• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

fear of hell

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i have religious OCD i get blasphemous thoughts and i have the fear of going to hell
i have medication that i take for it but its been getting worse for the last 2 months
the thoughts tell me am going to hell for my sins my sins are many and i have thoughts that tell me that i can never be forgiven

Am i going to hell ? if i dont live my life like Jesus wants me to am going to hell its fills my head all day and all night
sleeping i find hard to settle and am too scared to sleep on my own in my bed room i have to sleep on the sofa until my husband is ready for bed i have to have music on so i can sleep as well for some reason am too scared to sleep without it
i have teddies that i hug because with out them am too scared to sleep ( i know that sound child like i am an 40 year old female adult ) I pray over and over because if am not praying i feel that i am failing Jesus and ill go to hell
i dont know whats happened in the last 2 months nothing big has happened but i have noticed my mental health getting worse and am unstable doing things like self injuring a lot more than i normally do being obsessed about going to hell
i only just started to read the bible because i am scared of parts of it i know the story of Jesus and i know other stories in the old testament its taken me 40 years to read Revelations as i was too scared to

looking for something to help me but i dont know what will

may God bless you all ...

• Prayers
Reactions: faythymns

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you have real, true Love in your heart, a kind and caring, loving heart, and believe in Christ, no, you ARE NOT GOING TO HELL, dear...

The enemy may be after your heart right now, do not lose it, and you'll be fine, regardless of your sins, if your not intentionally sinning in the way of setting out to purposely and intentionally hurt and harm others, cause that would conflict with Love...

Love covers a multitude of sins, try to remember that, OK?

Try to let go of the Fear, OK?

Hell is not a literal fire anyhow, it is metaphorical, but is a very horrible place to go and be in, but, if you follow what I said, you won't go there, K?

Going to pray for you, OK?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
John 5 has significance here regarding you having eternal life NOW in the SON.
24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

John 5 and John 6 are good reads for example you can not come to Christ unless the Father draws you.
And the work of God in your life, is that you believe in His Son Christ.

21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. 22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, 23 that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Life and Judgment Are Through the Son
24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. 25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. 30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 2.14-15:

"...as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he (the Lord Jesus) also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage."

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 10:9 couldn't be more clearer If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

The person who believes these things shall have eternal life. If you know these things to be true that jesus is Lord and God raised him from the dead you will be saved. Simple as that.

Upvote 0

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
i have religious OCD i get blasphemous thoughts and i have the fear of going to hell
i have medication that i take for it but its been getting worse for the last 2 months
the thoughts tell me am going to hell for my sins my sins are many and i have thoughts that tell me that i can never be forgiven

Am i going to hell ? if i dont live my life like Jesus wants me to am going to hell its fills my head all day and all night
sleeping i find hard to settle and am too scared to sleep on my own in my bed room i have to sleep on the sofa until my husband is ready for bed i have to have music on so i can sleep as well for some reason am too scared to sleep without it
i have teddies that i hug because with out them am too scared to sleep ( i know that sound child like i am an 40 year old female adult ) I pray over and over because if am not praying i feel that i am failing Jesus and ill go to hell
i dont know whats happened in the last 2 months nothing big has happened but i have noticed my mental health getting worse and am unstable doing things like self injuring a lot more than i normally do being obsessed about going to hell
i only just started to read the bible because i am scared of parts of it i know the story of Jesus and i know other stories in the old testament its taken me 40 years to read Revelations as i was too scared to

You appear to have underlying issues, and should seek professional help from a reputable Counsellor. You should also examine your diet and try to eat healthy foods if you aren't already doing so, and do exercise, even if it's taking the dog for a walk. Try taking off your shoes and walking across the garden, as this helps humans to feel grounded.

Have your hubby give you a nice foot massage before bedtime, make you a hot chocolate drink or just listen to your fears. A problem shared is a problem halved.

As others have said, GOD is Love and Mercy, He knows your mental state, and knows what's in your heart, so try and not to worry.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

It is an awful struggle. I would suggest going at least one chapter per day, starting from the beginning of one book (You can start at Genesis or pick one like I went chapter by chapter in Luke for a while). So you do read some but are not overwhelmed. It is hard not to obsess over the frightening passages but you also need to remember God's mercies.

Upvote 0

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
It is an awful struggle. I would suggest going at least one chapter per day, starting from the beginning of one book (You can start at Genesis or pick one like I went chapter by chapter in Luke for a while). So you do read some but are not overwhelmed. It is hard not to obsess over the frightening passages but you also need to remember God's mercies.
:sunglasses: That colour

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Remember when Pharoah set the Hebrews free then pursued them .. When I went through what you're going through I used it to get in God's Word and learn it , to use it for comfort and strength .. Learn to suit yourself up with the full armor of God, apply the Word .. You will come out fine and strong ..

Upvote 0

surrender1

Jun 1, 2011
✟20,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sorry to hear about your fear struggles! Sounds like you need to get some professional help with that, so don't delay on that. But as far as hell and the Revelation, there are some things you should know. Hell is mentioned only once in the NT by Peter ("Tartarus") and it's described as an abode for fallen angles awaiting judgment (so "hell" is not for humans at all). Gehenna, often wrongly translated "hell", is mentioned 12 times in the NT (11 times by Jesus) and it's in reference to a valley outside Jerusalem that had become a common symbol of God's divine punishment on an unrepentant Israel. (So technically, Jesus never once mentions hell and if it were so important, he would have). As prophets do, Jesus was warning Israel that she needed to repent or God would withdraw his protective hand and allow a foreign nation invade, which is exactly what happened in AD 70 when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and set it on fire. It was written by at least one Jewish historian that many dead Jews (those who did not heed Jesus' words and flee Judea when the armies surrounded them) were thrown into a burning heap in the Valley of Gehenna. This view of hell (i.e. a place of torment where lower god Satan rules) is borrowed from our Greek friends (i.e. Greek god Hades as ruler in the underworld) is not biblical and must be rejected.
The Revelation is a warning to Israel of what would happen to her if she did not repent. The majority of it has already taken place in AD 70 during the destruction of Jerusalem.
God loves you. He doesn't want you to sin because it only hurts you (& sometimes others). God has nothing but love for you.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Every form of sickness and disease the root is satan.
Many people get blasphemous thoughts but they are imaginations going against the knowledge of christ that we are told to cast down. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
The only way we can get rid of the voices is to speak against them in the name of JESUS.
( 2 Timothy 1:7 ) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

We have a sound mind in the name of JESUS. It would be good for you to get hands laid on you by Spirit filled people as well. ( Mark 16:17-18 )

reading Psalms 18 out aloud continuously gives strength to the body and mind as well.

Just know the only thoughts that are yours are the ones you agree to.
The thoughts do leave overtime with MASSIVE prayer and fasting.
If the voices start speaking against the Holy Spirit. You can look on youtube under "blasphemous thoughts" to get some help and read my link.

The Secrets of The Gospel: How to overcome fear of Matt 12:31-32! <--- link here

Upvote 0