• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ryosuke

Jan 7, 2021
Beirut
✟12,146.00
Country
Lebanon
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello there I hope this post will somehow help me because I can't stand it anymore , I've been dealing with terrible blasphemous thoughts for over a year now and every time I thought it was getting better by knowing that its OCD and intrusive it just kept getting stronger and harder , it started a while after I become close to God terrible thoughts that feels very real and caused me great anxiety , I got reassurance all the time but the guilt won't leave. After I started to ignore these thoughts stronger attacks would come later on and cause me great depression. The battle has been very hard they are constantly 24/7 in my mind even during sleep I would wake up bombarded by disgusting thoughts against Jesus , God and the Holy Spirit. Lately, I had an intrusive thought about the Holy Spirit that I murmured and I was like " you have said it , you have committed the unforgiven " even though I tried to reason with myself that it was accidental and with no intentions of evil behind it and I don't mean at all what I said the fear was here , I couldn't stop it , I'm still terribly afraid to this very moment and feel hopeless , I don't want to leave God or hate him he has been so Good to me and I know this is what the enemy want , but I just cant get better I feel like its getting worse and worse every time. Sometimes I even doubt if its really OCD or just me who think about them , I try to attack my fear with reason but I don't see any progress each temporary progress goes away after another panic attack. I'm also very scared to open up to my parents about it because they would freak out I think or be afraid so I've been dealing with this alone unnoticed told a few pastor and friend , they were very supportive and understanding of my pain and fear but right now I still feel destroyed and condemned to hell, I just don't know what to do anymore. Please if someone had a similar situation and got better , tips on how you got better would be tremendous help <3.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best is to make a love relation ship with God in you the fearful one. Understand that these constant attacks are only because the enemy knows you care about it and are frightened about it. To not care, and not be frightened, but to praise, love and thank God for grace is the quickest way to get rid of these horrible thoughts.

Honest praise God when the accuser says you committed the unforgivable sin. Praise God that nothing can separate you from His love because of Jesus your Saviour Romans 8, and begin to exercise this truth. That is how i have gotten rid of my fear for God and hell.

Each time you fear God, go to God. Face Him. Thank Him for Jesus. Praise Him for Jesus. Love Him because of Jesus. If you do that then His perfect love will cast out your fear and comfort you the fearful one.

To worship and praise God is the secret of getting over mentally ill driven fears. For satan will soon let up because he knows you will go to God and praise, love and thank Him, satan doesn't like that he wants you to be terrified of his lies so he can grill you with them.

:hug:

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Ryosuke,
  1. If you don't have this already, seek out a psychiatrist & appropriate medicine.
  2. Look for a church that knows about "spiritual strongholds."
The problem is NOT that you have committed an "unpardonable sin."
It is that you let the OCD reign in your life without taking aggressive steps to dethrone it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot of us have worried about this, including me big time (I have generalized anxiety disorder and suffer from paranoia).

But it's not about what you say, it's about what you really feel in your heart.

Simply put, the unforgivable sin is being an unbeliever with a hardened heart.

The idea is that if you have no faith and belief in Jesus and the Holy Spirit who sanctifies us and seals our salvation, there's no way to have your sin forgiven. It's an unforgivable sin, because it cuts off what it takes to have your sin forgiven.

Your Father, who loves you, knows your heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are still having these evil thoughts then the enemy is attacking you and that means you are still saved. Why would the enemy attack someone who is condemned and lost? Unbelievers don't experience these attacks because they are condemned already. Keep your focus on Christ. At least that's one thing that brings me some hope, I also suffer from these evil thoughts.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nobody can commit this sin, not you or anyone else.

Not unless you become a Pharisee and time travel back 2000 years. That's how impossible it is.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm also very scared to open up to my parents about it because they would freak out I think or be afraid so I've been dealing with this alone unnoticed told a few pastor and friend , they were very supportive and understanding of my pain and fear but right now I still feel destroyed and condemned to hell, I just don't know what to do anymore. Please if someone had a similar situation and got better , tips on how you got better would be tremendous help <3.

Please read this article written by a psychologist to help his patients:-
International OCD Foundation | 25 Tips for Succeeding in Your OCD Treatment

In it he says intrusive thoughts are not real so do not argue or debate or try to ignore or suppress them but just say ' OK that's right.' and carry on with what you are doing.

What you have is a mental illness, your brain is sick and needs treatment.

Please talk with your parents and with your pastor, show them this article as you will need there help and support.
Because this is an illness those blasphemous intrusive thoughts are not going to be held against you by Jesus. Any more than he would blame a bed bound sick person for not attending church.

Also you are not being possessed by the devil. Christians are possessed by the Spirit of God who keeps the devil away.

Upvote 0

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey. You need to tell your parents that you need to see a doctor. You need to get help. This thing is causing you to suffer so much. I can tell. It very must sounds like one of the most common OCD fears taken to an extreme. No matter what you've said or thought, if you believe Jesus is the Son of God, you are saved. I had this fear so badly in 2009. I thought I may have said things in the past and I kept worrying about my thoughts and I got very sick and actually saw blackness like I was about to pass out. My husband rushed me to the doctor and my blood pressure was very high and I had to be given something to make me calm down and my OCD medication dosage had to be upped. Just tell them sweetie, tell them something is wrong and you need to go to the doctor. You can even go to your regular general practitioner doctor. Tell the doctor everything. Don't be afraid. I believe this illness is inherited. It involves something like a misfire in a synapse in the brain and SSRI drugs are helping a lot!!!!!!! Some people like me need the medication. My quality of life would be terrible without it. I will pray for you. Talk to them!

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Not unless you become a Pharisee and time travel back 2000 years. That's how impossible it is.

Yes this sin is a national sin committed by The Nation of Israel. God set the punishment for this sin and that came about in 70 AD at the hands of the Roman government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello there I hope this post will somehow help me because I can't stand it anymore , I've been dealing with terrible blasphemous thoughts for over a year now and every time I thought it was getting better by knowing that its OCD and intrusive it just kept getting stronger and harder , it started a while after I become close to God terrible thoughts that feels very real and caused me great anxiety , I got reassurance all the time but the guilt won't leave. After I started to ignore these thoughts stronger attacks would come later on and cause me great depression. The battle has been very hard they are constantly 24/7 in my mind even during sleep I would wake up bombarded by disgusting thoughts against Jesus , God and the Holy Spirit. Lately, I had an intrusive thought about the Holy Spirit that I murmured and I was like " you have said it , you have committed the unforgiven " even though I tried to reason with myself that it was accidental and with no intentions of evil behind it and I don't mean at all what I said the fear was here , I couldn't stop it , I'm still terribly afraid to this very moment and feel hopeless , I don't want to leave God or hate him he has been so Good to me and I know this is what the enemy want , but I just cant get better I feel like its getting worse and worse every time. Sometimes I even doubt if its really OCD or just me who think about them , I try to attack my fear with reason but I don't see any progress each temporary progress goes away after another panic attack. I'm also very scared to open up to my parents about it because they would freak out I think or be afraid so I've been dealing with this alone unnoticed told a few pastor and friend , they were very supportive and understanding of my pain and fear but right now I still feel destroyed and condemned to hell, I just don't know what to do anymore. Please if someone had a similar situation and got better , tips on how you got better would be tremendous help <3.

You need to circumcise your heart to the Lord ;meditate God’s words in Colossians 2:11-15.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been struggling so much! I know how hard it is to deal with OCD, as I've had it for years. Please take heart in knowing that the type of obsession you describe is very typical of people with scrupulosity/religious OCD. Is there any way you can get professional help - medication and/or a therapist who specializes in treating OCD? In any case, there is LOTS you can do to learn about OCD and practice treating it on your own. I can suggest some good web resources, if you like. The good news is that OCD is highly treatable, and there are ways that you can learn to manage it so that you can experience a better quality of life than you have now!

Upvote 0

Ryosuke

Jan 7, 2021
Beirut
✟12,146.00
Country
Lebanon
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been struggling so much! I know how hard it is to deal with OCD, as I've had it for years. Please take heart in knowing that the type of obsession you describe is very typical of people with scrupulosity/religious OCD. Is there any way you can get professional help - medication and/or a therapist who specializes in treating OCD? In any case, there is LOTS you can do to learn about OCD and practice treating it on your own. I can suggest some good web resources, if you like. The good news is that OCD is highly treatable, and there are ways that you can learn to manage it so that you can experience a better quality of life than you have now!
I wish you could suggest a web to help me , I'm still feeling terribly bad because I said in a low voice the intrusive thoughts when I was not paying attention and after it I was terribly afraid . I'm trying to battle it by saying that its not what my heart wants else I wouldn't even care but the fear loop won't just go away even when it goes it comes back after a while hunting me and accusing me that I said it . I feel so lost and condemned im trying to go to God but its not easy at all with all my emotional state and i cant tell my parents they will be so shocked and worried.

Upvote 0

Ryosuke

Jan 7, 2021
Beirut
✟12,146.00
Country
Lebanon
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey. You need to tell your parents that you need to see a doctor. You need to get help. This thing is causing you to suffer so much. I can tell. It very must sounds like one of the most common OCD fears taken to an extreme. No matter what you've said or thought, if you believe Jesus is the Son of God, you are saved. I had this fear so badly in 2009. I thought I may have said things in the past and I kept worrying about my thoughts and I got very sick and actually saw blackness like I was about to pass out. My husband rushed me to the doctor and my blood pressure was very high and I had to be given something to make me calm down and my OCD medication dosage had to be upped. Just tell them sweetie, tell them something is wrong and you need to go to the doctor. You can even go to your regular general practitioner doctor. Tell the doctor everything. Don't be afraid. I believe this illness is inherited. It involves something like a misfire in a synapse in the brain and SSRI drugs are helping a lot!!!!!!! Some people like me need the medication. My quality of life would be terrible without it. I will pray for you. Talk to them!
thank you for your kind answer , I do think its OCD , its just I cant tell my parents especially at these times with covid so I'm trying to improve it by myself but its not consistent I get good a while then the fears are there again after a while and the thoughts are 24/7 here at the back of my mind.My main struggle at the moment is that I said in a low voice the intrusive thoughts about the Holy Spirit when I was not paying attention and after it I was terribly afraid . I'm trying to battle it by saying that its not what my heart wants else I wouldn't even care but the fear loop won't just go away even when it goes it comes back after a while hunting me and accusing me that I said it ; its like but " you said it you said it you offended the Holy Spirit"

Upvote 0

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey. Bless your heart. If you read John 5 verse 24 you'll find that if you believe you will not be judged. You would have to be judged to have to be forgiven or not forgiven for something. Further, when Jesus mentioned the unforgivable sin, He said that person is in danger of or subject to eternal condemnation not that they definitely would be condemned. All you have to do is believe that Jesus is the Son of God and you are forgiven no matter what. If you are saying something like you feared when you die and you really meant it and you never repented or believed then you would be in danger. But God is love. I cannot imagine love not giving you another chance. Love is like the ultimate compassion. Please don't worry!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish you could suggest a web to help me , I'm still feeling terribly bad because I said in a low voice the intrusive thoughts when I was not paying attention and after it I was terribly afraid . I'm trying to battle it by saying that its not what my heart wants else I wouldn't even care but the fear loop won't just go away even when it goes it comes back after a while hunting me and accusing me that I said it . I feel so lost and condemned im trying to go to God but its not easy at all with all my emotional state and i cant tell my parents they will be so shocked and worried.

Dear one,
Don’t be afraid. Don’t let your heart be troubled.

Have you take hold of His word ?

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The thing with OCD is that it causes us to over-analyze what we think and feel. We start focusing so much on our feelings that we feel like we can't even tell what we feel anymore. So, because we're so afraid of doing something (like blaspheming) and so focused on whether or not we're doing it, we're sure to feel like we do it at some point. But just because we feel like we've done it doesn't mean we have, and just because we feel like we mean it doesn't mean we do. The way to deal with OCD, then, is to learn to recognize that these intrusive thoughts/feelings are meaningless, and to treat them as such, ignoring them rather than fighting against them. Basically, the less attention we pay our obsessions and intrusive thoughts, the more our OCD calms down. It really only wants attention; it HATES to be ignored. Our job is to learn to ignore it. :) Not easy, but definitely possible. I can talk more about this process if you want. For now I'll leave you with one of my favorite sites about OCD: OCD & CHRISTIANITY – CHRISTIANITY. If you have more questions or want to discuss these things further, just let me know!

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find comfort what I have heard. I hope it can comfort those who are suffering OCD.

This is what I have heard:

3 For although we do live in the world, we do not wage war in a worldly way; 4 because the weapons we use to wage war are not worldly. On the contrary, they have God’s power for demolishing strongholds. We demolish arguments 5 and every arrogance that raises itself up against the knowledge of God; we take every thought captive and make it obey the Messiah. 6 And when you have become completely obedient, then we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience.-2 Corinthians 10:3-6

Isn’t that grace that we hear ? When we have become completely obedient, then we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience.

Yes, it is grace that we heard from what apostle Paul have told us.

Therefore, let us hold on to this truth and that we heard from 2 Corinthians 10:3-6. And find comfort and strength from the Lord.

Upvote 0

Ryosuke

Jan 7, 2021
Beirut
✟12,146.00
Country
Lebanon
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The thing with OCD is that it causes us to over-analyze what we think and feel. We start focusing so much on our feelings that we feel like we can't even tell what we feel anymore. So, because we're so afraid of doing something (like blaspheming) and so focused on whether or not we're doing it, we're sure to feel like we do it at some point. But just because we feel like we've done it doesn't mean we have, and just because we feel like we mean it doesn't mean we do. The way to deal with OCD, then, is to learn to recognize that these intrusive thoughts/feelings are meaningless, and to treat them as such, ignoring them rather than fighting against them. Basically, the less attention we pay our obsessions and intrusive thoughts, the more our OCD calms down. It really only wants attention; it HATES to be ignored. Our job is to learn to ignore it. :) Not easy, but definitely possible. I can talk more about this process if you want. For now I'll leave you with one of my favorite sites about OCD: OCD & CHRISTIANITY – CHRISTIANITY. If you have more questions or want to discuss these things further, just let me know!
what made really harder lately is my doubts that swings and go between the issue and go in an endless loop of questions , I had existential questions since I was a kid.however I found relief in my conversion to christianity but now there back to make the problem even worse its like ocd is moving from topic to topic at some point in my life i had medical anxiety i would start to think or search if i have a certain disease. How do i deal with doubts i know deep down that i care and beleive and i want that but these thoughts are making me feel uneasy and uncertain about anything and there timing is making me question everything and whether i beleived in the first place .

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what made really harder lately is my doubts that swings and go between the issue and go in an endless loop of questions , I had existential questions since I was a kid.however I found relief in my conversion to christianity but now there back to make the problem even worse its like ocd is moving from topic to topic at some point in my life i had medical anxiety i would start to think or search if i have a certain disease. How do i deal with doubts i know deep down that i care and beleive and i want that but these thoughts are making me feel uneasy and uncertain about anything and there timing is making me question everything and whether i beleived in the first place .

Dear brother,
Despite your thoughts or not your own thoughts, you need hope !

This is what we have heard:
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: -Lamentations 3:21

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; -Lamentations 3:22

they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. -Lamentations 3:23

"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in Him." -Lamentations 3:24

Meditate His words and be filled with the hope that comes from the Lord.

I desire that you find hope and comfort in His words. Then you can find relief in your distress. May the Lord’s righteousness bring you out of all your distress.

Hold onto His words of hope, brother.
May God bring you a mighty deliverance.

Upvote 0