• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Favorite Recipe for Eggs

Discussion in 'Cooking and Culinary Arts' started by JesseRBassett, Mar 14, 2020.

1. JesseRBassett

JesseRBassett Carpe Diem! (Always seeking the face of God) Supporter Angels Team

+239
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Hey all,
    I am trying out new ways to cook eggs in the morning for breakfast. I am very much open to ideas. Any particular recipes y'all have that I should try?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ~Cassia~

~Cassia~ A blessed day to you! Supporter

+10,820
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Toasted sprouted bread spread with a 1/2 mashed avocado, salt & pepper to taste, topped with a poached egg and a few slivers of roasted red pepper :yum:

3. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+894
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Try frying them with lime juice and a tiny bit of ginger. Don't overdo the ginger though! Less is more.

Have you ever made an omelet in a mug? You just crack two or three eggs into a mug, add some spices (I like basil) and some pieces of cheese. Microwave it one minute, mix it up and then microwave it again until it's cooked. You could also add vegetables or salsa or whatever you want.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. JesseRBassett

JesseRBassett Carpe Diem! (Always seeking the face of God) Supporter Angels Team

+239
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Messerve,
    How long do you cook it in the microwave then? I know you said a minute, but every microwave is different....

5. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,339
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Keep microwaved covered, and stop and stir often. But they might explode anyway.

Miix eggs with any leftovers including pizza with or without the crust.

6. JesseRBassett

+239
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Thanks for the tip, SkyWriting. Love the username by the way!

7. ChristianGirl_96

ChristianGirl_96 Well-Known Member Supporter Angels Team

+803
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
  8. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+7,763
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Over easy on low heat. Buttered, freshly cracked pepper, pinch of salt. Sop up yolk with crisp hash browns. :yum: (Put on cape, go save world.)

9. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+3,111
    Christian
    Whisked, seasoned with paprika, fried in a pan with copious amounts of salted butter, topped with grated mozzarella and finished under a grill.

When I low carbbed years ago that was my biggest meal. I don't bother anymore, I just eat pizza.

10. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+2,328
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    1 piece of toast
    1 fried egg
    green chili over top of all

delicious!

Here's another one that's easy to fix and really good. Put any kind of "extras" in it that you like .... mushrooms, tomatoes different types of meat etc.

Easy Egg and cheese Quiche (with extras)

SERVINGS 4-8

• Thoroughly mix ingredients together

• Grease a 10" pie plate (glass is best) with butter. Pour in the mixture.
    • Bake for 40-45 minute at 350°F.
    • Let quiche stand about 5 minutes before cutting.
    You can refrigerate and microwave by the piece over a few days and it works well.

11. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+894
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Well I usually watch through the window and when it starts to expand above the top of the mug I stop it and mix it up (like scrambled eggs) and then microwave it until it expands above the top of the mug again. That usually gets it cooked nicely and thoroughly and the cheese will be melted and mixed in. Somehow it always tastes better to me in a mug! Oh, and I have never had eggs explode when doing them this way.

Having said that... I perfected a method of frying eggs in the microwave without them exploding. I crack two eggs into a dessert sized plate, get four or five long toothpicks and arrange them around the sides of the plate sticking out over the edges and then turn a bowl upside-down resting on the toothpicks. Then microwave for around a minute, stopping to check the eggs once in awhile. They will pop and explode some, but the bowl keeps it contained and helps the heat cook the eggs more gently. I can get some pretty nice fried eggs made that way and the bowl stay fairly clean.

I also have a method of making a blueberry pancake in the microwave in three minutes. ^_^