✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Morning all,

Yesterday at church it was amazing as we sang the hymn 'seek ye first the kingdom of the Lord', some sang descant and it's such a peaceful one.
I actually sometimes read hymns, as they say what I cannot put into words. Especially when I need soothing, can't sleep after a tough day.
For me singing hymns with others is magical, that pure worship together. I imagine finally in heaven we shall spend eternity singing to the glory of God. I can't wait!
I've chosen ' Abide with me' as one of my own funeral hymns, it is to me the most sobering one. It's scary actually, the words 'life's little day' brings home the brevity of this life. But I have so many favourites. Just like scripture itself, the words have great inbuilt power.
What are your favourites?

I have 'songs of praise' CDs which I quietly play while doing my chores. I especially love Welsh Male voice choirs. Beautiful voices uplifted to the Lord.

Reactions: Alicia Schout

Alicia Schout

Aug 17, 2017
Netherlands
✟52,769.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Morning all,

Yesterday at church it was amazing as we sang the hymn 'seek ye first the kingdom of the Lord', some sang descant and it's such a peaceful one.
I actually sometimes read hymns, as they say what I cannot put into words. Especially when I need soothing, can't sleep after a tough day.

For me singing hymns with others is magical, that pure worship together. I imagine finally in heaven we shall spend eternity singing to the glory of God. I can't wait!
I've chosen ' Abide with me' as one of my own funeral hymns, it is to me the most sobering one. It's scary actually, the words 'life's little day' brings home the brevity of this life. But I have so many favourites. Just like scripture itself, the words have great inbuilt power.
What are your favourites?

I have 'songs of praise' CDs which I quietly play while doing my chores. I especially love Welsh Male voice choirs. Beautiful voices uplifted to the Lord.

I don't have any favourite. But I know the hymns you mentioned. Seek first the Kingdow of God is really uplifting for me too. God bless you. Where can I find some hymns like those uplifting hymns on youtube?

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't have any favourite. But I know the hymns you mentioned. Seek first the Kingdow of God is really uplifting for me too. God bless you. Where can I find some hymns like those uplifting hymns on youtube?
Seek Ye First is often sung in harmony, in plainsong. :)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Great is They Faithfulness' by (Thomas O Chisholm) 'Great is Thy faithfulness ,O God my Father. There is no shadow of turning with Thee. Thou changest not. Thy compassions they fail not . As Thou hast been Thou forever shalt be. Great is Thy Faithfulness. Great is Thy Faithfulness. Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Your hand has provided. Great is Thy Faithfulness dear LORD to me'

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
'Great is They Faithfulness' by (Thomas O Chisholm) 'Great is Thy faithfulness ,O God my Father. There is no shadow of turning with Thee. Thou changest not. Thy compassions they fail not . As Thou hast been Thou forever shalt be. Great is Thy Faithfulness. Great is Thy Faithfulness. Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Your hand has provided. Great is Thy Faithfulness dear LORD to me'

Fanny crosby? Great hymn writer. Blind from birth and what a woman!

• Friendly
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0