New York
✟12,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This kind of piggy backs off my last post. But, Satan keeps on putting fears into my mind and it sticks there in my brain. I call out and pray to God to help me but that fear keeps coming back and it is severely breaking me down. Do any of you have any advice?

• Prayers
Reactions: Babe Ruth

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
If this continues, then it might be time for you to see your physician or talk to a mental health expert. I am not very big myself on Satan doing things to us, though I admit that anything is possible. There is no magic bullet that works for everyone. Why not try memorizing and repeating throughout the day things like the 23rd Psalm, the Lord's Prayer, the Jesus Prayer, etc. Please give that a try. The Jesus Prayer has been used for centuries in the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Eastern Rite Catholic Churches. It is a short prayer, but still very profound. "Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This kind of piggy backs off my last post. But, Satan keeps on putting fears into my mind and it sticks there in my brain. I call out and pray to God to help me but that fear keeps coming back and it is severely breaking me down. Do any of you have any advice?

When attacked listening to the Word has helped me.

new-clothes-new-life-armor-of-god.jpg

Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Been there and done that to the point of not being able to leave the house my friend. When the fears would come I learned to relax and Pray a Prayer of praise and thanks for the fears of the past that did me NO harm. Still alive, still belong to Jesus, still going to Heaven for an eternity. After a while all those fears became fears of the past that could no longer affect my future and Christ took their place. God bless you...

Upvote 0

Caleb22

Hello
Dec 27, 2017
New York
✟12,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Been there and done that to the point of not being able to leave the house my friend. When the fears would come I learned to relax and Pray a Prayer of praise and thanks for the fears of the past that did me NO harm. Still alive, still belong to Jesus, still going to Heaven for an eternity. After a while all those fears became fears of the past that could no longer affect my future and Christ took their place. God bless you...
This is just what I need thank you! I just need to find hope in the darkest times of my life and trust that Jesus can help me and that I CAN get through this.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
There is something else that you could try. It is called the practice of the presence of God. Imagine that God is close by you throughout the day, because God is everywhere you know. If you want to think of Jesus sitting by you or standing by you, that is fine.

Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
This is just what I need thank you! I just need to find hope in the darkest times of my life and trust that Jesus can help me and that I CAN get through this.
You will get through it my friend and you'll get so much closer to Jesus who loves you more than words can ever describe. He'll show you that yesterday's fears did absolutely nothing to hurt you and today's fears have been replaced by His love. ☺

Reactions: Caleb22
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

God has given you more than desperate pleas to Him to help you face your fears. In particular, He has given you one offensive weapon: The Sword of the Spirit, the word of God. (Eph. 6:17) Why is Scripture a "sword"? Because it cuts down the lies, the false beliefs, the illusions that often hide within our fears, and sins, and obsessions. These false beliefs, illusions, and lies may come at us from Satan, and when they do, they are many times tailored by him to press upon us where we have already adopted his deceptions as truth and are consequently weakened and vulnerable. God's truth, His word, exposes these lies, it pierces the deceptions and illusions we have fallen under, and shows us the way out of their terrible grip.

So, then, what does God's word have to say about fear? What does it have to say about the particular fear(s) with which you're wrestling? Do you know? If not, you need to find out!

God intends His truth to be solid ground, an anchor, a shining wall of protection against the lies of the Evil One. Scripture is only these things for us when we stand on it, unmovable, in faith believing what God has said rather than what we may feel or even experience. Here's a couple of verses I'd suggest you ponder and memorize:

2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind

2 Thessalonians 3:3
3 But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The world is a scary place. The power of Satan in our lives is real enough.
I don't know that it is possible to not feel something through willing yourself not to feel it. Fear is kind of like pain that way. If nothing else in the world can be known to be real and true and not a figment of your imagination, pain is something that just cannot be denied.
It is there, and the feelings of pain are as real as anything can be.

Evil is like that too; its presence in our world really cannot be denied, and that is scary to contemplate.
Doctors often have a pill that can be given to make the pain and/or the fear a little less overwhelming. But it is not crazy in the least to feel fear in this world.

The best way to deal with fear in this world is to approach what you are afraid of a little at a time, from a positon of control. Find a safe place, maybe the arms of a lover or a friend who is there for you, and walk yourself through, bit by bit, to confronting what you are most afraid of. When it gets too much, go back to your safe space, and then when you are ready approach the object of your fear again, get as close as you can without feeling overwhelmed, until you feel nothing. Then approach a few steps closer.
We all have to teach ourselves how to be brave. Facing your worst fears is the path to courage, and that is something that you do in increments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hmmm .... it is hard to tell what situation you are going through. I am not God so can't say why it is happening. But I will give you some advice based upon experience.

a) Some times God allows us to go through these situations, and help in not forthcoming immediately, in those situations he wants us to keep trusting him, and his word that His plans for us are for good. In these situations it may take a while but God will eventually free us.

b) The other situation, is God is wanting us to activate faith, the bible says if we can believe God for a thing we can have it, this includes freedom from fear. Jesus became a curse for us that we can be free from all curses.

What ever situation you are going through, God will free you from your fears.

Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
God has given you more than desperate pleas to Him to help you face your fears. In particular, He has given you one offensive weapon: The Sword of the Spirit, the word of God. (Eph. 6:17) Why is Scripture a "sword"? Because it cuts down the lies, the false beliefs, the illusions that often hide within our fears, and sins, and obsessions. These false beliefs, illusions, and lies may come at us from Satan, and when they do, they are many times tailored by him to press upon us where we have already adopted his deceptions as truth and are consequently weakened and vulnerable. God's truth, His word, exposes these lies, it pierces the deceptions and illusions we have fallen under, and shows us the way out of their terrible grip.

So, then, what does God's word have to say about fear? What does it have to say about the particular fear(s) with which you're wrestling? Do you know? If not, you need to find out!

God intends His truth to be solid ground, an anchor, a shining wall of protection against the lies of the Evil One. Scripture is only these things for us when we stand on it, unmovable, in faith believing what God has said rather than what we may feel or even experience. Here's a couple of verses I'd suggest you ponder and memorize:

2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind

2 Thessalonians 3:3
3 But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.
[/QU
Well said my friend! We have nothing without the Word. No life. No salvation. Nothing! "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us " says it all . Stay in God's Word is staying in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Caleb22

Hello
Dec 27, 2017
New York
✟12,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The world is a scary place. The power of Satan in our lives is real enough.
I don't know that it is possible to not feel something through willing yourself not to feel it. Fear is kind of like pain that way. If nothing else in the world can be known to be real and true and not a figment of your imagination, pain is something that just cannot be denied.
It is there, and the feelings of pain are as real as anything can be.

Evil is like that too; its presence in our world really cannot be denied, and that is scary to contemplate.
Doctors often have a pill that can be given to make the pain and/or the fear a little less overwhelming. But it is not crazy in the least to feel fear in this world.

The best way to deal with fear in this world is to approach what you are afraid of a little at a time, from a positon of control. Find a safe place, maybe the arms of a lover or a friend who is there for you, and walk yourself through, bit by bit, to confronting what you are most afraid of. When it gets too much, go back to your safe space, and then when you are ready approach the object of your fear again, get as close as you can without feeling overwhelmed, until you feel nothing. Then approach a few steps closer.
We all have to teach ourselves how to be brave. Facing your worst fears is the path to courage, and that is something that you do in increments.
I can block of the fear when I wake up and later on. But at around 4:30-5:00 that's when Satan likes to hit me, it knocks me on my butt and I loose hope, and that hope is hard to regain. I often think about why it happens since I have been seeking his help and how long it will take ahead of me during that moment. I feel like music is the type of thing that helps me the most, so if you also have any songs that are good that helps as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I can block of the fear when I wake up and later on. But at around 4:30-5:00 that's when Satan likes to hit me, it knocks me on my butt and I loose hope, and that hope is hard to regain. I often think about why it happens since I have been seeking his help and how long it will take ahead of me during that moment. I feel like music is the type of thing that helps me the most, so if you also have any songs that are good that helps as well.
You and I are in good company as most folks don't know this, but Martin Luther had a very similar problem he carried for many years. He invoked/said the name of Jesus over and over again in order to rid himself of his problem and I suggest you do the same. Jesus is the most powerful name/Word in the universe my friend and the demons will flee from His name. When it starts again call upon the name of Jesus. God bless you and Happy New year...

Upvote 0

Caleb22

Hello
Dec 27, 2017
New York
✟12,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You and I are in good company as most folks don't know this, but Martin Luther had a very similar problem he carried for many years. He invoked/said the name of Jesus over and over again in order to rid himself of his problem and I suggest you do the same. Jesus is the most powerful name/Word in the universe my friend and the demons will flee from His name. When it starts again call upon the name of Jesus. God bless you and Happy New year...
God has been speaking to me when I was down. I learned that when Satan knocks me down, to bounce back up and praise his name even louder because his love never fails and he is with me!!! I am no match for Satan, but the Lord is! 2018 is going to be the year that I follow God with all my heart! Happy New Year to you and God bless you! :amen::clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has been speaking to me when I was down. I learned that when Satan knocks me down, to bounce back up and praise his name even louder because his love never fails and he is with me!!! I am no match for Satan, but the Lord is! 2018 is going to be the year that I follow God with all my heart!
Amen! Although we are no match for Satan, Satan is no match for the God inside us!

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Yes.
1) What is the fear? Or, I am fearful of?
2) Why do I have the fear?

Upvote 0