• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Favorite Worship Song?

Discussion in 'Worship Ministry' started by BirdBrain27, Jun 25, 2019.

1. BirdBrain27

BirdBrain27 New Member

+15
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Why do you like it and what’s the message you get from the song?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sam91

Sam91 Child of the Living God Supporter

+6,790
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private

I love this because it is a stark reminder of the Gospel, what Christ did and how I couldn't do it. It speaks to me of His love and the importance of it all.

3. Sam91

Sam91 Child of the Living God Supporter

+6,790
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private

This one because it reminds me that He has the victory and deserves all praise.

The line 'Oh trampled death where is your sting?' fills me with joy. Two years ago my brother died. He died 2 days after his baptism. God knew what would happen and saved my brother first. I remember finding out about his death and looking at a picture my daughter had coloured in saying 'Trust God!' In that moment I knew there was little to fear in this world because God is with me in every circumstance. By Sunday I was soooo thankful that I could rejoice that my brother was where I want to be, in Heaven praising my Saviour. My brother is living my ambition. Where is the sting? For one of His children there is only gain. Hallelujah! Praise the name of Lord our God, Praise His name forever. For endless days we will sing His praise! Oh Lord, oh Lord our God.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Monk Brendan

Monk Brendan Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,707
    United States
    Melkite Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    The Trisagion and its replacements are nice.

So are the Paschal Troparion and The Angel Cried.

5. tryphena rose

tryphena rose Daughter of the Most High

+203
    United States
    Christian
    Engaged
    US-Republican

I really enjoy this song a lot because it's taken directly from Psalm 27. It fills me with much peace and since it's such a mellow song, I especially enjoy it in times of prayer or study. :sparklingheart:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  6. tryphena rose

tryphena rose Daughter of the Most High

+203
    United States
    Christian
    Engaged
    US-Republican

Sorry, I hope you don't mind me posting two songs here as I felt I should have posted this one first because I would say this one I use more during worship to the Lord. It's the same artist, but rather a band he's in called Rivers & Robots.

"You are the Prince of Peace
    You’re our great high priest
    You have made a way for me
    You have set me free
    I’ve found freedom in You Jesus
    There is nothing in between us."
    :heart:

7. Monksailor

Monksailor Active Member Supporter

+146
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    "When I Can't Speak" sung by Julie Yardley written by Tyler Castleton. This is a great song because it resonates Ro 8:26-27 so beautifully where it talks about the Spirit interceding for us when we don't know what to pray. I cannot find any studio production of this song free online. There is one video of Julie singing it in a living room somewhere while she plays the piano but the recording sounds like it was done on a cassette deck with only mono and some mechanical clicking and she is still developing it. No orchestral background as on the studio production we are familiar with. And her voice is SO much better sounding on a good quality reproduction system. Here's an I-tunes link if you can't place the song this short piece of it should remind you: ‎"When I Can't Speak" from When I Can't Speak - The Music of Tyler Castleton by Tyler Castleton on iTunes
    I first heard this on Pandora on the Selah channel. But looking for it I found a channel actually in the name of the song, "When I can't Speak" You can hear it there periodically. Meredith Andrews is singing "Draw Me Nearer Lord" on it right now. Being sung right now!8:36pm

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  8. Monksailor

Monksailor Active Member Supporter

+146
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh! I am so sorry. "Worship" song. Well, this would be a beautiful worship song. I think everyone in the house would have tears running down their cheeks in worship of Him as they sang.

9. HouseCat71

HouseCat71 .

+97
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Mighty Cross by Elevation Worship. just listen to the words....wow. Wonderful reminder what it's all about.

10. HarvestTheFields

HarvestTheFields Great White North

+307
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    My favourite is probably :
    King of My Heart by Sarah and John McMillan. It's very comforting - and it can help to bring peace during times of hardship.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]
    [/COLOR]