Bucuresti
✟16,737.00
Country
Romania
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I grew up in a Christian family full of love which I thought was almost perfect, but I found out my father watches inappropriate content every day for years and I'm very concerned about it.
A few years ago, I was playing games on my father's phone. Then I saw his google searches about inappropriate content and I was upset on him, but I was too little to understand what it really means and I forgot about it after a while. A few months ago I was helping him to post something on his phone and I saw it again. This time I understood what's it's impact and I'm very worried about it. I know the right thing is to tell it to my mother, but I'm embarassed to do that because she doesn't talk with me about intimate relations almost none. I know I shouldn't keep it a secret from her, I believe it's a form of cheating and if she learns about it, I hope they will discuss and that will help him to get rid of this horrible habit. How should I speak with her about it? I don't want to betray my mother!
I put a filter on his phone which blocks these sites, does this mean I got involved too much? I don't know how to react in this situation!
Please, pray for my family!

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I grew up in a Christian family full of love which I thought was almost perfect, but I found out my father watches inappropriate content every day for years and I'm very concerned about it.
A few years ago, I was playing games on my father's phone. Then I saw his google searches about inappropriate content and I was upset on him, but I was too little to understand what it really means and I forgot about it after a while. A few months ago I was helping him to post something on his phone and I saw it again. This time I understood what's it's impact and I'm very worried about it. I know the right thing is to tell it to my mother, but I'm embarassed to do that because she doesn't talk with me about intimate relations almost none. I know I shouldn't keep it a secret from her, I believe it's a form of cheating and if she learns about it, I hope they will discuss and that will help him to get rid of this horrible habit. How should I speak with her about it? I don't want to betray my mother!
I put a filter on his phone which blocks these sites, does this mean I got involved too much? I don't know how to react in this situation!
Please, pray for my family!
I am not a parent, so was reluctant to advice you when others did, but this seems a big issue for you, so I do. Why does it trouble you, that your father have urges and fantasies? What he views is make belief, very much like you were as a kid while playing around, does not mean he act that way. When married people have been together for a long time, they need fantasies, to yearn for eachother again, and if thee is just the same old routine, people go bored, so they make a little fantasy to do romance together with the one they love. And sometimes, adults who are married, are ashamed to tell their spouse their fantasies to their spouse, just like a little 13 year old boy who is scared of asking a girl if she wants to go steady. It is not real, and telling your mom, will get him into a bad situation, and create a fight between your parents. He might get bad feelings after that and blame you, not good for either of you. And consider that your parents mayby have agreed that this is OK, and they love eachother but use makebelief to get into eachother romantically, because they are just human, get bored, and and mayby are less attractive than when they met eachother. If that is the case, you are just creating a situation for them as parents, over noting, that they have not told to you, because you are their child and they shield you. Which is most likely. Unless you find the answer here, I highly recommend you ask a priest, or him first, or perhaps an aunt you confide in, that would be the best. His sister. That way, you get an adult perspective, you do not put him in any position, you do not get in a situation, and you get explained how it is, as best you can get, since you cannot get full truth as a child, about the adult world, because that is how parenting is.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would also recommend NOT sharing this with any of your mother's relatives.

From your description, your parents seem to have a loving, mutually beneficial relationship. Fantasy life, though somewhat risky, doesn't neccesarily make your parents' relationship unhealthy, though it is, admittedly, non-ideal. Once again, I would suggest allowing your parents to manage their own relationship ... and for you to avoid throwing a grenade into the midst of it ...

Last edited:
Reactions: mindfulzen
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know the right thing is to tell it to my mother, but I'm embarassed to do that because she doesn't talk with me about intimate relations almost none. I know I shouldn't keep it a secret from her, I believe it's a form of cheating and if she learns about it, I hope they will discuss and that will help him to get rid of this horrible habit. How should I speak with her about it? I don't want to betray my mother!
Not before you talk to him.

Does anyone other than the two of you use his phone?

Upvote 0

tgg

Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
Brisbane
Visit site
✟20,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Hi,

I am not a parent myself, but I am a recovering inappropriate content addict so I will try and give you my best advice on this.

Talk to your Dad about it first. Does he know that you sometimes use his mobile phone? If he does, then bring up the subject with him. Tell him you accidentally came across it and how it made you feel.

As Christians, we do know that viewing inappropriate contentography is wrong, especially if married. There should be only one woman that your Dad should look at in a sexual manner and that is your Mum. Plus inappropriate content is very addictive and it triggers a chemical in the brain called dopamine which gives the user a mental kick from seeing other people engaging in sexual activity and can lead to wanting to view more hardcore and depraved behaviour once normal 'vanilla' sexuality no longer excites him.

Parents are meant to be role models, and they have a sense of duty and responsibility towards their children, especially where instilling sexual values into them is concerned.

Upvote 0

Elizabeth163

Aug 15, 2020
Bucuresti
✟16,737.00
Country
Romania
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I am not a parent myself, but I am a recovering inappropriate content addict so I will try and give you my best advice on this.

Talk to your Dad about it first. Does he know that you sometimes use his mobile phone? If he does, then bring up the subject with him. Tell him you accidentally came across it and how it made you feel.

As Christians, we do know that viewing inappropriate contentography is wrong, especially if married. There should be only one woman that your Dad should look at in a sexual manner and that is your Mum. Plus inappropriate content is very addictive and it triggers a chemical in the brain called dopamine which gives the user a mental kick from seeing other people engaging in sexual activity and can lead to wanting to view more hardcore and depraved behaviour once normal 'vanilla' sexuality no longer excites him.

Parents are meant to be role models, and they have a sense of duty and responsibility towards their children, especially where instilling sexual values into them is concerned.
Yes, he knows I use sometimes his phone.
Thank you for advice!

Reactions: tgg
Upvote 0

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know that everyone has beliefs on this issue, but I would encourage some thoughtful thinking and study on this topic. We are to reprove with all doctrine and longsuffering, not all opinions and feelings.

Years ago I did a study on this topic. Helpful friends told me, "See, it says right here that watching inappropriate contentography is wrong..." and they quoted the following verse:

Mat 5:27 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY'; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

• Agree
Reactions: Elizabeth163
Upvote 0

Will Joseph

Jul 10, 2020
Bronx
✟25,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It's really not a child's place to question her father. inappropriate content is very concerning though.

Also, there could be somone else using the phone that you don't know about. Unless you actually see your dad browsing for inappropriate content, he might not be doing it.

My father is quite sexual. I complained that there were posters of naked people in my neighborhood and he smiled and said "that's nice." Another time, he gave me his computer but said that he was worried that I might come across certain photos.

But I can't really tell him that "posters of naked people are not nice." He's my father. If he wants to indulge in lust and whatnot, then there's not much that I can do. However, if he stumbles, I can talk to him about the stumbling and its potential relation to inappropriate content.

inappropriate content seems to encourage sexual behavior, and sexual behavior can be dangerous. The bible warns a lot against certain sexual behaviors. Even outside the bible, there are illnesses that harm sexual people. Then there are other people and criminals who can harm others through sex, even as slight as exchanging an STI for money.

My father has had 3 wives or partners and four children. He has been robbed by his wives. My father tends to vomit like my brother does, and both seem to indulge in lust. Is that a coincidence when I'm of good health and not vomiting?

We can only pray that the lost ones find their way. We can be there to help them realize their error and recover. We should be prepared to guide them, when they've been punished by the Lord with disease or theft.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟158,892.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is it really any business of this man's daughter? I don't think so.

If Elizabeth is upset about what is on her father's phone, perhaps she should get one of her own. Maybe she should be less judgmental, too. I am sure somebody could find a Bible quote to this effect.

Upvote 0