ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Howdy. I'm 52 years old so most of the songs that are impressed upon my mind are from the 60s and 70s. Please feel free to post any songs or melodies that come to mind that take you back to your youth. No need to follow any particular order and feel free to post as many songs as you want.

I grew up in southern California and lived in a fairly populated area so the tunes I listened to will reflect that era and that area. I seemed to gravitate to what we call "classic rock" today. Anyway ... let's go down memory lane.

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
One song that really brings back a sort of bittersweet emotion is Baker Street. It brings me to a time when I felt lonely and heartbroken. I was around 16 or 17 when it came out. At the same time ... it reminds me of going to Newport Beach in California and the warm feeling of the sun and the sound of the waves.

Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty:
Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street (Long Version) - YouTube

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I don't know about you but music was an important part of my life. I didn't have a very happy childhood. I never really felt like I was meant for this life. I've long since gotten over most of those feelings but during that period of my life I embraced music and escaped from the humdrum of daily living.

This song sort of reminds me of my relationship with my dad. Don't get me wrong ... I loved my dad but I never really felt that he loved me back very much. Anyway ...

Father And Son by Cat Stevens:

Cat Stevens - Father and Son Original - YouTube

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
The high school I used to attend in Orange, CA used to play music during the lunch hour. I was a bit of an introvert so I would sit on the outskirts of the "quad" area. That was sort of the meeting place for the socialites and "somebodies." I would observe the festive, daily gathering and wish I was a part of it. There are many songs that bring me back to that time but one of my favorites was Summer Breeze.

Summer Breeze by Seals and Croft:

Summer Breeze - Seals & Croft #1 Hit(1972) - YouTube

Upvote 0
K

kaykay9.0

I don't know about you but music was an important part of my life. I didn't have a very happy childhood. I never really felt like I was meant for this life. I've long since gotten over most of those feelings but during that period of my life I embraced music and escaped from the humdrum of daily living.

This song sort of reminds me of my relationship with my dad. Don't get me wrong ... I loved my dad but I never really felt that he loved me back very much. Anyway ...

Father And Son by Cat Stevens

Sorry for that. For whatever reasons, I think a lot of men feel that way about their fathers.

Reactions: ActionJ
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Thanks kaykay. I used to like listening to the BeeGees but pretended that I didn't really like them because they were considered a "chick" band. I didn't dare tell my buddies that I really like their music. LOL. Same was true of Elton John's music. I was always a fan of his stuff but would never admit it back then.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Guys. I loved the he The British invasion, The Motown sound, TSOP,and the soft rock classics from Steely Dan to Jim Croce. From Aretha Franklin to Janis Joplin. I loved The Mamas and The Papas, and the Fifth Dimensions. I cut my teeth on Johnny Cash and Howlin' Wolf. There was so much good music around when I grew up.

Gerry & the Pacemakers - Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Hi Guys. I loved the he The British invasion, The Motown sound, PSOP,and the soft rock classics from Steely Dan to Jim Croce. From Aretha Franklin to Janis Joplin. I loved The Mamas and The Papas, and the Fifth Dimensions. I cut my teeth on Johnny Cash and Howlin' Wolf. There was so much good music around when I grew up.

Gerry & the Pacemakers - Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying - YouTube

Oh yeah ... California Dreamin' by the Mamas and the Papas. That really takes me back.

California Dreamin':
The Mamas & the Papas - California Dreamin' - YouTube

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.