Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've heard the Keto diet with intermittent fasting is really good for reversing type 2. Not sure about how that diet would affect someone with Type 1, though. Hopefully someone has something better to say, because that's all I can add to the conversation. :/

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys, what options are there concerning fasting for people with health issues please?
Do you mean to gain better health or for something like Yom Kippur? Regarding the latter, I always hate giving advice because it's your walk and your health. My answer would only be what would I do? And I would do what I was capable of. If my body didn't allow me to go 24 hours without food and water than I wouldn't do that. I mean, unless I heard God give me direction otherwise, then it is what it is.

If you're asking for health reasons... I am sure intermittent fasting can help and I know certain diets really help with diabetes... but I won't spend any time with links right now unless you want them.

Upvote 0

curious mike

Oct 30, 2015
✟19,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry guys, I meant like when people fast for something they want or to get revelation for something e.t.c. My research shows the importance of fasting by the great prophets so I am looking in to what options there might be aside from "food" fasting.

I am seeing giving up certain things one likes like television for whatever period of time as an example but wondering if doing that will be enough? Looking for ideas from people who fast in other ways than food.

• Haha
Reactions: Rachel Rachel
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I am looking in to what options there might be aside from "food" fasting.

I am seeing giving up certain things one likes like television for whatever period of time as an example but wondering if doing that will be enough? Looking for ideas from people who fast in other ways than food.

Well you can abstain from anything you do. The most extreme abstention is meditation, where you try to abstain from thought itself and any action other than breathing.

Upvote 0