Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person in November

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course, it would be safe IF the all the guidelines were followed but we already know that people will not follow those guidelines. They haven't yet so why think they would in this situation. Are they going to wear gloves when their touching the machines, are the machines going to be cleaned between each voter touching them? There's a lot of IF there.
Big deal. Same goes for the grocery store. You do everything in life at your own risk. Why should voting be different?

Upvote 0

Telesto

Jul 30, 2020
Midwest
✟11,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article.
Infectious disease expert says it'll be safe to cast ballots in person if voters follow social distancing guidelines

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said this week there is “no reason” Americans can’t vote in person for the 2020 presidential election, so long as votersfollow proper social distancing guidelines amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“I think if carefully done, according to the guidelines, there’s no reason that I can see why that not be the case,” Fauci told ABC News this week. “If you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don’t have a crowded situation, there’s no reason why shouldn’t be able to do that.”

Continued below.
Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person in November

If people followed, the rules, which they don't.

There IS ALSO NO EVIDENCE THAT MAIL IN VOTING LEADS TO VOTER FRAUD.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Telesto

Jul 30, 2020
Midwest
✟11,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Big deal. Same goes for the grocery store. You do everything in life at your own risk. Why should voting be different?

You don't have to go shopping. It's called curbside delivery. Why on Earth as a Christian would you want to force vulnerable people to vote in person?

We had this diabetic patient, bad kidneys, history of heart problems. This guy manages to get 'rona just days before his transplant. I have no idea what is wrong with the world.

Upvote 0

Telesto

Jul 30, 2020
Midwest
✟11,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Wow. One guy was oddly accused yesterday of voting on behalf of his dead mom years ago. That really sells it for me. If that guy is accused and it's on Fox News, then I know millions and millions of votes are being stolen DESPITE NO EVIDENCE.

There is absolutely nothing weird about that at all.

Do you know what immunocompromised is? Do you want to send immunocompromised folks into voting booths?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to go shopping. It's called curbside delivery. Why on Earth as a Christian would you want to force vulnerable people to vote in person?

We had this diabetic patient, bad kidneys, history of heart problems. This guy manages to get 'rona just days before his transplant. I have no idea what is wrong with the world.
Last I knew you can vote by mail if you need to. I did it once when I was going to be away. No reason to close the voting booths for everyone. There's no guarantee that the mail service can handle the volume.

Upvote 0

Telesto

Jul 30, 2020
Midwest
✟11,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last I knew you can vote by mail if you need to. I did it once when I was going to be away. No reason to close the voting booths for everyone. There's no guarantee that the mail service can handle the volume.

It can if you properly fund it. You can only vote by mail in certain states.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well you link to the standard hype but fail to acknowledge the voter fraud that does exist. Most media does not report it!

Well, you link to the standard hype but fail to acknowledge that voter fraud is inconsequential. Nowhere did I suggest it didn't occur however, it is rare and not impactful in any way. (Before you go ballistic...yes, they should be prosecuted...OK) What you post leads nowhere...in most cases once investigations are thoroughly conducted the truth comes out...I'm not going to waste my time because just like the example I will give you this is most always the case. You link to some site, usually pro-voter restriction - right wing, that only gives an assertion ...once the assertion is acted upon by investigation...oops, the numbers are very overstated. (I will note that you minimize gerrymandering and eliminating polling places which have quite the impact!) So here, you post what turned out to be a "hyped" assertion ... Texas admits errors in illegal voter report of 95,000, claims it's now much lower

This same thing happens over and over again...still haven't checked out Kobach I bet?

PolitiFact - Fact-checking the integrity of the vote in 2016

Voting Fraud Inquiry? The Investigators Got Burned Last Time

Editorial: Pence wrong about voter fraud

A Trump election conspiracy collapses

N.J. Election Fraud Case Draws A Trump Tweet But Suggests Safeguards Are Working

And by the way No you can't find any "enormous" numbers...trump's committee couldn't, Kobach couldn't, florida couldn't , etc., etc. but they make assertions and then go silent when the actual audits and investigations show little!

Do not consider my silence to any further posts by you anything other then an acknowledgement that sufficient reliable investigations and audits have been done.

Upvote 0

Telesto

Jul 30, 2020
Midwest
✟11,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More free money? It doesn't grow on trees, ya know. Why should the government fund it? It's supposed to be self funding I believe.

I found that it apparently does grow on trees. I make boatloads of it and I don't deserve it.

It should be self funding under normal circumstances. I don't know if you realize this, but we are in a pandemic and thousands of people are dying horrifically every day. So to secure democracy, we need to make sure it is well funded so all votes are counted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one is talking about closing polling stations. My state has been sending active registered voters ballots since 2014 by we still have polling stations for in-person voting.

Upvote 0

Telesto

Jul 30, 2020
Midwest
✟11,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So why don't you fund the postal service then? Problem solved.

That was brilliant. Please contact Don Jr. so Trump can have some zingers for his convention. That way he doesn't have to ramble about how Biden will hurt God and the bible.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, you link to the standard hype but fail to acknowledge that voter fraud is inconsequential. Nowhere did I suggest it didn't occur however, it is rare and not impactful in any way. (Before you go ballistic...yes, they should be prosecuted...OK) What you post leads nowhere...in most cases once investigations are thoroughly conducted the truth comes out...I'm not going to waste my time because just like the example I will give you this is most always the case. You link to some site, usually pro-voter restriction - right wing, that only gives an assertion ...once the assertion is acted upon by investigation...oops, the numbers are very overstated. (I will note that you minimize gerrymandering and eliminating polling places which have quite the impact!) So here, you post what turned out to be a "hyped" assertion ... Texas admits errors in illegal voter report of 95,000, claims it's now much lower

This same thing happens over and over again...still haven't checked out Kobach I bet?

PolitiFact - Fact-checking the integrity of the vote in 2016

Voting Fraud Inquiry? The Investigators Got Burned Last Time

Editorial: Pence wrong about voter fraud

A Trump election conspiracy collapses

N.J. Election Fraud Case Draws A Trump Tweet But Suggests Safeguards Are Working

And by the way No you can't find any "enormous" numbers...trump's committee couldn't, Kobach couldn't, florida couldn't , etc., etc. but they make assertions and then go silent when the actual audits and investigations show little!

Do not consider my silence to any further posts by you anything other then an acknowledgement that sufficient reliable investigations and audits have been done.

So we both agree to believe th eempirical evidence we have. I have looked at both, and find your swanting as you find mine wanting.

1. Case you haven't realized- checking for illegal votes is a very very expensive proipositrion. Just remember the 2000 race and the recounts in florida- the govt. and th enewspapers each spent many millions of dollars on checking teh legal ballots. Never mind taking each and every ballot and verifying it versus statre riolls, current addresses, death certificates etc. That costs much much more!

But we have beat this poor horse long enough!

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well you link to the standard hype but fail to acknowledge the voter fraud that does exist. Most media does not report it!
That's true, media doesn't report it but the very conservative Heritage Foundation does. According to the Heritage Foundation, they found that there had been, 1,296 proven instances of voter fraud since 2005. Not all cases involve absentee/mail-in ballots. On the left-hand side, you can choose specific types of cases "Fraudulent Use of Absentee Ballots" and "Duplicate Voting" are two I found that related to this issue.

When I look at my state I see 13 cases of election fraud since 2005.
6 of them were cases involving absentee/mail-in ballots.

Voter Fraud Map: Election Fraud Database | The Heritage Foundation

Last edited:
Reactions: nolidad
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's true, media doesn't report it but the very conservative Heritage Foundation does. According to the Heritage Foundation, they found that there had been, 1,296 proven instances of voter fraud since 2005. Not all cases involve absentee/mail-in ballots. On the left-hand side, you can choose specific types of cases "Fraudulent Use of Absentee Ballots" and "Duplicate Voting" are two I found that related to this issue.

And what is the percent of fraud against the total ballots cast?

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And conventional wisdom says that for every 1 case that is caught, 10 or more do not get caught!

Upvote 0