Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Father Brian Lynch of Transfiguration Catholic Church in Oakdale, Minnesota tenders a passionate homily concerning the betrayal of the bishops in being silent about the evil machinations of Joe Biden. (YouTube Link)

ORIGINAL VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4YHDMIUZHU
Father Brian Lynch Exposes the Bishops Betrayal Over Joe Biden | DavidLGray.INFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4YHDMIUZHU
He was my associate pastor for a few years. Good guy. Really good guy. I hope this doesn't mean trouble for him as he was exactly right. Right to blow his cork too.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Father Brian Lynch of Transfiguration Catholic Church in Oakdale, Minnesota tenders a passionate homily concerning the betrayal of the bishops in being silent about the evil machinations of Joe Biden. (YouTube Link)

ORIGINAL VIDEO:
Father Brian Lynch Exposes the Bishops Betrayal Over Joe Biden | DavidLGray.INFO
I watched it again and he said he would probably 'get a letter'. I'm thinking that these times must be incredibly hard for good priests. I don't know how I would do it, trying to be faithful in a messed up culture and a messed up Church and now a Catholic president. I think maybe if I was a priest in a tiny town in the middle of the North Woods. Nah. I think I would be pondering expedited early retirement and finding a cabin in the deepest woods with no TV or radio or internet or newspaper or phone or cell phone service. I'd chop wood and hunt and fish and pray. If someone came to see me I would act gruffly and if they insisted I would hear their confession. But I'm not a priest. So I pray for them, that the good ones be strong and the bad ones ... well I can't very well pray that in good conscience. Father Lynch is a good one. May God protect him.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

ORIGINAL VIDEO:
Behind a paywall so I can't see the whole of it, more about father Brian Lynch:

In Rift With Biden, a Dramatic Show of Force by a Conservative Catholic Movement

nonpaywalled version here: In Rift With Biden, a Dramatic Show of Force by a Conservative Catholic Movement - Thecropscience

In Oakdale, Minn., the Rev. Brian Lynch, associate pastor at Transfiguration Catholic Church, said he had discussed the bishops’ conference from the pulpit and encouraged his congregants to write letters of support for the Eucharist statement before the vote.

To Father Lynch, the example that Mr. Biden is providing to ordinary Catholics is intolerable. “The old-fashioned language would be that the current situation is scandalous: that someone can hold positions that are completely contrary to what the church teaches and publicly present themselves as a devout Catholic,” he said. “That’s not the traditional meaning of ‘devout.'”

Nothing seen yet about his expected letter from his chancery.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand why I would be denied communion for giving a woman a ride to an abortion "clinic" but politicians like Joe Biden are allowed to openly support and even call for less restrictions on abortion and are still allowed to have communion. It's not right.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand why I would be denied communion for giving a woman a ride to an abortion "clinic" but politicians like Joe Biden are allowed to openly support and even call for less restrictions on abortion and are still allowed to have communion. It's not right.
You do not understand? Really? The whole Biden thing is wrong and every faithful Catholic knows it.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You do not understand? Really?

I really don't understand why it's OK for Biden and other democrat politicians to do something abhorrent but it's considered wrong for me to do, yes.

What makes them any better in the eyes of the church than me? Why do they get special privileges that I and others do not get when it comes to supporting abhorrent things? If I could be denied communion for simply driving a woman to an abortion "clinic", then why does Biden get to promote abortion and still get communion?

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really don't understand why it's OK for Biden and other democrat politicians to do something abhorrent but it's considered wrong for me to do, yes.

What makes them any better in the eyes of the church than me? Why do they get special privileges that I and others do not get when it comes to supporting abhorrent things? If I could be denied communion for simply driving a woman to an abortion "clinic", then why does Biden get to promote abortion and still get communion?
Exactly. But there are clergy within the Church that see their vocation as a career. They do not want to get on the bad side of anyone of prominence. Sad but true.

• Agree
Reactions: BrAndreyu
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They do not want to get on the bad side of anyone of prominence. Sad but true.

It's also because the CIA has been leaning on the church to approve of America's foreign and domestic policy goals since the 1950s. Learning that about the church really depressed the hell out of me and made me think even more about becoming Orthodox, because I fully see the Catholic church eventually caving to the left in America and "marrying" homosexuals, becoming tolerant of abortion, etc.

And when that happens, I'm out. I go to church to get away from the world, not to get along with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Well, you and I are nobodies. Biden and his buddy pro-abortion Catholics are somebodies. They have friends in high places in chanceries. You and I SHOULD be denied the Eucharist if we do anything to facilitate an abortion until we confess and repent. It's not because we are nobodies but because sin is an offense against the all holy God. Doh!

I would not want to be one of those pro-abortion Catholic somebodies, Old Joe and Nancy Pelosi are old enough their judgment isn't going to be that many years away. Old Joe's bishop in his quasi-domicile will also be judged soon enough. I would not like to be any of them.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's also because the CIA has been leaning on the church to approve of America's foreign and domestic policy goals since the 1950s. Learning that about the church really depressed the hell out of me and made me think even more about becoming Orthodox, because I fully see the Catholic church eventually caving to the left in America and "marrying" homosexuals, becoming tolerant of abortion, etc.

And when that happens, I'm out. I go to church to get away from the world, not to get along with it.
The Orthodox have bent to the KGB and they are not all the way healed of their subservience to their communist overlords.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, you and I are nobodies. Biden and his buddy pro-abortion Catholics are somebodies. They have friends in high places in chanceries.

This is the thing that primarily bothers me, because I do not see myself as a "nobody". I see them as nobodies. They sold their souls to Satan for earthly power. You and I are human beings with dignity who know right from wrong, we're much better off than either Sloppy Joe or Nasty Nancy because we haven't made careers of enabling abortion. We've probably done a whole lot more to end it or at least stood against it than either of them ever have. It's not right and it really gets under my skin that they have bishops at their beck and call to enable them and does a lot to damage my faith in the church.

It's like the church only cares about standing up for what's right when it comes to ordinary "nobodies" and when it comes to world leaders, the people who they should be holding to a higher standard than people like us, suddenly it no longer matters.

The Orthodox have bent to the KGB and they are not all the way healed of their subservience to their communist overlords.

The Russian orthodox church maybe, at least that's what the Greek Orthodox priest at the church Ive been to a few times has told me. The Moscow patriarchate is very heavily influenced by the Russian govt.

I don't think that the Greek Orthodox church or the Orthodox Church in America would have anything to do with the KGB (which no longer actually exists, as I believe it is the FSB now that Russia is no longer a communist country). The Orthodox church that I was going to when I was still considering entering the church (and partially still am) was a Greek Orthodox church.

I just don't know what to even do anymore. I'm torn between two worlds here.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This is the thing that primarily bothers me, because I do not see myself as a "nobody". I see them as nobodies. They sold their souls to Satan for earthly power. You and I are human beings with dignity who know right from wrong, we're much better off than either Sloppy Joe or Nasty Nancy because we haven't made careers of enabling abortion. We've probably done a whole lot more to end it or at least stood against it than either of them ever have. It's not right and it really gets under my skin that they have bishops at their beck and call to enable them and does a lot to damage my faith in the church.

It's like the church only cares about standing up for what's right when it comes to ordinary "nobodies" and when it comes to world leaders, the people who they should be holding to a higher standard than people like us, suddenly it no longer matters.
They are somebodies because they have made the Faustian deal to become somebodies. They sold their souls.
The Russian orthodox church maybe, at least that's what the Greek Orthodox priest at the church Ive been to a few times has told me. The Moscow patriarchate is very heavily influenced by the Russian govt.

I don't think that the Greek Orthodox church or the Orthodox Church in America would have anything to do with the KGB (which no longer actually exists, as I believe it is the FSB now that Russia is no longer a communist country). The Orthodox church that I was going to when I was still considering entering the church (and partially still am) was a Greek Orthodox church.

I just don't know what to even do anymore. I'm torn between two worlds here.
We see cracks in the Catholic edifice. But when we carefully look around we see the rubble in other parts of Christianity. Some of the Orthodox are holding their edifices together but there are cracks there too. If you go it will all feel absolutely wonderful for a while until you begin to see the cracks they have. Then where are you going to go?

• Agree
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We see cracks in the Catholic edifice. But when we carefully look around we see the rubble in other parts of Christianity. Some of the Orthodox are holding their edifices together but there are cracks there too. If you go it will all feel absolutely wonderful for a while until you begin to see the cracks they have. Then where are you going to go?

There are problems anywhere you go. There was a time when I was thinking about just saying forget it and going back to an evangelical church but they tend to be very shallow as has been my experience and I like the more liturgical forms of worship compared to the Hillsong-y vibe of evangelical churches, although I like the fact that evangelical churches are easier to bring people into and to get them connected with, but I also like the sacraments and make use of reconciliation more frequently than a lot of people do in my parish. On any given saturday, there are usually only 12 people waiting for confession and that kind of depresses me, but hey, it's their life not mine.

The reason I'm torn is because I have had recurring dreams about a wooden Orthodox church, complete with onion domes, in a land of green rolling hills since I was around 14 years old. I go into the church and then I wake up, I never get to see what it looks like in the inside. I've always taken this to mean that maybe I should have entered the orthodox church, so I went through a period of time where I was going to divine liturgy at a greek orthodox church here in town but I never formally entered the church and broke from the Catholic church.

I stay at the Catholic church now because it's the closest one to me, but I have a very hard time justifying it in light of the sexual molestation crisis that has personally affected parishes in my diocese and then the problem priests were simply moved to another parish where they offended again and the bishops just toss their hands up and say "what do you expect us to do?" What I expect you to do, is to deal with it instead of using the "oh we're so hard up for priests!" as a cop-out to let them get away with it.

I also think that Orthodox churches are prettier on the inside than your average Catholic church. There are other things that I have a hard time accepting that the Catholic church demands that I believe, but I think that those things will also be present in the Orthodox church, so I don't make a huge issue out of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There are problems anywhere you go. There was a time when I was thinking about just saying forget it and going back to an evangelical church but they tend to be very shallow as has been my experience and I like the more liturgical forms of worship compared to the Hillsong-y vibe of evangelical churches, although I like the fact that evangelical churches are easier to bring people into and to get them connected with, but I also like the sacraments and make use of reconciliation more frequently than a lot of people do in my parish. On any given saturday, there are usually only 12 people waiting for confession and that kind of depresses me, but hey, it's their life not mine.

The reason I'm torn is because I have had recurring dreams about a wooden Orthodox church, complete with onion domes, in a land of green rolling hills since I was around 14 years old. I go into the church and then I wake up, I never get to see what it looks like in the inside. I've always taken this to mean that maybe I should have entered the orthodox church, so I went through a period of time where I was going to divine liturgy at a greek orthodox church here in town but I never formally entered the church and broke from the Catholic church.

I stay at the Catholic church now because it's the closest one to me, but I have a very hard time justifying it in light of the sexual molestation crisis that has personally affected parishes in my diocese and then the problem priests were simply moved to another parish where they offended again and the bishops just toss their hands up and say "what do you expect us to do?" What I expect you to do, is to deal with it instead of using the "oh we're so hard up for priests!" as a cop-out to let them get away with it.

I also think that Orthodox churches are prettier on the inside than your average Catholic church. There are other things that I have a hard time accepting that the Catholic church demands that I believe, but I think that those things will also be present in the Orthodox church, so I don't make a huge issue out of it.
I think it's time you went to a Vetus Ordo Latin mass. Every big city has one. Some smaller places too. You owe it to yourself.

Reactions: BrAndreyu
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think it's time you went to a Vetus Ordo Latin mass. Every big city has one. Some smaller places too. You owe it to yourself.

My diocese doesn't have any that I am aware of, otherwise I would go because I've never been to one. I'm considering making the twenty something mile drive this Sunday to go to the byzantine catholic church that is out in the woods South of here, towards Ft. Myers this Sunday instead of going to the Saturday vigil that I usually go to. If it's something I liked, I would consider making the drive out there every week and joining that parish.

I could always go back to English mass at the Ukr Greek Catholic church if they are still having it (which I am not sure if they are) because I've just been going to the English mass at the only Roman catholic church in town for the past few weeks. Again, I don't know what to do. My diocese isn't very supportive of the believers despite us having five churches within a 15 mile radius: San Pedro, St. Maximilian Kolbe (where I used to go, but is a smaller more liberal parish), St. Charles Borromeo, San Antonio (out by the Greek Orthodox church I was going to) and Sacred Heart in Punta Gorda. There's also the cathedral where I have never been to a mass at all, but that involves driving all the way into Venice and hoping that I can find a parking space.

Upvote 0