Logan Musil

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There’s nothing I can do…On my own to find forgiveness…
I trust in Jesus, my great Deliverer…My strong Defender…
I trust in Jesus, blessed Redeemer…My Lord forever, oh yeah…
My Lord forever, the Holy One, whoa
THIRD DAY, TRUST IN JESUS

Upvote 0

Logan Musil

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rick Warren in his book The Purpose Driven Life...

“…Contrary to what many popular books, movies, and seminars tell you, you won’t discover your life’s meaning by looking within yourself. It is only in God that we discover our origin, our identity, our meaning, our purpose, our significance, and our destiny. Every other path leads to a dead end…[In fact, God] was thinking of you long before you ever thought about him, [and planned His purposes for your life] without your input!”

Upvote 0

Logan Musil

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him. His son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy of being called your son.’
But his father said to the servants, ‘Quick! Bring the finest robe in the house and put it on him. Get a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet. And kill the calf we have been fattening. We must celebrate with a feast, for this son of mine was dead and has now returned to life. He was lost, but now he is found.’ So the party began.
Luke 15

Upvote 0

Logan Musil

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
David Rhoades in his book Justification by Grace:

When you say, ‘you are forgiven’ you are dealing with the act, but not always with the shame that underlies the act. When you say ‘you are accepted’ . . . you address not only the sin but also the underlying shame for being the kind of person that would commit such a sin/crime. And you liberate the person from the tyranny of the system that caused the shame.

Upvote 0

Logan Musil

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd.
“Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?”
They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.
When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”
“No, Lord,” she said.
And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”
John 8: 3-11 (NLT)

Upvote 0

Logan Musil

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then they reached Jericho, and as Jesus and his disciples left town, a large crowd followed him. A blind beggar named Bartimaeus (son of Timaeus) was sitting beside the road. When Bartimaeus heard that Jesus of Nazareth was nearby, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
“Be quiet!” many of the people yelled at him.
But he only shouted louder, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
When Jesus heard him, he stopped and said, “Tell him to come here.”
So they called the blind man. “Cheer up,” they said. “Come on, he’s calling you!” Bartimaeus threw aside his coat, jumped up, and came to Jesus.
“What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked.
“My rabbi,” the blind man said, “I want to see!”
And Jesus said to him, “Go, for your faith has healed you.” Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus down the road.
Mark 10:46-52 (NLT)

Upvote 0

Logan Musil

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He was despised and rejected—
a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief.
We turned our backs on him and looked the other way.
He was despised, and we did not care.
Yet it was our weaknesses he carried;
it was our sorrows that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God,
a punishment for his own sins!
But he was pierced for our rebellion,
crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.
He was whipped so we could be healed.
All of us, like sheep, have strayed away.
We have left God’s paths to follow our own.
Yet the Lord laid on him
the sins of us all.
He was oppressed and treated harshly,
yet he never said a word.
He was led like a lamb to the slaughter.
And as a sheep is silent before the shearers,
he did not open his mouth.
Unjustly condemned,
he was led away.
No one cared that he died without descendants,
that his life was cut short in midstream.
But he was struck down
for the rebellion of my people.
He had done no wrong
and had never deceived anyone.
But he was buried like a criminal;
he was put in a rich man’s grave.
But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush him
and cause him grief.
Yet when his life is made an offering for sin,
he will have many descendants.
He will enjoy a long life,
and the Lord’s good plan will prosper in his hands.
Isaiah 53:3-10 (NLT)

Upvote 0

Logan Musil

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Robin Stockitt in his book Restoring the Shamed:

It is…Christ who not only understands our shamed condition but who has himself entered into the depths of shame for us. He has lowered himself down to the bottom of that poisoned well and drunk it dry.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Unconditional acceptance says, You are not me and I am not you. You get to be you and I get to be me in this relationship.” This does not mean you have to unconditionally accept one another’s behaviors. What it means is you do not control one another.~Danny Silk--from the book-Keep Your Love On

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Don't mistake Jesus for being a whacked -out, co-dependent person at the mercy of everybody's needs. If we truly want to live the Christian life Jesus modeled and we need to pay attention to the fact that He regularly set boundaries with many people. And by doing this He was able to dedicate His life to the one big "yes" and that was to live out of complete oneness and partnership with His Father. Boundaries were necessary for Him to do what His Father was doing.~Danny Silk

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Know what you stand for and know what you are willing to live and die for. Or anyone can persuade you of anything. Without knowing yourself, you have few boundaries about what you are willing or not willing to tolerate. Strengthen that belief system and set of values that you cherish. Then you will know what to do and how to act and not waver.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The reason Martin Luther King, Jr. 's ministry had such a great impact was because he and his followers found a way to step into their identity as powerful and free people without stepping into rebellion or hatred along the way. The same road lies ahead for empowerment of women in the church but it will require great courage"----Sheri Silk

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Their idols are like scarecrows in a melon patch, and they cannot speak; they have to be carried, for they cannot walk. Do not be afraid of them, for they cannot do evil, neither is it in them to do good."~Jeremiah 10:5

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Self-control is not the ability to say no to bad things. Self-control is the ability to say yes to something so completely that all other options are eliminated--including things that aren't necessarily bad in themselves but that would distract you from pursuing the thing that is most important and valuable to you.~Danny Silk

Upvote 0