Faux News altering photos for their story...

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Fox news has been the worst channel to get the truth for years, not to say that the others are a great deal better, but Fox is terrible.

Jon Stewart's PolitiFact segment:

The annotated edition

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...tewarts-politifact-segment-annotated-edition/

As many of our readers already know, a certain late-night comic aired a five-minute-plus segment last night featuring our work. We thought our readers might appreciate a one-stop-shopping source for all the Fox News-related fact checks that Jon Stewart cited on his June 21, 2011, show. So we created one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,505.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You need to learn the difference between news and commentary. None of the major network or major network owned cable channels can be trusted. They operate on a "when it bleeds it leads" philosophy with their own liberal, anti-christian bias.

Upvote 0

YoungSapling

May 6, 2011
✟7,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Anyone who watches the news isn't being informed. They are fed with lies, and become sheep to one of several different factions. Doesn't matter who you vote for, doesn't matter what media you watch, doesn't matter what you personally believe in politics. None of it matters, because your voice is bought out or brainwashed. Everyone distorts facts with bias or to intend a mass panic. People are fed things in school that aren't true, and they grow up with parents that are only human. You can't trust people, you can only trust God. Trust what God tells you is right, and make sure the message you're getting is from God. I wouldn't vote Democrat or Republican until we get our system straightened out with real people who care.

I wouldn't vote Democrat anyway just because they believe in Gay Rights and Abortions. I'm not saying all Democrats do, don't get me confused, however it's common conception that if you vote Democratic you have to vote in that too. Which I'm sorely against. I do not hate Gays but I will not condone what they do, in fact I would befriend them, but not support what they do. Some abortions can be tricky, but for the vast majority of the time it's wrong. Remember what's right to humans is not always right to God. So, you might think you're doing the right thing, but then again that would be relying on your own understanding. Let God lead you instead.

I wouldn't vote Republican because they try to distort facts, and lead people to believe the only way to vote is by giving them all of your money. Letting them have tax breaks, because that would allow them to pay more people to work. Which ends up being a huge lie, they end up pocketing the money instead. A majority of people throwing Christianity around as if they are Christians, even when they aren't, just to get elected.

I might get flamed for my opinion, but this is just where I am for the time being. I wouldn't stand on either side, and God hasn't told me I'm wrong where I stand. Trust me, I definitely know when I've done something wrong ;). He lets me know big time. As he does with all his children. So, please don't accuse me for my opinion, as it's not intended to start a flame war or who is right or who is wrong. I just believe that there is no trustworthy news source available right now. It's best to obvserve, and gather from your own intellect rather than from someone elses.

Upvote 0

YoungSapling

May 6, 2011
✟7,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You need to learn the difference between news and commentary. None of the major network or major network owned cable channels can be trusted. They operate on a "when it bleeds it leads" philosophy with their own liberal, anti-christian bias.

I agree with you 100%.

Upvote 0

green wolverine

to God be the glory!
May 9, 2009
✟16,164.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who watches the news isn't being informed. They are fed with lies, and become sheep to one of several different factions. Doesn't matter who you vote for, doesn't matter what media you watch, doesn't matter what you personally believe in politics. None of it matters, because your voice is bought out or brainwashed. Everyone distorts facts with bias or to intend a mass panic. People are fed things in school that aren't true, and they grow up with parents that are only human. You can't trust people, you can only trust God. Trust what God tells you is right, and make sure the message you're getting is from God. I wouldn't vote Democrat or Republican until we get our system straightened out with real people who care.

I wouldn't vote Democrat anyway just because they believe in Gay Rights and Abortions. I'm not saying all Democrats do, don't get me confused, however it's common conception that if you vote Democratic you have to vote in that too. Which I'm sorely against. I do not hate Gays but I will not condone what they do, in fact I would befriend them, but not support what they do. Some abortions can be tricky, but for the vast majority of the time it's wrong. Remember what's right to humans is not always right to God. So, you might think you're doing the right thing, but then again that would be relying on your own understanding. Let God lead you instead.

I wouldn't vote Republican because they try to distort facts, and lead people to believe the only way to vote is by giving them all of your money. Letting them have tax breaks, because that would allow them to pay more people to work. Which ends up being a huge lie, they end up pocketing the money instead. A majority of people throwing Christianity around as if they are Christians, even when they aren't, just to get elected.

I might get flamed for my opinion, but this is just where I am for the time being. I wouldn't stand on either side, and God hasn't told me I'm wrong where I stand. Trust me, I definitely know when I've done something wrong ;). He lets me know big time. As he does with all his children. So, please don't accuse me for my opinion, as it's not intended to start a flame war or who is right or who is wrong. I just believe that there is no trustworthy news source available right now. It's best to obvserve, and gather from your own intellect rather than from someone elses.

Well said!!! The news media is totally controlled in what they're allowed to tell the public. If you don't believe that, take a look at the situation with Fukashima--instead of telling us of the radiation danger, they raised the acceptable limits of radiation and swept it under the rug. They also turned off all the radiation monitoring devices months ago so as not to alarm the public.

I agree about not voting for either party. The Dems favor killing unborn babies while the Republicans have no compassion on the plight of those less fortunate than themselves. Both parties are wrong, and shocking as it may be to some people, the gospel isn't the platform of their favorite political party.

As far as FoxNews goes, I stopped watching them long ago. The only time I even watch local news is if we're supposed to get a big storm. Otherwise, I get my news online.

Reactions: Dan the Man
Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
I hate to break it to you but there are other ways to doctor a photo besides photoshop.
No picture is true. What you see is what the journalist working with the photographer wants you to see, and ultimately it's what the photographer wants you to see since it's one photograph the journalist will pick to accompany the article.

For example, say I wanted to take a photo of an anti immigration reform rally at the Capitol building here in Salt Lake. Since I agree with the rally I would take photos with as many people in them as possible, with as much diversity as possible to show that the cause has a large following, that it's worth getting behind and supporting.

So yeah, fox news doctored their photos. So did CNN. So did BBC. So did MSNBC. So did (insert favored news syndicate here). Film, and photography are all based on what the film makers and photographers want you to see.

Upvote 0

Dan the Man

spoice
Nov 20, 2004
✟2,513.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Well said!!! The news media is totally controlled in what they're allowed to tell the public. If you don't believe that, take a look at the situation with Fukashima--instead of telling us of the radiation danger, they raised the acceptable limits of radiation and swept it under the rug. They also turned off all the radiation monitoring devices months ago so as not to alarm the public.

I agree about not voting for either party. The Dems favor killing unborn babies while the Republicans have no compassion on the plight of those less fortunate than themselves. Both parties are wrong, and shocking as it may be to some people, the gospel isn't the platform of their favorite political party.

As far as FoxNews goes, I stopped watching them long ago. The only time I even watch local news is if we're supposed to get a big storm. Otherwise, I get my news online.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

revelations12_12

Jedi Sentinal
Feb 15, 2005
Oregon
✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I hate to break it to you but there are other ways to doctor a photo besides photoshop.
No picture is true. What you see is what the journalist working with the photographer wants you to see, and ultimately it's what the photographer wants you to see since it's one photograph the journalist will pick to accompany the article.

For example, say I wanted to take a photo of an anti immigration reform rally at the Capitol building here in Salt Lake. Since I agree with the rally I would take photos with as many people in them as possible, with as much diversity as possible to show that the cause has a large following, that it's worth getting behind and supporting.

So yeah, fox news doctored their photos. So did CNN. So did BBC. So did MSNBC. So did (insert favored news syndicate here). Film, and photography are all based on what the film makers and photographers want you to see.

But Fox doctored these photos to make them look like characters of Jewish people.... That's racist

Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
But Fox doctored these photos to make them look like characters of Jewish people.... That's racist

Well we know that Fox news tends to have a racist mentality, so if that was their intent, it should be no surprise.

My whole point was not to believe anything you see when it comes to photographs or film. It's all seen from the perspective of the one taking the shot, and every photograph has it's bias in favor of the photographers point of view.

Upvote 0

James Forthwright

Wielder of the Sword
Aug 22, 2009
Distressed States of America
✟8,224.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Please cease with the pejorative (and now made meaningless by repetition) buzz words. One man's 'racist' is another man's 'community organizer'.

My biggest beef with Fox isn't their petty doctoring of photos but their continual pro-Zionist war-mongering. Sean Hannity is particularly loathsome in this regard. Fox seems to be always stoking the hot coals and fomenting the fires of war (Weapons of mass destruction, Israel = Good, Iran = Bad. I'm sick of their hawkish hucksterism. A pox on Fox! (as well as all mainstream media).

Another appalling Fox tactic is their mud-slinging manipulation of certain Presidential candidates. Their blatant hit pieces and biased polling techniques on Ron Paul, for instance, were especially devious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0