Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
stormdancer

Why would I date someone who is not attractive to me?

Please don't feel like I thought YOU were or probably were overweight.

and its obvious that a person needs to be spiritually fit too, there simply isn't a reason to think that a gym rat isn't.
Your OP was outrageously offensive to me - but not because of what you wrote. I have some issues with this topic, and when I'm not doing well, I lash out, especially when I can find a good target.

And there you were!

I'm sorry. My posts are my beliefs, but not necessary for this discussion.

Will duct tape my soapbox to the roof and lose the ladder now.

Sorry about that folks.

(as for the gym rat, anyone who says, "I do it, therefore you can too" annoys me. They just have no idea.)

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait...what?

If everyone deserves to be happily married to someone they are attracted to, then why wouldn't that include same-sex couples?

Or alternately, how is the church's influence to 'settle' for a spouse who is less than attractive to them in any way related to dudes marrying each other? Are you saying that a straight man would rather marry a man than a woman he is not attracted to?

I think your logic broke, bro. Or I missed a big step somewhere. ^_^

You missed a big step. They shouldn't be happy because its a unnatural desire.

What I was saying is we have devalued marriage and allowed for these sexual dysfunction to occur.

Upvote 0

Raiyuu

I Will Welcome the Reaping
Apr 21, 2012
✟8,147.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Laugh or get mad if you want... if an overweight female says " do you think I'm fat? " with that I HAVE NO SELF ESTEEM look on her face... what am I supposed to do? Say I like fat girls? Date her so she feels better? act like she's attractive? Lie and say shed not when she knowd I'm lying? If I agree that yes she's fat then I become the dark lord Sauron or Satan and the guilt is all mine. She did it to herself, not me.

I'm at a loss... I think honesty is best from now on. thoughts?

:muahah:

:Edit: Sorry I was laughing at that for the past 10 mins! I would tell her yes but she can always work out and change her diet to lose the weight. There's a solution to problems and if she doesn't want to take up on the advice then I guess she needs some motivation.... and prayer. I don't believe in lying to people because I don't like being lied to. How are you supposed to solve a problem if it's never brought to your attention?

Oops. My bad for rambling :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

amandatea

Legalist extraordinaire :s
May 9, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Visit site
✟8,835.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
well you actually can't burn fat in zones, your body loses fat as a single unit. Though it may not appear to be so

You should read "Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It" by Gary Taubes. He explains well that, although the proper nutrition and exercise are very important for health and fitness, a significant part of the shape of one's body (curves, where fat stores by default - which is different for everyone) is due to hormones and genetics. It makes sense if you look at families. Usually a whole family will have similar body shapes.

Working out will not change a person's "curves" except if they pair it with a good, clean diet (natural, REAL food as opposed to processed, preserved crap), the fat and muscle mass will change over time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

OntheHorizon

:muahah:

:Edit: Sorry I was laughing at that for the past 10 mins! I would tell her yes but she can always work out and change her diet to lose the weight. There's a solution to problems and if she doesn't want to take up on the advice then I guess she needs some motivation.... and prayer. I don't believe in lying to people because I don't like being lied to. How are you supposed to solve a problem if it's never brought to your attention?

Oops. My bad for rambling :/

its ok feel free to laugh and ramble

Upvote 0

amandatea

Legalist extraordinaire :s
May 9, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Visit site
✟8,835.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
that sounds like a good book, I don't know much about inheriting it

Well, if you read it, you may change your opinion on that.

One example that I have personally is my mom and her dad. He was not a particularly "fat" man, but he had a large frame (6'5" if I recall correctly), and very big legs - especially thighs. My mom said she always had a flat stomach, as a child and teenager, but she always had very big legs and bum.

Another example: My dad's side of the family have very big bellies (a lot of that is bad habits too, but that's where it naturally sits when we gain fat) so my siblings and I not only inherited big legs/bum but also a tendancy to store fat in the belly. Also, my sister has a very large frame. I can reach my thumb and middle finger around my wrist, but my sister can't do that with hers. She really is "big boned", but the amount of fat she has is less than mine. Although she has less fat, she appears bigger than I do. It is largely genetic and also largely hormonally fueled.
Here is a link to a video of the author talking about his research on the book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDneyrETR2o
But this is very off topic. Oops. sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MercyandFaith

Dec 25, 2012
✟22,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can any guy humour me for a second and explain why most men are not attracted to overweight women? I just want to understand the reasoning.

This isn't the main reason, but one reason for some men is that they are also concerned how they would be judged by their friends, family, etc. if they were to be seen with an overweight girlfriend.

I suppose that many women would feel the same way about dating a very short man, or a man who looked like a geek or nerd - they would be afraid of what their friends and family would think of their choice of boyfriend.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
What I was told was this: Overweight people aren't able to participate in
an active lifestyle at the level of a person who isn't overweight.

My take on things....
I am not a skinny woman, but I can fit into a plane seat comfortably
without crowding the person seated next to me.

I have endured a long flight sitting next to a man who was over 300 hundred
pounds...when he walked onto the plane he was sweating profusely, he was
my seat mate... my blouse and pants on one side got soaked by him.
He was pretty embarrassed by all this to say the least.
He was smelly and this caused me to get smelly from him...I couldn't
wait to get a shower and change into fresh clothes!

Even though he was nice and well-spoken I didn't enjoy being seated
next to him because about half of him was on me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.