough to just say, "I don't know why". There is a reason, and you need to examine yourself until you find that reason. Ask God to help you see what you might not want to see; if you are sincere, he will help you to see it.

• Useful
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is what I've been telling myself. Not the scripture..must keep moving forward Trusting Him. Was now reading a thread on if one could thwart their destiny in God because of wrong choices.
@Hopeful37
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5.13) A religion based on works and human effort - which some clergy may promote for their own reasons - is patently false.

We may be much assured before the Lord. :)

"For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance..." (1 Thessalonians 1.5)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it is possible to eliminate all feelings of fear. The question is what we do when the feeling of fear happens. When Jesus was talking about how we cannot work for God and money at the same time without cheating on one or the other, he recognized that this teaching would cause some fear in people. He noted that we would worry about what to eat or what to drink or where we'd get clothing, but he said we should not let this kind of fear stop us from stepping out in faith. He referring to the people who indulge these fears as "ye of little faith", thus showing that our choice will be for fear, or for faith. One will lead us away from the other.

There is always a reason why we feel fearful. Sometimes that reason is hidden from us, either because we're just been lazy about self examination, or because we do not want to confront the source of that fear. When you start to feel fearful, it is important to think carefully as to why you feel fearful. It is not enough to just say, "I don't know why". There is a reason, and you need to examine yourself until you find that reason. Ask God to help you see what you might not want to see; if you are sincere, he will help you to see it.
Psalm 46.1; John 14.1; Luke 12.32

Upvote 0