Favorite antivirus

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Which antivirus program do y'all use? As a student, I was able to get malwarebytes premium for $5 for 4 years. I like that out of all the programs I have used....

Within Reason

Feb 21, 2020
Miles City
✟2,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I
Which antivirus program do y'all use? As a student, I was able to get malwarebytes premium for $5 for 4 years. I like that out of all the programs I have used....
I use Avast mostly, and if anything else I might use - VirusTotal

Both are free and work just fine.

For you:

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My IT guy recommended I just stay with Windows Security, but I feel like it missed stuff. Which was why I just went with Malwarebytes. For $5 for 4 years, heck, that's not much to spend it on.

Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
My IT guy recommended I just stay with Windows Security, but I feel like it missed stuff. Which was why I just went with Malwarebytes. For $5 for 4 years, heck, that's not much to spend it on.

It depends. MalwareBytes - the free version, which isn't realtime - searches for extra stuff that Defender will ignore like cookies, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs), etc. This is stuff you don't usually want on your computer, but it's also not necessarily going to cause you issues. Premium appears to have a couple of extra features, but nothing particularly ground breaking.

I haven't checked the numbers in a while, but Defender was doing quite well a while back. The main thing to consider is viruses are getting re-written daily, so inevitably if you stumble across the wrong strain, it will get through to your computer, no matter what AV you have.

Having an AV is super important, but it's also equally as important to have safe browsing habits.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I actually found out that my ISP has a contract with Norton so I can fully use their norton 360 for free! So I am using that now. Very good program.

Upvote 0