• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Favorite thing about the Trump presidency?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by DZoolander, May 13, 2019.

1. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,654
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    You don't think he tweets an inordinate amount of time? How much golfing has he put in compared to others he maligned for golfing?

I'd like evidence that it is not. We know he does not give the government a discount for hotel rooms or meals that employees have to take in order to do their jobs attending him at his places of business. We also know that it is free advertising that the president may stop in at your wedding or function if you hold it in his business place while he is there - at one point, they actually put that in the brochure. When Donald holds functions at his hotel or at Mar-A-Lago, the money the places make, go into his pockets. We all know this because he did not divest of any of his businesses.

Chump change compared to the money he makes renting out his facilities to the government and to his campaign.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,654
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    That he indulges in excessive vanity tweeting does not contradict that he spends the minimum time possible working. He also campaigns a lot which takes time away from presidential duties (perhaps a good thing, all in all).

3. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+20,404
    Anglican
    Married
    Obama and the Clintons wouldn't spurn a check for almost a half million dollars. Of that you can be certain.

4. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+9,524
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Does the secret service pay them rent?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+5,460
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I like how he has unmasked the so-called Evangelical voting block for who they really are: Nationalists.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. iluvatar5150

+9,524
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I'm also in the camp of appreciating that he's forced so many groups into showing their true colors.

7. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+1,075
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    While his Presidency is 28-57% over, it might be as high as 70%!

8. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,523
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    My favorite thing about the Trump presidency (other than the laughs I get from Colbert, SNL, The Cartoon Presidency, etc.) is that he is 72 years old and leads an extremely unhealthy lifestyle. While it is obvious to me that he has been unfit to lead from his inauguration, he may become so unfit to lead due to his age and lifestyle that he would have to resign. At least there is a chance...

9. ArmenianJohn

ArmenianJohn Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist

+2,246
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Good summation. That's what I like about Trump also and I suspect a lot of people do as well.

Basically - he's an iconoclast.

I like that he's an outsider who infuriated the Republicans (before they were beaten by him and forced to bend the knee to him) and he infuriated corporate Democrats by beating them in a similar way to how they pushed through Hillary as their candidate (except Trump didn't cheat whereas Hillary did, but Trump did benefit from a lopsided electoral college to win despite the popular vote).

He shook things up. He (mostly unintentionally) drew out of people their hypocrisy. He forced people to show their true colors for mostly the bad about them. He puts his staunch supporters in the position of having to put their cognitive dissonance on blatant display for all to see and to pretend they don't see it still.

He sent a clear message for the voters, the message being that voters are fed up of the establishment-bought-and-paid-for pols on both sides of the aisle. He blew up Hillary's strategy of pushing him through as the Republican candidate because he'd be the "easiest" to beat.

This is why Trump doesn't infuriate me like he infuriates so many of my liberal friends. It's important that we got someone like him so our society can bleed out a lot of the garbage that would otherwise have gone another 4 years under the radar, behind whitewashing and facades that would not have been removed to reveal the ugly hiding behind it.

Now we know which evangelicals are hypocrites, which people are racists, which politicians are looking out for their own interests only, which big-money interests really run things, and so many more things that were completely or mostly hidden before.

We needed someone like him to come in and smash a lot of the phoniness, hubris, cognitive dissonance, arrogance, racism, hate, mammon-worship, shameless sinning, and much more by embodying those things himself to draw out the others like him. He did it, albeit unwittingly - he still did it. I don't think people realize how much we owe him for doing what he did (without even knowing he did it, lol).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,567
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders, is that you?

11. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+16,272
    Agnostic
    Single
    With his lifestyle, there's a possibility a myocardial infarction might save him the humiliation of resigning...

And, assuming the nation treats him better than he treats the dead, he'll finally get the parade in his honor he's always wanted.

12. Tigger45

Tigger45 St. Mark Supporter

+7,283
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Oh don’t worry about that. Weather pro or con there’ll be plenty of parades to go around............. :tutu::tutu::tutu:

13. Pommer

+1,075
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Yes, it’s generally a good idea to get the septic tank flushed, every now and again, though if one is using chum for the process, the results can be discouraging.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. iluvatar5150

+9,524
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I'm imagining an Elvis situation on the throne, but holding the TwitterPhone instead of a peanut butter and banana sandwich and a bottle of pills.

15. Pommer

+1,075
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    But there will NOT be a “Fat Donald” when the postage stamp comes out, in early 2020.

16. Pommer

+1,075
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Maybe you should contact Madame Tussaud’s!”

17. TLK Valentine

+16,272
    Agnostic
    Single
    Does that excuse the checks Donald has accepted?

18. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,523
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    If I try to imagine that, my mind is always drawn to the final scene of the movie "Ghost." I picture him being enveloped by shadowy dark demons carrying him down to the depths screaming.

But I will pray for God's restorative judgment, knowing that nothing is impossible with God, even though some are far more challenging than most.

19. TLK Valentine

+16,272
    Agnostic
    Single
    Not being a Christian myself, the mystery of where Donald's soul will go after his inevitable demise is something I neither know nor care. I'm more interested in the social and political ramifications of what happens if he shuffles off the mortal coil while still occupying the Oval Office.

The irony that he will accomplish in death all the things he has demanded in vain in life -- respect, admiration, a parade in his honor, a nation where not one person will dare speak ill of him -- is not lost on me.

20. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+11,656
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    My favorite thing is that it temporary.