Fat Barbie ... or should we say plump ... or curvy?

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How about a Ken doll who identifies as Barbie?

Its time.
How about a Ken doll that looks masculine? Nowadays, they make all of the Ken dolls to look like he might be homosexual.

Speaking of which, I gave my daughters a masculine man doll to go with their Barbies. Here's a photo of it:

100_5443.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
If you live in the US, you *might* still be able to locate a few overstock 12-inch soldiers from The Corps! clogging the shelves at your local Wal-Mart.

I've had overstock 3.75-inch figures from the line on the shelves around here for at least a good 2 - 3 years now, and it almost seems like the store nearest to me might even have one more case still lingering in the back.

edit -

Of course, there's always the 12-inch DC Comics figures from Mattel and the 12-inch Star Wars and Marvel Comics figures from Hasbro.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Stereotyping is fun I guess.

It would seem so, unless of course, the shoe is on the other foot and they are the target of being stereotyped, then it is not so fun anymore.

Reactions: chandraclaws
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to think all the stereo types of rural down south were over exaggerated but they were really under exaggerated. Theres certain ones that hit that mark 80% of the time.

We all stereotype people in one way or another, we even do it within the churches acording to a particular groups most dominant characteristics (often nutty one).

Sometimes you can just agree with one

Titus 1:12 One of themselves,
even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

Titus 1:13 This witness is true.
Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
Near Pittsburgh, which is NOT in Scotland!
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
From the "Curvy" files: Barbie's Got a New Body | Time

Yes, plump. Barbie’s got a new body. Three new bodies, actually: petite, tall and curvy, in Mattel’s exhaustively debated lexicon, and beginning Jan. 28 they will be sold alongside the original busty, thin-waisted form on Barbie.com. They’ll all be called Barbie, but it’s the curvy one—with meat on her thighs and a protruding tummy and behind—that marks the most startling change to the most infamous body in the world.

It’s a massive risk for Mattel. Barbie is more than just a doll. The brand does $1 billion in sales across more than 150 countries annually, and 92% of American girls ages 3 to 12 have owned a Barbie, thanks in part to her affordable $10 price tag. She’s been the global symbol of a certain kind of American beauty for generations, with brand recognition that’s up there with Mickey Mouse. M.G. Lord, a Barbie biographer, once said she was designed “to teach women what—for better or worse—is expected of them in society.”
The bottom line will be how well the product sells. If it is bust, you'll see 'Fat Barbie' head for Weight Watchers never to be seen in stores again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thats them! Its surprising they are still around. Theres this infatuation with things that wobble and dont fall down, whereas I wobble, fall, and I cant get back up again ^_^

I hate getting old (I'm identifying less with barbie and more with the weebles) its just so sad ^_^

Lets go cook something up shall we? LOL!

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lets go cook something up shall we? LOL!

Just got done eating a bacon sandwich with leftover bacon from the Hoppin John I cooked the other night...

Have got some flank steak marinating in pickled red jalapenos and their juice for this weekend. Have always used green ones or Serrano's before so am wondering if this will taste much different,. Its supposed to be 50 on Saturday so will fire up the grille and find out... :)

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So even toys have to be specially made so "we don't hurt anyone's feelings" now...wonderful.

Instead of specifically making "inclusive" dolls, how about we start teaching kids that toys are just toys and not something that you have to model yourself after.

Are we going to start making "asthmatic GI Joe - inhaler sold separately"?

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just got done eating a bacon sandwich with leftover bacon from the Hoppin John I cooked the other night...

Have got some flank steak marinating in pickled red jalapenos and their juice for this weekend. Have always used green ones or Serrano's before so am wondering if this will taste much different,. Its supposed to be 50 on Saturday so will fire up the grille and find out... :)

Im just looking forward to slappin' some week old baloney on an ol piece of stale potatoe bread to get rid of the hunger pains ^_^ (I didnt feel like cooking) been up for over 30 hours you can imagine not feeling like it.

We are not going to bond in any of these "pickled, jalapeno and serrano" laced dishes I can tell you that right now LOL

My eyes are starting to water^_^

I think we need a "Ken and Barbie" lets call it.
(A food creation) I bet you could make something up that would work. :D

Im kidding wit cha.

Keeping on topic I thought there was a chubby barbie called pregnant barbie out there.

(hits google!)

Yep, how weird is this?

I would likely get questions like, "how does the baby get in there?"

I just wouldnt be any good at explaining that sort of thing to a child

She even keeps her figure during pregnancy (she is just evil) ^_^

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So even toys have to be specially made so "we don't hurt anyone's feelings" now...wonderful.

Instead of specifically making "inclusive" dolls, how about we start teaching kids that toys are just toys and not something that you have to model yourself after.

Are we going to start making "asthmatic GI Joe - inhaler sold separately"?

They do have special needs barbies

2534e4db36eab73b20ef607c10a6c5f8.jpg

See?

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0