Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
FBI arrests Nashville zip-tie suspect from assault on U.S. Capitol
ErF_-mtW8AEeVTW

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — A self-described "hidden patriot" from Nashville, outed on social media as a rioter who invaded the U.S. Senate chambers Wednesday with a weapon and zip-tie handcuffs, was arrested Sunday on federal charges, NewsChannel 5 has learned.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gloves to cover up his antifa hammer/sickle tattoos?
Clearly he was deep cover like Babbitt with years of pro-Trump posts on the record just to cover his true allegiances!

Sigh.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I must say that I am relived from reading about him as it knocked in the head a theory that was starting to make sense to me. That being there were mercenaries or other professionals hiding among the cosplaytriots with an actual plan for capturing members of congress and not just a riotous seditious mob with ill intent but no coordinated plan to make it manifest.

He cut a striking figure in the picture but turns out to just be a cosplaytriot bar employee. Glad to not get another awful called it moment. Granted there is still time for the president to pardon all the rioters but moving on....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Press release from the DOJ:

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Two men were charged today in federal court in the District of Columbia in connection with the riots at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021.

Larry Rendell Brock, of Texas, was charged with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. Brock was arrested today in Texas.

It is alleged that Brock was identified as one of the individuals who unlawfully entered the U.S. Capitol wearing a green helmet, green tactical vest with patches, black and camo jacket, and beige pants holding a white flex cuff, which is used by law enforcement to restrain and/or detain subjects.

These cases are being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Counterterrorism Section of the DOJ’s National Security Division...

Emphasis mine.

In normal cases I would say that this man is in so far over his head its not funny.

This is not a normal case.

Upvote 0

Zergling Rush

Sep 23, 2004
✟18,626.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps in life he's found people dont listen to him properly unless he applies the restraints?

Well I'd say he will have ample time to share his many stories with his cell mate soon

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I must say that I am relived from reading about him as it knocked in the head a theory that was starting to make sense to me. That being there were mercenaries or other professionals hiding among the cosplaytriots with an actual plan for capturing members of congress and not just a riotous seditious mob with ill intent but no coordinated plan to make it manifest.

He cut a striking figure in the picture but turns out to just be a cosplaytriot bar employee. Glad to not get another awful called it moment. Granted there is still time for the president to pardon all the rioters but moving on....

From what I heard, it was his cosplaytriot costume that made him so easily recognizable.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Bragging about it in a bar afterwards didn't help.

Criminal mastermind, he is not.

On the plus side, at least he's not the guy crying in the airport about being on the no-fly list for being part of the mob...or was he?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Criminal mastermind, he is not.

On the plus side, at least he's not the guy crying in the airport about being on the no-fly list for being part of the mob...or was he?
I saw that video early this afternoon and assuming that it was posted rather quickly the timeline does not fit for him being denied boarding and making it back home to Nashville to be arrested and booked around 3pm.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I saw that video early this afternoon and assuming that it was posted rather quickly the timeline does not fit for him being denied boarding and making it back home to Nashville to be arrested and booked around 3pm.

What a shame... that would've been the icing on the schadenfreude.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
You really have to wonder about the overall intelligence (lack thereof) of the folks that actually entered the Capitol building. You'd think they would have realized that such an incursion would be investigated by the FBI and every police agency in the country. Some of them even posted their crimes on Facebook and such. Sheesh. What a bunch of putzes.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Press release from the DOJ:

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Two men were charged today in federal court in the District of Columbia in connection with the riots at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021.

Larry Rendell Brock, of Texas, was charged with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. Brock was arrested today in Texas.

It is alleged that Brock was identified as one of the individuals who unlawfully entered the U.S. Capitol wearing a green helmet, green tactical vest with patches, black and camo jacket, and beige pants holding a white flex cuff, which is used by law enforcement to restrain and/or detain subjects.

These cases are being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Counterterrorism Section of the DOJ’s National Security Division...

Emphasis mine.

In normal cases I would say that this man is in so far over his head its not funny.

This is not a normal case.

I predict he'll be court-martialed by the Air Force for the separate military charges of violating several UCMJ articles. They'll want to strip him of his retirement pay and benefits.

Edit: Brock might slip out of the Air Force's clutches. I didn't realize initially that he's retired Air Force Reserves, not retired regular Air Force. They're treated a bit differently. But we'll see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0