Father Altman expects to be removed as pastor this weekend. He is bracing for what’s next

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'Here's what happens when you resign,' explained the popular priest. 'You suddenly lose your canon law protections as a pastor, at which time they can say well, I want to send you to Saint Luke's for a little indoctrination training. I want you to go be a chaplain at an old folks’ home way out in Timbuktu, where nobody will ever hear from you.'

Continued below.
Father Altman expects to be removed as pastor this weekend. He is bracing for what’s next

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gosh I have such a mixed opinion of him anymore. I really loved what he was saying late last summer when he released those controversial (but 100% true videos). But lately there's this weird cult of personality that's surrounded him since his bishop showed some opposition, and I feel like he's adopted this quasi-martyrdom complex that I'm not sure is befitting of a priest.

In any case I hope he's somehow able to transfer to another diocese, one that allows him to continue his work in good faith. Maybe Tyler, St. Louis, or even (ironically) San Francisco...they have good bishops.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0