United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ran across this one the other day and I really liked it:

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than.... a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so (expletive) what."

Lately I've really been meditating on the dichotomy between actions and words, and this has really struck a chord with me. Words have become so empty and useless, since so many people have started talking.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"The gospel isn’t only what we accept; the Gospel is also what we extend.

The grace we’ve received from the heart of God is the grace that extends our arms to the world."~Ann Voskamp

and

“…. it is certain that the Christian does grow in grace.

And though his conflict may be as severe in the last day of his life as in the first moment of conversion, yet he does advance in grace —

and all his imperfections and his conflicts within cannot prove that he has not made progress.”

~ Charles Spurgeon

"Christianity isn’t about growing good, it’s about growing grace-filled – Christ-like."~Ann Voskamp

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
10850251_4934525296255_5884865227377563251_n.jpg

Upvote 0

romanseight2005

May 23, 2015
✟7,627.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
“Even as the angry vengeful thoughts boiled through me, I saw the sin of them. Jesus Christ had died for this man; was I going to ask for more? Lord Jesus, I prayed, forgive me and help me to forgive him....Jesus, I cannot forgive him. Give me your forgiveness....And so I discovered that it is not on our forgiveness any more than on our goodness that the world's healing hinges, but on his. When he tells us to love our enemies, he gives along with the command, the love itself.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cordelia

Temperamental Girl of God
Apr 14, 2004
Leeds, United Kingdom
✟10,155.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
"I'd rather align myself with a loving Atheist than a hateful Christian. If you aren't living love, I don't care what you call yourself."~ Twitter comment by John Pavlovitz

Great stuff!

Upvote 0

romanseight2005

May 23, 2015
✟7,627.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
"Jesus is the embodiment and personification of empathy. The essence of Christianity is to be a presence in the world that brings freedom to the oppressed and healing to the broken. My prayer is that every one of us, at the Abolition summit this year, would encounter the heart of Jesus in this way."
Benjamin Nolot

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
“Thomas Merton said it was actually dangerous to put the Scriptures in the hands of people whose inner self is not yet sufficiently awakened to encounter the Spirit, because they will try to use God for their own egocentric purposes. (This is why religion is so subject to corruption!)"~Richard Rohr

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

justineubanks

Follower of Christ
Sep 24, 2008
South Alabama
✟15,247.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
7 Things to Quit right now:

1-Trying to please everyone.
2-Fearing change.
3-Living in the past.
4-Beating yourself up.
5-Blaming others.
6-Making excuses.
7-Whining and complaining.

Stop doing these 7 things and watch the positive changes begin to take place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

accelerator

Dec 11, 2016
Noord Holland
✟15,230.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Loving kindness, Righteousness, Justice, Peace, Wisdom, Truth & Freedom - Manifested in the Christ's Spirit.... as... the Seven Spirits of God..........

"And in LOVING KINDNESS a throne will certainly be firmly established; and one must sit down upon it in TRUENESS in the tent of David, judging and seeking JUSTICE and being prompt in RIGHTEOUSNESS. We have heard of the pride of your rulers, that they are very proud; their haughtiness and their pride - their empty talk will not be so."

"For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of PEACE. To the abundance of the princely rule and to PEACE there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to Establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of JUSTICE and by means of RIGHTEOUSNESS, from now on and to time indefinite. "

"And there must go forth a twig out of the stump of Jesse; and out of his roots a sprout will be fruitful. And upon him the SPIRIT OF GOD must settle down, the SPIRIT OF WISDOM and of understanding" "Now GOD IS THE SPIRIT; and where the SPIRIT OF GOD is, there is FREEDOM. And all of us, while we with unveiled faces reflect like mirrors the glory of God, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, exactly as done by God the SPIRIT."

"When the helper arrives that I will send you from the Father, the SPIRIT OF THE TRUTH, which proceeds from the Father, that one will bear witness about me; "

Verses - Isaiah 16:5 + 9:6 + 11.1 & 2Corinthians 3:17 & John 15:26

The_Seven-Spirits_of_God_-_William_Blake_-_The_Apocalypse[1].jpg

Upvote 0

Edo2

Mar 25, 2017
Usa
✟27,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love is patient love is kind it does not envy it does not boast it is not proud it does not dishonor others it is not self seeking it is not easily angered it keeps no record of wrongs love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth it always protects always trust always hopes always perseveres. 1st corinthinians 13 verses 4-7

Faith consists of believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.

Upvote 0

Edo2

Mar 25, 2017
Usa
✟27,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this. It is a gift from god. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done so none of us can boast about it. For we are now gods masterpiece. He has created us a new in Christ Jesus so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2 8-10

You don't see you're perfect
You don't understand you're worth it
Or that beauty goes deeper than the surface
So to all the people hurting
Let Christ be your mirror help you see
A little bit clearer
The light that shines within
There is a hope waiting for you in the dark
You should know you are beautiful just the way you are

Upvote 0