Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Virginia priest learned the art of barbecue while he was studying in Rome.

Perhaps his most significant and telling words are these: “I am very thankful to be a priest,” says Father Nicholas Schierer, parochial vicar at St. Rita parish in Alexandria, Virginia.

“A beautiful church,” said Father Schierer, “and the parish is almost 100 years old.”

Raised in a devout Catholic family in Northern Virginia and attending Mass regularly at two local churches, Father Schierer recalled that wanting to become a priest had always been in his mind and heart.

“I even thought about it in first grade,” he said, “and the idea stuck with me until the end of high school.”

Perhaps his most significant and telling words are these: “I am very thankful to be a priest,” says Father Nicholas Schierer, parochial vicar at St. Rita parish in Alexandria, Virginia.

“A beautiful church,” said Father Schierer, “and the parish is almost 100 years old.”

Raised in a devout Catholic family in Northern Virginia and attending Mass regularly at two local churches, Father Schierer recalled that wanting to become a priest had always been in his mind and heart.

“I even thought about it in first grade,” he said, “and the idea stuck with me until the end of high school.”

Continued below.