Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
To my mind this is what we classify as an 'ask your priest question ' and as stated above not one for the internet.

Perhaps it could/should be left as that

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I understand the curiosity from an "I've never heard of that" point of view. (At least thinking one hasn't heard of it, since St. Paul does make mention of such a discipline in the Scriptures.)

But as with all such disciplines, it is not a legalistic thing but rather one of many tools so one must consider how they impact an individual (or couple) spiritually. It really is a "discuss with your priest" question. Learning particular examples, reasons, concessions, and so on are more informative than simply "what's the usual rule".

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Question for married Orthodox Christians? Do you guys have sexual relations during fasting periods? Why or why not?
Be careful, man. You are not as anonymous as you might think. Someone recognized that I post here and while sometimes I don't care about that, you never know how it might affect you in the future.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The correct answer is that abstaining from marital relations should be part of our fasts. To what degree a couple is able to incorporate that into their fast is between them and their priest.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
To my mind this is what we classify as an 'ask your priest question ' and as stated above not one for the internet.

Perhaps it could/should be left as that

The standard TAW reply isn't it? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums