CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I REALLY dislike who are skinny throw lines at you like...
"Exercise more!"
"Eat better!"

They seem to forget not everyone in america fat out of choice. My cousin was very skinny but now shes 23 and weighs 330. Just like her mother and my grandmother and even my mother the gene keeps passing down to the women and no matter what they dop weight doesn't go away.

In my case I am 5'9 and weigh 170 until I was 28 or 29. Then they tried a new seizure med that tends to cause weight gain. In a matter of 4 months my weight went up to 230! My doctor was shocked and took me it. Since then its been very hard to lose it because its very hard for me to exercise because of my disabilities. Which drives me nuts. So I am eating even healthier then before. Granted cut out out calcium (cheese, ice cream) has helped alot since kidney stones from that forced me to not eat it.

Thankfully as of two days ago the scale says I am 204. My skin is flabby from extra skin and I feel a bit...awkward shirtless at the beach. But its ok with me. My wife still thinks I am sexy lol. Of course shes 4'9 and weighs MAYBE 110. She thinks shes fat. Which obviously is a female thing. After talking to her enough though she realizes shes not and is beautiful.

Upvote 0
O

OntheHorizon

What I was told was this: Overweight people aren't able to participate in
an active lifestyle at the level of a person who isn't overweight.

My take on things....
I am not a skinny woman, but I can fit into a plane seat comfortably
without crowding the person seated next to me.

I have endured a long flight sitting next to a man who was over 300 hundred
pounds...when he walked onto the plane he was sweating profusely, he was
my seat mate... my blouse and pants on one side got soaked by him.
He was pretty embarrassed by all this to say the least.
He was smelly and this caused me to get smelly from him...I couldn't
wait to get a shower and change into fresh clothes!

Even though he was nice and well-spoken I didn't enjoy being seated
next to him because about half of him was on me.

its true that an overweight person can't do what the athlete does, but they can and should begin to exercise at their own level. That athlete wasn't born at their current level either.

Upvote 0

Heisluv

Jul 6, 2013
✟15,327.00
Faith
Christian
OntheHorizon said:
its true that an overweight person can't do what the athlete does, but they can and should begin to exercise at their own level. That athlete wasn't born at their current level either.

My exercise is limited due to chronic achilles tendinitis, I do what I can. I have prayed about it. However, at this time it must be "my thorn in the flesh".

Getting back to the subject. I am a fat girl. However, I have recently lost 30 pounds and am working to continue to lose. It's not easy!

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My exercise is limited due to chronic achilles tendinitis, I do what I can. I have prayed about it. However, at this time it must be "my thorn in the flesh".

Getting back to the subject. I am a fat girl. However, I have recently lost 30 pounds and am working to continue to lose. It's not easy!

I want to give you encouragement my brother weighed 310 and now he's down to 210 which is pretty good for his height.

Just trust in God and work hard it will pay off.

Upvote 0

bhayes

Jesus is Lord.
Dec 13, 2012
Canada
✟43,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Laugh or get mad if you want... if an overweight female says " do you think I'm fat? " with that I HAVE NO SELF ESTEEM look on her face... what am I supposed to do? Say I like fat girls? Date her so she feels better? act like she's attractive? Lie and say shed not when she knowd I'm lying? If I agree that yes she's fat then I become the dark lord Sauron or Satan and the guilt is all mine. She did it to herself, not me.

I'm at a loss... I think honesty is best from now on. thoughts?

If you asked a girl do you think I am attractive in general and she said flat out no then what would you like her to do? Would you like her to lie and say you are even though you are truthfully ugly or would you like her to agree and become the dark lord Sauron. I think that should answer your ridiculous question

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you keep saying that this is a 'female thing' when you are as insecure about your weight as your wife is?
Because it is a female thing. Doesn't mean that men don't do it. But almost all women seem to think they are fat because of how the world says they should look. I'm not insecure about my weight. I was just pointing out weight issues in regards to the topic asked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

OntheHorizon

If you asked a girl do you think I am attractive in general and she said flat out no then what would you like her to do? Would you like her to lie and say you are even though you are truthfully ugly or would you like her to agree and become the dark lord Sauron. I think that should answer your ridiculous question

She should say no if thats the truth, that is what id want

Upvote 0
O

OntheHorizon

If you don't find another person attractive, that doesn't mean you should shout it from the rooftops. What ever happened to trying to make a person feel good about themselves or complimenting them???
Geesh, people are so mean now at days. No wonder so many girls hate themselves.

no ones shouting or even mentioned sbouting

Upvote 0

Heisluv

Jul 6, 2013
✟15,327.00
Faith
Christian
Charming7 said:
If you don't find another person attractive, that doesn't mean you should shout it from the rooftops. What ever happened to trying to make a person feel good about themselves or complimenting them???
Geesh, people are so mean now at days. No wonder so many girls hate themselves.

One reason so many girls hate themselves are the unrealistic airbrushed photos they see in fashion magazines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.