• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

FBI: Black Identity Extremists Bigger Threat than Al Qaeda or White Supremacists

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Veritas, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veritas

Veritas 1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism

+2,579
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+14,830
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Seriously disagree.

3. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+14,888
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Who?

4. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+3,110
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    Yes, because it's the "black identity extremists" who are shooting up schools and bombing government buildings....

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. LaBèlla

LaBèlla His little lady

+2,825
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It wouldn’t be hard to convince people to join a cause and use it against them later on. I don’t trust any of them. We saw something similar one week ago with Q-Anon. They can keep the carrot. I’m not biting.

6. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,611
    Methodist
    Married
    Oops! That doesn't fit the news media narrative very well. Of course, Newsweek may have exaggerated just a little.

When I went to the Young Turks website, they are only claiming the documents show that such extremists were considered a major threat, not that they were the biggest threat. Interestingly, they also point out that the FBI under Trump has lumped racially motivated extremists into a single category in order to satisfy congress which objected to the racially divisive terminology.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,406
    Non-Denom
    Single
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. GoldenBoy89

+14,888
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Wouldn’t it be easier and less divisive to just say extremists of any kind are a threat and dangerous?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,406
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It would be, but it just doesn't fit the narrative of white people being the problem, and especially the idea that Trump is at the heart of it all. Gotta ride that narrative all the way to the election. Otherwise, you are correct that it would be easier and less devisive to leave race out of it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • List
  10. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,838
    Christian
    Married
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. TuxAme

TuxAme Quis ut Deus? Supporter

+3,197
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    Depends on what the definition of "threat" is. While white supremacists and Al Qaeda don't have much support here in the US, black supremacists are gaining sympathy every day, and it's demonstrated by the media and many in Congress (though it's always denied).

• List
  12. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,593
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    While I find it quite doubtful the left needs help, I seriously doubt this "leaked document" is real..

The FBI has put out a 2019 edition of how to spot the homegrown terrorist for public consumption and I doubt they are spreading secret documents saying be afraid of x group participants...

Once more, anyone (or many many people) myself included have the software and the ability to create very authentic looking internal "FBI" documents... and they can be whipped up without any effort or much time spent, at all..

Therefore, I really don't trust anything that doesn't come from official sources such as the FBI website and so on and so forth..

In the age of "clicks matter, not fact" I am not very trusting of anything that screams propaganda..

everyone would do well to be extra careful of believing things just because it confirms something we may already think possible because the propaganda has taken flight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,838
    Christian
    Married
    You mean "black separatists" (at worst). There aren't any black supremacists.

14. SammyClifnote

SammyClifnote New Member

+77
    United States
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Looks kinda like this is the Trump administration wish list. Remember, so far the vast majority of domestic terrorism body count is firmly related to right wing extremists.

Has been for over a decade.

Remember at Charlottesville when Trump found good people on both sides, only ONE SIDE actually murdered anyone. And you can probably remember which side that was.

15. SammyClifnote

SammyClifnote New Member

+77
    United States
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Black Supremacists. That's funny.

Is that the term people use for when black people ask for the same respect as white people?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. GoldenBoy89

+14,888
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Weird then that the FBI would go for the divisive race angle instead.

17. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+11,697
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
  18. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+8,429
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
  19. variant

variant Happy Cat

+3,986
    Agnostic
    Single
    Well. I guess we can see why they have been dropping the ball on the white supremacists.

20. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+1,111
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You should do a little research. There are quite a few groups out there and the funny thing about some of them is they associate with the white groups because of their mutual hatred of Jews and homosexuals. :doh:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.