Fauci was warned that COVID-19 may have been ‘engineered,’ emails show

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
This is part of an email researcher Kristian Andersen sent to Fauci on January 30, 2020.

On a phylogenetic tree the virus looks totally normal and the close clustering with bats suggest that bats serve as the reservoir. The unusual features of the virus make up a really small part of the genome (<0.1%) so one has to look really closely at all the sequences to see that some of the features (potentially) look engineered.
I should mention that after discussions earlier today, Eddie, Bob, Mike, and myself all find the genome inconsistent with expectations from evolutionary theory.

Fauci was warned that COVID may have been 'engineered': emails (nypost.com)

Mainstream media is also "covering" Fauci's emails, but don't seem to have the same focus:

At times, it feels like reading someone's diary, albeit a post-modernist, redacted diary with a non-linear timeline. At other times, it feels like looking at the celebrity photos on the front pages of People magazine: "He felt that way, too?!"

Opinion: What Dr. Anthony Fauci's emails reveal -- and what they don't - CNN

While many federal government staffers prefer the phone to email, this correspondence offers a rare glimpse into Fauci's frantic schedule and polite, to-the-point demeanor during the time he emerged as a rare source of frank honesty within the Trump administration's Covid-19 task force.

Fauci's emails during the pandemic's early days were published. Here's what they show about him - CNNPolitics

No, none of this is proof that Covid was engineered in a lab, but it does make statement's like:

The rapid, open, and transparent sharing of data on this outbreak is now being threatened by rumours and misinformation around its origins. We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin.

Statement in support of the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China combatting COVID-19 - The Lancet

Seem dishonest and manipulative.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Remember when, during the prez. campaign, Trump insinuated that if he was re-elected Fauci's days were numbered? Maybe he knew more than what he was letting on to. After all, he would be privy to what Fauci said both in meetings and then in public.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Remember when, during the prez. campaign, Trump insinuated that if he was re-elected Fauci's days were numbered? Maybe he knew more than what he was letting on to. After all, he would be privy to what Fauci said both in meetings and then in public.

So Trump knew that Fauci was a lying threat to the safety of the United States and chose to wait until after an election to remove this public health menace? And then kept him on after the steal?

I will be asking Trump some questions after he comes back in August.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So Trump knew that Fauci was a lying threat to the safety of the United States and chose to wait until after an election to remove this public health menace? And then kept him on after the steal?

I will be asking Trump some questions after he comes back in August.
Hey, the media lionized Fauci at that time, remember? They couldn't say enough good things about him....so yeah, given those circumstances Trump would have had to wait.
Trump suggests he might fire Fauci at Florida rally

President Donald Trump suggested to a Florida crowd he may fire Dr. Anthony Fauci after the election, escalating his feud with the nation's leading expert on infectious diseases and providing a window into a potential post-November 3 administration purge.

Now the media is not so enamored of him.......I rest my case.......

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is part of an email researcher Kristian Andersen sent to Fauci on January 30, 2020.

On a phylogenetic tree the virus looks totally normal and the close clustering with bats suggest that bats serve as the reservoir. The unusual features of the virus make up a really small part of the genome (<0.1%) so one has to look really closely at all the sequences to see that some of the features (potentially) look engineered.
I should mention that after discussions earlier today, Eddie, Bob, Mike, and myself all find the genome inconsistent with expectations from evolutionary theory.

Fauci was warned that COVID may have been 'engineered': emails (nypost.com)

Mainstream media is also "covering" Fauci's emails, but don't seem to have the same focus:

At times, it feels like reading someone's diary, albeit a post-modernist, redacted diary with a non-linear timeline. At other times, it feels like looking at the celebrity photos on the front pages of People magazine: "He felt that way, too?!"

Opinion: What Dr. Anthony Fauci's emails reveal -- and what they don't - CNN

While many federal government staffers prefer the phone to email, this correspondence offers a rare glimpse into Fauci's frantic schedule and polite, to-the-point demeanor during the time he emerged as a rare source of frank honesty within the Trump administration's Covid-19 task force.

Fauci's emails during the pandemic's early days were published. Here's what they show about him - CNNPolitics

No, none of this is proof that Covid was engineered in a lab, but it does make statement's like:

The rapid, open, and transparent sharing of data on this outbreak is now being threatened by rumours and misinformation around its origins. We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin.

Statement in support of the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China combatting COVID-19 - The Lancet

Seem dishonest and manipulative.
The Chinese released a statement about the virus being a bat virus that mutated in another animal like a pangolin. The media bought it and argued against those who thought it may have been released from a lab. The horseshoe bat virus was already lethal enough to kill a group of miners exposed to the bats in a mine without any further mutation.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Remember when Facebook and others banned and deleted any posts regarding the Wuhan release of the virus? How dare we say that the virus may have come from a lab. I believe Trump was excoriated for suggesting such a thing. It was a racist charge.

Now we find out that it is mostly likely true. Now we are NOT suggesting they did it on purpose. But one does have to wonder. Being one of the main guys in Wuhan was the main guy in charge of the Chinese biological warfare. But we have no evidence yet that it was released in purpose. But we have enough to say that the likelihood it got out of the lab is very likely.

And now Biden has removed the investigation of this from the State Dept to Intelligence. What's he trying to hide?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember when Facebook and others banned and deleted any posts regarding the Wuhan release of the virus? How dare we say that the virus may have come from a lab. I believe Trump was excoriated for suggesting such a thing. It was a racist charge.

Now we find out that it is mostly likely true. Now we are NOT suggesting they did it on purpose. But one does have to wonder. Being one of the main guys in Wuhan was the main guy in charge of the Chinese biological warfare. But we have no evidence yet that it was released in purpose. But we have enough to say that the likelihood it got out of the lab is very likely.

And now Biden has removed the investigation of this from the State Dept to Intelligence. What's he trying to hide?
The State Dept. does not have the resources the intelligence spy agencies have.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Of course they don't have to release all of their findings either......the claim of national security, or protecting sources, or etc.......

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Hey, the media lionized Fauci at that time, remember? They couldn't say enough good things about him....so yeah, given those circumstances Trump would have had to wait.
Why?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now the media is not so enamored of him.......I rest my case.......

I respect Fauci and his expertise. I could care less whether the media is enamored or not.

The fact is, the scientific community as a whole still maintain it's more likely the virus has natural origins. It is possible a lab accident led to the release? Certainly. That's always been a possibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal

The state department has all the resources they need. They can always get what they need if this is important, which it is. The difference is the state department has to allow access to all it's findings. The intelligence department does not. Now that Biden, a friend of China's, has moved it to intelligence, we may never know the truth.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I respect Fauci and his expertise.
Then you have not been paying close attention for the last month.....
It is possible a lab accident led to the release? Certainly. That's always been a possibility.
Not according to the media and all the scientific 'experts' out there. Very few gave any serious consideration to that possibility.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The state department has all the resources they need. They can always get what they need if this is important, which it is. The difference is the state department has to allow access to all it's findings. The intelligence department does not. Now that Biden, a friend of China's, has moved it to intelligence, we may never know the truth.
The intelligence community may directly use espionage tech to support the President and military.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I respect Fauci and his expertise. I could care less whether the media is enamored or not.

Fauci keeps getting caught lying yet you're clinging to his "expertise" as if it means something.

The fact is, the scientific community as a whole still maintain it's more likely the virus has natural origins. It is possible a lab accident led to the release? Certainly. That's always been a possibility.

That is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a fact. It was something a biased "investigation" by the WHO determined at the onset of the pandemic before it could even been known, and lab leak theory was denounced as conspiracy theory. Any experts who supported the lab leak theory were categorically dismissed. The origin remains unknown, and you're clinging to outdated information.

Moreover, the email sent to Fauci back in January 2020 seems to indicate that there was a group of scientists who thought it very likely that Covid was engineered based on a) sequences found upon inspection and b) that it was inconsistent with expectations from evolutionary theory.

"The challenge is that the side of the ledger that suggests that this could have come out of a lab has continued to expand. And a side of the ledger that suggests that this could have come from a zoonotic source, come out of nature, really hasn't budged," Gottlieb said in an interview with "Face the Nation." "And if anything, you can argue that that side of the ledger has contracted because we've done an exhaustive search for the so-called intermediate host, the animal that could have been exposed to this virus before it spread to humans. We have not found such an animal."
"We may never really determine with precision whether or not this came out of a lab," he said. "I think what we're likely to end up with is an assessment, a probability, unless we get very lucky and we either find the intermediate host, we find a colony of civet cats or pangolins where this is epidemic and it could have first spilled over into humans, or we have a whistleblower in China or regime change, which we're not going to have. I don't know that we're going to find out with certainty that this came out of a lab."

Former FDA commissioner Gottlieb says "side of the ledger" suggesting coronavirus came from a lab has grown - CBS News

• Informative
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not according to the media and all the scientific 'experts' out there. Very few gave any serious consideration to that possibility.
Plenty of us gave serious consideration to that possibility. My position then was that the idea SARS-CoV-2 was an engineered bioweapon was nuts, that a lab release (with or without some gain-of-function work) was possible, and that an origin directly from an animal was the most likely possibility. That's still my position.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0