Favorit verse of scripture

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rainbowpromises

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

As a child I developed many fears. I was weak with fear. Life taught me to distrust everyone. I could not love. I was confused, frightened and hateful.

God has taken away my fear, given me power, taught me to love and I am no longer confused about life.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
See my signature. This piece of scripture came to me at a very dark time in my life, and it shed so much light on my life and the course it was on.

Whenever I get discouraged, I read this, and I'm no longer discouraged.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Psa 130:1 <A Song of degrees.> Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.
Psa 130:2 Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
Psa 130:3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
Psa 130:4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
Psa 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
Psa 130:6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
Psa 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
Psa 130:8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

This is one of my favorite passages because it speaks to my need every day.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 3: 1-4

1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Upvote 0

Byjove

Mar 18, 2007
✟15,161.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is mine.

From Matthew 6
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.