Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Crooked Hillary says we must call on Saudi Arabia and other countries to stop funding hate," Trump wrote on June 13, 2016. "I am calling on her to immediately return the $25 million plus she got from them for the Clinton Foundation!"

About 300,000 people responded to that post, and it was shared more than 56,000 times. We wanted to know if Trump’s $25 million figure was correct.

We soon found that independently confirming information about the Clinton foundation is challenging at best.

Nonprofits, such as the Clinton Foundation, have nearly no obligation to publicly reveal who gives them money. They might need to tell a government agency, but the details remain confidential.

We asked the Trump campaign for proof and they didn’t get back to us. The only thing we found from the campaign was a list that included broad-range figures of the Saudi donations to the foundation, along with donations from an unnamed group of "Friends of Saudi Arabia."

Trump can’t prove that he’s right. But by the same token, it’s just about as difficult to prove conclusively that he’s wrong.

So, yet another unsupported accusation by Trump. Is it any wonder one of the most common words Americans associate with him is "liar?"

9. What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump? (Numbers are not percentages. Figures show the number of times each response was given. This table reports only words that were mentioned at least five times.)
idiot 39
incompetent 31
liar 30
QU Poll Release Detail

(top three choices shown)

And a foundation supported by his daughter got contributions from Saudi Arabia.

It's illegal for a campaign to get, or even solicit anything of value from a foreign government. Which is why Donnie Trump Jr. (and possibly Donald Trump himself) are in big trouble. And it's why Hillary isn't in any trouble at all.

I said not legal, I think you misread that.

Also the reason Hillary isn't in trouble is because the FBI is definitely biased. Otherwise the email scandal would have been pushed further.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I said not legal, I think you misread that.

No, I pointed out that it wasn't just money. Anything of value would be illegal. This is why Donnie Jr. and maybe his dad are in trouble.

Also the reason Hillary isn't in trouble is because the FBI is definitely biased.

Just before the election, the FBI announced that she was being investigated, and didn't tell us that they had no evidence that she committed a crime until after the election. That's biased, but not the way you want us to believe.

Otherwise the email scandal would have been pushed further.

The republicans in Congress spent years and tens of millions of our tax dollars, trying to make it into a scandal. And in the end, they had to admit that there was no evidence of a crime. That's the primary difference between the email investigation and the Russiagate scandal; in the latter, there were real criminals, committing real crimes and the FBI getting real convictions.

The operative word is "real."

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trump claims he was tougher on Russia than any recent president, but he takes Putin's side against his own intelligence people, changes the republican party platform to suit Putin, and says he had no reason to believe the Russians meddled in U.S. elections.

And now he says he's going to do Putin's bidding and leave Syria.

Who's dumb enough to think that's "tough?"

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Trump claims he was tougher on Russia than any recent president, but he takes Putin's side against his own intelligence people, changes the republican party platform to suit Putin, and says he had no reason to believe the Russians meddled in U.S. elections.

And now he says he's going to do Putin's bidding and leave Syria.

Who's dumb enough to think that's "tough?"

Sadly, 37% of Americans still approve of the job he is doing.

Trump’s disapproval rating higher since shutdown began: poll

Upvote 0