He is my refuge and my fortress...
Oct 27, 2004
✟18,913.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hoonbaba said:
Hi guys, I'm just curious to know your opinions about Father Feeney and this page:

http://catholicism.org/

-Jason
Certainly outside of the Church, the Mystical Body of Christ, there is no salvation. Both Catholics and Orthodox believe this. The question then becomes how we define membership in the Body of Christ. A wise person once said, "We know where the Church IS, but we cannot be totally sure where it ISN'T." The Holy Spirit goes where He wills and God will have mercy on whom he chooses.

As for Fr.Feeney, it is not my place to comment on a Catholic priest.

Upvote 0

Wiffey

He is my refuge and my fortress...
Oct 27, 2004
✟18,913.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
PeterPaul said:
Fr. Feeney returned to the Church and recanted his line of thought before he died.
That's great. I am a firm believer that a priest should be absolutely obedient to his superiors. Obedience is a great way to grow in Christ. This is a big challenge for a lot of Americans, culturally speaking, because we are taught to "think for yourself" and "be independent". We tend to be a rebellious lot as a result...

And may God bless and rest the souls of all His departed priests and servants who sacrificed so much to serve His people on Earth...may their memory be eternal.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.