• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person in November

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Michie, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+33,675
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    From the article.
    Infectious disease expert says it'll be safe to cast ballots in person if voters follow social distancing guidelines

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said this week there is “no reason” Americans can’t vote in person for the 2020 presidential election, so long as votersfollow proper social distancing guidelines amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“I think if carefully done, according to the guidelines, there’s no reason that I can see why that not be the case,” Fauci told ABC News this week. “If you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don’t have a crowded situation, there’s no reason why shouldn’t be able to do that.”

Continued below.
    Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person in November

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Running2win

Running2win Well-Known Member

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Of course! We voted at a school. Put on a mask, go vote, drop it in a locked and sealed big container. Piece of cake! :oldthumbsup:

3. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Of course, it would be safe IF the all the guidelines were followed but we already know that people will not follow those guidelines. They haven't yet so why think they would in this situation. Are they going to wear gloves when their touching the machines, are the machines going to be cleaned between each voter touching them? There's a lot of IF there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Hank77

+12,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    People are going to be using the voting machines.

5. Hank77

+12,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    He also said...
    Fauci added that individuals who are “compromised physically or otherwise” and who are not interested in physically going to the polls on Election Day, can use mail-in voting.

6. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+1,291
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Big IF not everyone will be willing to comply with.

7. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,743
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Safer than going to a big box store.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+33,675
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I’m voting in person.

9. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+16,589
    Christian
    Married
    I'm voting in person, but Mrs.tulc will be voting by mail.
    tulc(is happy she has that choice, and thinks everyone should have it)

10. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+26,364
    Anglican
    Married

...which can easily be done.

So now let's watch how fast Dr. Fauci can go from patron saint of all self-styled "science believers" to nothing more than yesterday's news. ;) ;)

11. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,743
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I signed up to be an election judge again. Haven't heard back yet. Not terribly afraid.

12. Running2win

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Bring your own wipes if you are afraid! For crying out loud! o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+2,149
    Christian
    Married
    I don't know about you but.. when we shop we stand in line to check out.. and there are many other check outs. People all wearing masks and no one has ever came down with the virus in our huge walmart store.

So.. yeah so I also don't see why we can't go in and vote. I just read today where some curb side mail-in vote boxes are being taken. How 1-5 mail in votes have been rejected as fraud.

14. tulc

+16,589
    Christian
    Married
    ...or we could all just get a ballot in the mail and mail it in...unless President Trump and his Postmaster General destroy the post office before people get a chance to vote of course.
    tulc(which appears to be part of his re-election strategy)

15. Running2win

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Vote in person or don't vote! :oldthumbsup:

16. Running2win

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Of course! Mail in ballots how the Dem's want to do it is so they can cheat. Just like "harvesting votes". What a sham. :sick:

17. tulc

+16,589
    Christian
    Married
    ...I'm curious how you would know if they did or didn't come down with something? Is there a sign somewhere in the store "We've gone "X" days without anyone coming down with Covide."?

Are you or a loved one in a bracket that is particularly at risk if exposed to Covide? I ask because while you might not have a problem that doesn't mean others don't.
    tulc(does try and keep others safe if at all possible)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  18. Running2win

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes, wear a body condom at all times Tulc. :oldthumbsup:

19. tulc

+16,589
    Christian
    Married
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. tulc

+16,589
    Christian
    Married
    nah, I just wash my hands a lot and wear a mask.
    tulc(finds that works best)