• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Favorite Bible Verses

Discussion in 'Word of Faith' started by Debbie3832, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Debbie3832

Debbie3832 New Member

+11
    United States
    Baptist
    Private
    At times we all need reassurance from God that He is there for us. One day I was feeling down, uncertain about the future, and I picked up this book I've had for many years called God's Promises and Answers, and when I opened it right in front of me was a verse from Isaiah 41:10:

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea I will uphold thee with my right hand of my righteousness.

It was just what I needed for assurance and comfort that God will see me through difficulties and is my guiding light.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tigger45

Tigger45 St Francis Supporter

+7,132
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I literally got tired of seeing the signs being held up at sporting events and it finally drove me to open a bible and read the verse myself. (Once I found it :oops:) And haven't looked back since.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  3. Lazarus Short

Lazarus Short Well-Known Member

+757
    Non-Denom
    Married
    First Corinthians 15:28, the end of the story:

"...and when the all things may be subjected to him, then the Son also himself shall be subject to Him, who did subject to him the all things, that God may be the all in all." YLT

4. HehasRisen

HehasRisen Faith as small as a mustard seed

+32
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    1 Corinthians 13:12-13

For now we see only as in a reflection in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. maintenance man

maintenance man Well-Known Member Supporter

+957
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

The Bible is far from an ordinary book.

6. Robin Mauro

Robin Mauro Active Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Nice. I also love the scripture "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
    We have somewhere to go, someone to turn to for help.

7. Robin Mauro

Robin Mauro Active Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    What a great testimony Tigger 5. I have trouble telling people about Jesus in this country sometimes because it has been repeated so many times and walls go up. Thank-you for sharing how God pulled the walls down; beautiful!

8. SavedByGrace3

SavedByGrace3 Whoever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved Supporter

+1,113
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Mainly because I use it so often....

1 John 1:
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

9. now faith

now faith Veteran Supporter

+1,316
    Word of Faith
    Married
    John 1: 1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

10. scottmcc2

scottmcc2 Isa 53:1 Whose report will you believe?

+17
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Psalm 119:165 NASB
    Those who love Your law have great peace,
    And nothing causes them to stumble.

11. hhodgson

hhodgson Semper-fi Supporter

+292
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican

Psalms 32:2

"Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile."

ZZ  Word-of-Faith - Copy - Copy.gif

12. SavedByGrace3

SavedByGrace3 Whoever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved Supporter

+1,113
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Amen to that. For He is faithful and Just to forgive. I pray that daily.

13. now faith

now faith Veteran Supporter

+1,316
    Word of Faith
    Married
    Not trying to be trite, but there are so many that bless us, it
    Is tough to pick one.