• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Fear stemming from anxiety that I somehow am an atheist.

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

I’d like to reach out for a prayer request and any welcomed advice is always appreciated.

Today has been better for me,and I believe I’ve gotten over the irrational fear of hell,but something is still bothering me,sometimes,whenever I feel joy,I get a thought that runs through my mind that says “see how Good it is to be free from God” and it shocks me to say the least,and I never would say this or think it intentionally.I somehow think that maybe I’m an atheist because of a past decision I made,one day when I was under what I believe to be a fiery trial,I came to God and said “Lord deep down I don’t believe,but I want to so badly” it was regular anxiety over believing the gospel and doubts,but I’ve read up on apostasy and those who partake in apostasy renounce faith in Christ,I worry that I may have did that,but I will,no matter how bad the trial,ever renounce Christ,ever!,but what I fear the most out of everything I ever have had anxiety about is atheism and apostasy.I fear them and hate them.

I just want to be saved and love Jesus for it.

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Atheists have no authority over the Spirit of God. The question is not how good a hold to God you have, but whether he has you. And that is up to him —not up to you. And that is a good thing, because there is nothing you can do to keep him. And you can't lose him. So continue to pursue him. All these other thoughts are noise. Get to know Christ. Talk to HIM all day.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Your not an atheist, your a Protestant Christian who fears being an atheist. If you were an atheist you wouldn't care, or would have lots of other different emotions like bitterness over your past life of faith and so on.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I’d like to reach out for a prayer request and any welcomed advice is always appreciated.

Today has been better for me,and I believe I’ve gotten over the irrational fear of hell,but something is still bothering me,sometimes,whenever I feel joy,I get a thought that runs through my mind that says “see how Good it is to be free from God” and it shocks me to say the least,and I never would say this or think it intentionally.I somehow think that maybe I’m an atheist because of a past decision I made,one day when I was under what I believe to be a fiery trial,I came to God and said “Lord deep down I don’t believe,but I want to so badly” it was regular anxiety over believing the gospel and doubts,but I’ve read up on apostasy and those who partake in apostasy renounce faith in Christ,I worry that I may have did that,but I will,no matter how bad the trial,ever renounce Christ,ever!,but what I fear the most out of everything I ever have had anxiety about is atheism and apostasy.I fear them and hate them.

Dear brother it is very best to be delivered by Jesus, not being enslaved to sin no more, and free from any accusations against you.

To love Jesus for His sacrifice sets free from sin, not fighting against it in your own ability.

Each time you fear your salvation, because of something you supposedly have done wrong, thank Jesus for His loving grace and accept His grace into your life. This is how the love of God grows inside of you, accepting God's grace and thanking Him for it.

When the love of God begins to grow, sin begins to go away, that is the very best part of loving God, when we love God then we don't want to sin, rather we love,thank and praise Him for it is so good to have His love beating in our chest.

Remember unbelievers are not free from accusations when they do wrong, they have no Lord Jesus to take the flak, they have no love of God growing in their hearts, only believers who have faith in God's love experience God's goodness and love through Jesus Christ their Lord.

Peace

The Truth Of The Matter.

Dear friends how could The Truth not be true in our life?
Would The Truth not know best how things have been?
Please no more bloody demands from The Truth about this,
it's time to be frank about our not so truthful times!

Why would The Truth suffer the penalty of our actions?
That piercing penalty of death to sustain our lives?
Yet why would our good life suffer bad life all the time?
It does not seem like a sound idea to proceed like this.

Daily our untrue ways demand The Truth to provide,
we compete and work to gain more out of our life.
Still could our bad life escape the truth of our actions?
Is The Truth at fault when our wrong doings murder us?

Yet didn't The Truth turn death into an awesome plan?
Salvation if we freely surrender our bad life to Him.
Not good becoming truthfully okay from now on,
Needing Jesus to survive The Truth of the Matter!

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The mere presence of your anxiety is proof against your fear. Rest easy; the concern about being an atheist shows a desire to please God, hence the evidence against your fears. That's just Satan trying to play mind games with you.

Upvote 0